What's new

Adversary: That grin on BS Dhanoa's face when he talk about Rafale

AMRAAM

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Another recent interview of BS Dhanoa.

The grin on his face when he talks about Rafale indicates that either he is unaware of the countermeasures that PAF would take or he is super confident about the capabilities of Rafale.

Block-III with PL-15 or Vipers with AIM-120D badly needed to give a shut-up call to this guy.

Last edited:

The grin on his face when he talks about Rafale indicates that either he unaware of the countermeasures that PAF would take or he is super confident about the capabilities of Rafale.

Block-III with PL-15 or Vipers with AIM-120D badly needed to give a shut-up call to this guy.

In Regards to Tech
Block 52 in Pakistani Inventory is still the most hi tech system plane in Sub continent including Su 30 and indian air forces also know its shortcomings.

Rafale is a game changer until Thunder block 3 comes and its AESA is able to go against Rafale

The grin on his face when he talks about Rafale indicates that either he is unaware of the countermeasures that PAF would take or he is super confident about the capabilities of Rafale.

Sardarji seem to just recover from the loose motions, inflicted on him from our boyz.

The grin on his face when he talks about Rafale indicates that either he is unaware of the countermeasures that PAF ....

That grin may not essentially be due to perceived extraordinary potential of Rafale, but owing to the bribes received by this Sardar, on the purchase.

Time for him to lose hearing in other ear as well :partay:

So even J-20 is not a match for his Rafales now? The arrogance of this guy. He must be high on special daru. I sincerely hope that PAF will bury them with their arrogance and Rafales in the next round.

I think PAF must do something on war basis to replace F-7 and Mirages ASAP. Induction of Block-III will be a watershed event but it is sometime away. We desperately need a stopgap.

I think PAF must do something on war basis to replace F-7 and Mirages ASAP. Induction of Block-III will be a watershed event but it is sometime away. We desperately need a stopgap.
I feel alot of our hopes are being placed on Block III, but in my humble opinion Block III will just be an incremental upgrade and will not magically make JF-17 compete against one of the best jets in the world (Rafale).

We have been hearing about Rafale acquisition for years and PAF has done absolutely nothing to counter it, other than begging US for more F-16s. I wonder when our love affair with F-16 is going to end.

I feel alot of our hopes are being placed on Block III, but in my humble opinion Block III will just be an incremental upgrade and will not magically make JF-17 compete against one of the best jets in the world (Rafale).

We have been hearing about Rafale acquisition for years and PAF has done absolutely nothing to counter it, other than begging US for more F-16s. I wonder when our love affair with F-16 is going to end.
Yeah Till some time ago ... I used to have similar views about air power. But 27/2 proves that it is planning, coordination, synergy of different air elements and execution which makes the difference more than the technology. (though tech is critically important). F-16s is one thing, PAF knows inside out. MKI was not hunted by a Block-52, but an upgraded older F-16. Strikes in Noushera, Rajorie etc. was not carried out by a dedicated bomber but upgraded but old Mirage fighters. What it tells us is that PAF, over the decades, have mastered F-16 and Mirage tactics. The reason I am asking for their replacement is their age. They have contributed 25 out of 26 of PAF air crashes from 2012-2019. Otherwise we only lost 1 single JF-17 Thunder in crash. No F-16. IAF has managed to destroy 7 MKI and 3 Mirage 2000 in the same time. Though their total number stands at 47 during the same time period if we count in Migs 21/23/27/29 and Jaguar. Replacing their old fighters is their problem, but we must get rid of our's ASAP. F-7Ps can be replaced with BlockII with aggressive push in production to each replacement will be a massive jump in capability. Real worry is what we are going to those 160+ Mirages we are operating right now. This explains why PAF is so eager to have older F-16s. They can accelerate the replacement process. Actually, PAF's romance with this machine continues till it will keep evolving. Now F-16V upgrades, Block-72 are there, I am certain PAF will at least try to get these for our existing fleet and boosting the numerical strength.

he is always available for interviews , he seems to be desperate to come out on news to spread the propaganda hahah paper tigers lol

he is always available for interviews , he seems to be desperate to come out on news to spread the propaganda hahah paper tigers lol

Only lately, like that tilted hat joker. After Feb 27, they mostly disappeared from the scene, for quite sometime.

Yeah Till some time ago ... I used to have similar views about air power. But 27/2 proves that it is planning, coordination, synergy of different air elements and execution which makes the difference more than the technology. (though tech is critically important). F-16s is one thing, PAF knows inside out. MKI was not hunted by a Block-52, but an upgraded older F-16. Strikes in Noushera, Rajorie etc. was not carried out by a dedicated bomber but upgraded but old Mirage fighters. What it tells us is that PAF, over the decades, have mastered F-16 and Mirage tactics. The reason I am asking for their replacement is their age. They have contributed 25 out of 26 of PAF air crashes from 2012-2019. Otherwise we only lost 1 single JF-17 Thunder in crash. No F-16. IAF has managed to destroy 7 MKI and 3 Mirage 2000 in the same time. Though their total number stands at 47 during the same time period if we count in Migs 21/23/27/29 and Jaguar. Replacing their old fighters is their problem, but we must get rid of our's ASAP. F-7Ps can be replaced with BlockII with aggressive push in production to each replacement will be a massive jump in capability. Real worry is what we are going to those 160+ Mirages we are operating right now. This explains why PAF is so eager to have older F-16s. They can accelerate the replacement process. Actually, PAF's romance with this machine continues till it will keep evolving. Now F-16V upgrades, Block-72 are there, I am certain PAF will at least try to get these for our existing fleet and boosting the numerical strength.

Problem lies with few things
1 If Pakistan & China Ramp up thunder production from 16 or 18 to 30+ what will happen to everything after few years when Pakistan is able to get 200+ thunders in less than decade, its simple you cant switch to different plane next day after completing order.
2 F7PG is are still much newer platforms than Mirages but with Rose Upgrade it still keeps them a valuable asset for PAF as they dont have deep heavy strike platform for these roles.
3 Money do they have enough funds to do a high end purchase to truly counter Rafale and any need purchase from India , Pakistan will have to buy a 5th gen Air craft from China otherwise even after buying 10 to 30ish J16 or J10 or J11 PAF will be in same situation if india purchases newer platform.
4 if Pakistan is somehow able to get block 70 on F17s than that could be able to counter rafale without adding a new platform on much lower time span
5 if Pakistan can purchaes more decent condition f16s and Turkey is able to upgrade that could be a quick and work able response

Last edited:

D1p7FoGU4AAirzQ.jpg

^^^ 8-)

this plus datalink with the awacs means killing the rafale over 200kms away with the existing JF17s. Blk3 with AESA would just make it that much more sweeter...

We won’t be able to replace all older planes (F7s and Mirage 3/5 : 175 planes) before 2025 even if we build 30 planes per year.
I guess 12 JF-17B and 12 JF-17 Block 3 will be build in 2020-2021 unless the project is delayed.

There will be no more freebies from USA.
That’s one of the reason our military leadership doesn’t want to change ship.
It’s not like Russia is become our best friend. Russia will only care about it’s interest but still we need to balance our relationship with them. I believe lot of it depends on our economy. If IK with his (old PPP loyalist) team can bring the economy on track, it will be a great achievement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom