What's new

Additional Arms

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Additional Arms that we can acquire. We will be looking into many weapons, equipments, tanks, and armoured vehicles.

Paladin

<div class='bbimg'></div>
The picture of Paladin firing automatically on the target.

Mission
Provide the primary artillery support for armored and mechanized infantry divisions.

Entered Army Service
1963 (M109)

Description and Specifications
The M109A6 (Paladin) howitzer is the most technologically-advanced self-propelled cannon system in The U.S. Army. The "A6" designation identifies several changes to the standard model that provide improvements to weapon survivability, responsiveness, reliability, availability and maintainability, armament and terminal effects.

The fire-control system is fully automated, providing accurate position location, azimuth reference and on-board ballistic solutions of fire missions. The howitzer has a servo-driven, computer-controlled gun drive with manual backup. Paladin uses state-of-art components to achieve dramatic improvements in the following:

Survivability: "Shoot and scoot" tactics; improved ballistic and nuclear, biological and chemical protection.

Responsive fires: Capable of firing within 45 seconds from complete stop with on-board communications, remote travel lock and automated cannon slew capability.

Accurate fires: On-board POSNAV and technical fire control.

Extended range: 30 km with HE RAP and M203 propellant.

Increased reliability: Improved engine, track and diagnostics.

Upgrades include: global positioning system-aided self-location, M93 Muzzle Velocity System, and commercial off-the-shelf-based computer processor.

Max unassisted range: 22,000 m
Max assisted range: 30,000 m
Minimum range: 4,000 m
Max rate of fire: 4 rounds/minute for three minutes
Sustained rate of fire: 1 round/minute (dependent on thermal warning devices)
Max speed: 38 mph (highway)
Weight (empty): 56,400 lbs
Weight (combat loaded): approximately 63,615 lbs
Crew: 4 (accompanying M992 FAASV-5)

Manufacturer
United Defense, L.P. (York, PA); TRW (Carson City, CA)

I think Pakistan is acquiring what it needs to. I think Pakistan should acquire some frigates, and attack boats, it will really help the capability.

And of course latest weaponry with F-16s are needed like AMRAAM, BVR, WVR (short, mid range)

Well lets see now:

PAF: Frontline fighter jets, possibly Rafael, Gripen or J-10

PN: More surface combatants urgently required; Chinese F-22Ps coming but that is not enough. In addition, more submarines now required after Indian-French deal on Scorpenes which the Agostas cannot beat.

PA: So far the best supplied force out of all three but still lacks modern SP artillery and MBRLs which are decisive in the field of battle along with MBTs.

Originally posted by myst@Feb 21 2006, 04:54 AM
Well lets see now:

PAF: Frontline fighter jets, possibly Rafael, Gripen or J-10

PN: More surface combatants urgently required; Chinese F-22Ps coming but that is not enough. In addition, more submarines now required after Indian-French deal on Scorpenes which the Agostas cannot beat.

PA: So far the best supplied force out of all three but still lacks modern SP artillery and MBRLs which are decisive in the field of battle along with MBTs.
[post=5966]Quoted post[/post]​

PAF frontline fighter would be the F-16,Thunder and possibly the Rafale of EF-2000 no where in hell are we gonna go for the infereior Gripen or J-10

The PN has currently sent requests to order 5-6 different subs to Germany and France (France in which has already has began on the design work for the next generation sub for pakistan) and the Scorpene cannot beet the Augosta (I dont have time to explain just go to Navaltechnology.com and compare the two). Pakistan is not only getting F-22p but the Perry class, spruance class, more jalats, naval version of Babar and more fleet combatants are soon to be orderd. If you have noticed Musharafed had promised that by 2015 we will catch up to the IN and at the current trend I think its gonna happen.

The PA has enough artillery and has not only bought new SP artillery from the US but is also developing its own. On top of this we have advanced DU shells, advanced battle field management system, and al-khalid 2 on its way so all looks good for the army :army:

You want F-16s and Thunder to be frontline jets of PAF? Using your logic, the Su-30s would take out all our frontline jets before our &#39;frontline&#39; jets even get a chance to have a lock-on on the Sukhois. Either you don&#39;t know the capabilities of IAF&#39;s Sukhois or you&#39;re just a blind patriot.

Do you read what ACM of the PAF says in his interviews and what come out of Janes? I&#39;m sure you don&#39;t because then you would not be making such ridiculous claims. Jf-17 is a mid-tech bulk fighter which is being developed to form the bulk of the PAF fighter strength and will replace F-7PG, Mirage III/V and also possibly the A-5. F-16s are being obtained to provide a stop-gap measure as well as provide the &#39;punch&#39; ability to the PAF which it currently lacks bigtime.

However the hunt for a true 4th generation fighter jet is underway and the top contenders are (like it or not) Gripen, J-10 and Rafael. Eurofighter was not considered since it does not fit in with the PAF&#39;s overall strategy and is costly as well. The latter reason (the cost factor) is also playing a part in deciding about Rafael since it is quite expensive.

Gripen is an extremely potent fighter jet designed primarily for point-defence role which is the ultimate PAF strategy against an aggression by the IAF. J-10 is high on the list because of its easier availability.

Coming to PN, the news that design work on the new submarine has been begun by DCN of France has so far been conflicting and none of the major credible defence sources have confirmed this at the moment. Remember, how JANG newspaper was going crazy publishing stories that Gripen deal had been clinched and their delivery would start within a year?? Well that was a spoof and a proof of yellow journalism and unless this submarine news is confirmed by a credible defence source, I wouldn&#39;t read too much in to it.

Surface fleet is only getting F-22Ps in the near future. There has been NO word on Perry class vessels and the Spruance class is ages old and cannot match anything that the IN already has. I am well aware of what Musharraf said but so far no major practical decisions have been taken in line with his visions. I suggest before making generalized claims about PN acquiring this and that, please do some research and come up with credible sources sighting soon-to-happen PN purchases.

As far as Pakistan Army is concerned; buying a dozen SP artillery pieces as a stop-gap measure doesn&#39;t really make it come to par with the Indian Army. Of course it is no hidden fact that Pakistan Army is the most well equiped force out of all three but it still lacks the non-tank firepower needed where tanks cannot venture. MBRLs is another issue which the planners need to look in to. Using the words &#39;advanced&#39; before everything doesn&#39;t really &#39;upgrade&#39; that thing in to something invincible. DU shells are also available to the Indian Army thanks to Russia. BMS that Pakistan presented at IDEAS 2004 was a good step forward but needs more work on it to put PA really ahead of IA.

To conclude, Pakistan Army is so far being modernized in the most proper way apart from a few neglections but the other two forces need urgent attention if we are to keep firm control over our skies and waters.

Amazing use of some colorful language. Goes to show your attitude towards tougher debate and discussion.

I&#39;m a Pakistani and I dont need to prove it to anyone. Just because I&#39;m not blind with patriotism and actually take time to analyse each issue dispassionately through objectivity doesn&#39;t make me one from across the border.

By using that kind of language, I&#39;m sure you are definitely turning this place in to another Bharat-Rakshak which is one of the most useless forums and hatred spewing places I&#39;ve ever come across.

I think we need to induct a new units in the Pakistani Armed Forces. That unit should be a sniper unit. and a para borne unit which i dont think we really have. In todays armed forces snipers are a must have, they can surely turn a war around for you with their skills.

Para units to have dropped insinde the enemy terrotory again essential for todays military deployments.

i dont know what he wrote as its been deleted by ahsen,but myst is very neitral when he says abt india and pakistan.

Comapred to what pakistan has been spening on its defence forces,they ahve done a good job,especially with the PA.

Originally posted by Ahsan F@Jan 3 2006, 12:36 PM
Paladin

<div class='bbimg'></div>
The picture of Paladin firing automatically on the target.

Mission
Provide the primary artillery support for armored and mechanized infantry divisions.

Entered Army Service
1963 (M109)

Description and Specifications
The M109A6 (Paladin) howitzer is the most technologically-advanced self-propelled cannon system in The U.S. Army. The "A6" designation identifies several changes to the standard model that provide improvements to weapon survivability, responsiveness, reliability, availability and maintainability, armament and terminal effects.

The fire-control system is fully automated, providing accurate position location, azimuth reference and on-board ballistic solutions of fire missions. The howitzer has a servo-driven, computer-controlled gun drive with manual backup. Paladin uses state-of-art components to achieve dramatic improvements in the following:

Survivability: "Shoot and scoot" tactics; improved ballistic and nuclear, biological and chemical protection.

Responsive fires: Capable of firing within 45 seconds from complete stop with on-board communications, remote travel lock and automated cannon slew capability.

Accurate fires: On-board POSNAV and technical fire control.

Extended range: 30 km with HE RAP and M203 propellant.

Increased reliability: Improved engine, track and diagnostics.

Upgrades include: global positioning system-aided self-location, M93 Muzzle Velocity System, and commercial off-the-shelf-based computer processor.

Max unassisted range: 22,000 m
Max assisted range: 30,000 m
Minimum range: 4,000 m
Max rate of fire: 4 rounds/minute for three minutes
Sustained rate of fire: 1 round/minute (dependent on thermal warning devices)
Max speed: 38 mph (highway)
Weight (empty): 56,400 lbs
Weight (combat loaded): approximately 63,615 lbs
Crew: 4 (accompanying M992 FAASV-5)

Manufacturer
United Defense, L.P. (York, PA); TRW (Carson City, CA)
[post=5003]Quoted post[/post]​

this is my fav when i play command and conquers.

Pakistan Army already has paratroopers and snipers. Paratroopers are mostly confined to the SSG, particularly the Musa Company. Now there are two sets of snipers; one type attached to the SSG and the other with the regular army.

Since SSG requires more precision and accuracy and failure is NOT an option they use the M82-A1A sniper rifle which is Anti-Armour, has 2+miles range and is 50 cal.

The regular army snipers use the locally manufactured G-3 which isn&#39;t that great.

There are only a few hundred M82-A1A sniper rifles in use as of now which, when we talk about enhancements and improvements of the Pakistani forces, should be made the standard. The G-3 should be done away with and the M82-A1A given to snipers working with the regular army units.

As for the SSG snipers, I think its about time they got an upgrade for their weapons. Pakistan should use its good relations with the US and buy M87-ELR sniper rifles that are currently in use by the American forces. They are just amazing, in that they are highly accurate (ofcourse the level of accuracy also depends on the sniper himself and his observer) and less prone to jamming.

In my opinion we should improve our navy and airforce because those are the least capable parts of our armed forces. I am not saying our airforce is terrible...All i am am saying is that we need newer andadvaced planes and systems....Moving on to the navy dillema. Our navy is not competent to take on india.We should design our own frigates and builld them,..We should evewlopl technologies in an effort to industrialize our country. we need a robust plan to upgrade the weak points in our armed forces..We also need to consistently improve our economy so we can afford to improve our economy and at the same time improve the average pakistanis life

-ISa

Pakistan Zindabad&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :army:

None of the three Pakistani forces can &#39;take on&#39; India and that has never been there objective either. They are designed and structured for &#39;minimum deterrence&#39; which implies that they take a defensive posture.

Defend to the last man and make the aggressor pay so dearly in terms of lives and equipment losses that he loses all taste for battle. This would prevent any aggressor to not attack in the first place.

Originally posted by Sid@Feb 23 2006, 08:20 AM
None of the three Pakistani forces can &#39;take on&#39; India and that has never been there objective either. They are designed and structured for &#39;minimum deterrence&#39; which implies that they take a defensive posture.

Defend to the last man and make the aggressor pay so dearly in terms of lives and equipment losses that he loses all taste for battle. This would prevent any aggressor to not attack in the first place.
[post=6121]Quoted post[/post]​

Having strong doemstic industry is the only way out for Pakistan in the long term,getting all these stuff as stop gap arrangements wont do any good.

Back
Top Bottom