What's new

Afghan refugees in Pakistan fear deportation.

Good job:) Now please send the rest of their community back to Kabul, where they can wallow in tears waiting for the Taliban to rule over them.

Seriously have you lived abroad? - I've lived in several countries in the middle east, far east and now in the west - Pakistanis get deported for minor infractions including from the US. You don't have any idea of what you are talking about.

And yes, I was a second class citizen in an Arab country - but to this day I am grateful to the enhanced opportunity that country provided me as are other Pakistanis - Let me explain what a second class citizen means:
1. It means if I got into a civil dispute with an Arab the court would hold his word against mine just because I was not an Arab
2. It means I had to stand in special lines
3. It means if a White Westerner showed up he or she got to skip the line
4. It meant watching a police man throw my father's documents on the floor while his family watched helplessly
5. It meant that I could not enroll in any professional department at the University (engineering or medicine) even when I had more than sufficient grades

But to this day I have always wished my host countries and their people well and thought of them as my second homes and their people as my own.

I understood then as I understand now (with my hair greying) that I came from very little and that I would not be there if the host country did not provide me a better future.

So please do not lecture us on how Pakistanis who live in the diaspora haven't paid their dues. We are nothing like the Afghans. We understand that despite imperfections the guest counties did give us a better future than what our own country could. I have never heard a Pakistani spew 1% of the bile that Afghans spew at us.

I say if the US, UK, KSA, UAE, Malaysia can deport Pakistanis for not following the law or when they feel we do not help the local economy by reducing quotas, Pakistan can do it too.

I say we expel the Afghan refugees - have you every heard an Afghan be thankful for what Pakistanis did for them. They can go to India - I believe they have great love for India and Indians for them.

Hear Hear

I'm sorry @A-Team but I don't agree with the points in your post. I've just gotten up and need to tend to business but a few points (I'll try to write more detailed responses later).

0. On a lighter note the only Afghans who have not vented bile at me are the ones who work for me in Pakistan - but they were born in Pakistan to Afghan refugees, educated in Pakistan and most importantly: they work for me - I am curious what they would say if they did not work for me. I wonder if they celebrate when the Pakistani cricket team looses to India - LOL. To be fair, they do not know of my position of Afghans. So I don't doubt what you say about the Pakistanis who work for you but I wonder if politeness and pecking order have not gotten the better of the truth in this case.

1. A quick Google will reveal personal Pakistani narratives about how they are treated in Afghanistan. I'll try to post some later that I think are rather telling. This is how *people* are treated and not their government. For example: all Americans visiting Tehran remark how friendly the Iranian people are towards them - the difference is easily discernible. By contrast, Pakistanis are frisked, beaten, their documents taken away. A common Indian jest is that Pakistanis have to pretend to be Indians in Afghanistan to escape harassment.

2. We almost opened an office in Kabul - primarily analytics work for US NGOs and government agencies but I was told constantly *off the record* that being a Pakistani-American I would be at a disadvantage. To top it off I was discouraged by close Afghan-American friends, one of whom is a royalist, with connections to the former Afghan Ambassador to the US, Said Tayeb Jawad and others.

3. To your question: KSA and Iran have played a proxy war on Pakistan's streets since the 1980s. Have you seen Pakistanis wish the Saudis ill.

4. I suspect Afghan drugs and guns have killed more Pakistanis and inflicted more damage than any Pakistani proxy. Have you seen Pakistanis beat Afghan's en mass - not even close.

5. Afghanistan started this - no Afghan even denies this - thank Serdar Mohammad Daud Khan *Shaheed* - what we see today is just the snowball effect of that. Have you seen Pakistanis burn Afghan flags?

6. Millions of Afghans live in Pakistan - yet an Afghan visa for Pakistanis is extremely difficult to get: so your claim that this has nothing to do with the Pakistani people is questionable.

7. If Afghans were truly grateful towards the Pakistani people they would have moved quickly to establish a visa free regimen for Pakistanis, allowed easy access to Pakistani businesses - Note Pakistani interference re-emerged circa 2006 however Afghans cut Pakistanis out of Afghanistan day one - I think there was no Pakistani representation at the first Bonn conference (I'd appreciate a reference) - And, this hostility permeates all strata of Afghan society.

8. The argument that you can completely separate the Government of Pakistan from its people is false - the Pakistani government is not staffed by people from Mars, and in someways the Pakistani security apparatus is the most democratic set of institutions in Pakistan. It has the son of a Mali, Nai, Muzara, Maulvee, Land lord, Pashtun, Punjabi, Muhajir (I do concede that Sindhis and Balochs are poorly represented).

Some very befitting replies!

I also have learned new things about how Pakistanis are treated. I did not know it was that bad. However something to support this is, that in my dealings with Hindus from Bharat and Muslims from Afghanistan is that I am treated better and more respectfully by the Hindus even though we have grave differences as compared with my Muslim Afghan brothers. (Of course I do not mean every time but on the whole).

I also have learned new things about how Pakistanis are treated. I did not know it was that bad. .

Just a quick note -- yes there were things that after having lived in the first world (USA) one would find intolerable -- but this is not the norm of every day life in Saudi Arabia. For every despicable incident there are tens of thousands of incidents of kindness, fun and hospitality of Saudis towards Pakistanis. When the Saudis are as educated as say the Americans are, I'm sure they won't allow for such discriminatory practices. Overall: living in Saudi Arabia was a very magical childhood -- yes we didn't have all the facilities and privileges that a Saudi or say a Lebanese might have or be entitled to but the world is not a fair place. One cannot overlook the good because of the bad and for overwhelming majority of Pakistanis in Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia was a welcoming, safe and comfortable home.

Pakistan has delayed at country's economic burden, these thankless Two and a half million Afghan refugees living in Pakistan, how could these lived in Pakistan for three decades without papers, what a cost, & suffering Pakistan had to bear, they should be deported like water opened up from a closed dam.

There must be a quick way to deport or kick these Afghans out of Pakistan and permanently block the border. Pakistan is not a cash cow for Afghanis, Pakistan is not a job grab economic loot for these Afghanis, Pakistan is not a haven for Afghan terrorists, Pakistan is not a place for drug smuggling and bach bazi. Pakistan has a level, we cannot be compared like if UK cannot be compared to Zimbabweans.

A tough decision but a decision has to be made, it has cost us enormous economically and financially, and what in return do Pakistanis get, what have these namak haram Afghanis good for. What resource they provide anyway.

Now Afghanistan has no occupying forces, or WAR so why are these Afghans not returning? I heard Afghan currency is even better than Pakistani Rupee.

No matter how much I am against Afghans, i don't support uprooting them so abruptly.
There has to be other options.

No matter how much I am against Afghans, i don't support uprooting them so abruptly.
There has to be other options.
It has to be this way.

I am happy that Pakistan is finally addressing this situation and I hope Turkey will be the next.

My concern is why the pathan shop owners try to rip us off like jewish ppl do. My sister went to the shop they lowered the price but then they found out my sister is not pathan, and then they try to bump up price but were caught in the act.

About prostitution be careful the old airport, i walked out like in this big square and i saw young tarted up girl with this big bearded smart guy both of them arm locked and she was whistling and blowing kisses. I first thought who is she then i realized she is a prostitute and it is a trap as soon i go with her cops will pounce on me. I walked away.

Thoughts?
We should give Afghanistani refugees Pakistani citizenship. We could use even more human resources for our 250 million+ population.

And we should annex all of Afghanistan eventually Insh'Allah!

We should give Afghanistani refugees Pakistani citizenship. We could use even more human resources for our 250 million+ population.

And we should annex all of Afghanistan eventually Insh'Allah!
1699482641754.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom