What's new

Afghan troops fight insurgents near Pakistan border, 18 killed

karakoram

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
JALALABAD: At least 18 militants were killed in a gun battle in a mountainous district of Afghanistan near Pakistan, police said on Thursday, in the latest fighting in the region since a Taliban massacre of school children in the nearby city of Peshawar late last year.

The operation was in rugged Nangarhar province, where Osama bin Laden once had a base in the Tora Bora cave network and which has been the focus of air strikes in recent months.

Since the Peshawar attack in December, Afghan forces have stepped up operations against a division of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, which claimed responsibility for the school killings and has bases in Afghanistan.

Azrat Hussain Mashriqiwal, a spokesperson for Nangarhar’s police chief, said 26 militants were injured and four captured, including three Pakistani citizens in the fighting that ended on Wednesday.

One Afghan policeman was killed.

During the operation Afghan forces seized a cache of weapons and explosives from the insurgents, Mashriqiwal said.

“If we notice any insurgent activity in any district of Nangarhar, we are ready to launch operations against them,” Mashriqiwal said.

The fighting was in Nazyan district, which borders Pakistan’s tribal areas near Peshawar.

The Afghan Taliban on Wednesday said they had shot down a US Chinook helicopter, killing and wounding dozens of Afghan troops in Nazyan district during “an offensive by the puppet forces”.

The report was denied by US military officials.
Afghan troops fight insurgents near Pakistan border, 18 killed – The Express Tribune

JALALABAD: At least 18 militants were killed in a gun battle in a mountainous district of Afghanistan near Pakistan, police said on Thursday, in the latest fighting in the region since a Taliban massacre of school children in the nearby city of Peshawar late last year.

The operation was in rugged Nangarhar province, where Osama bin Laden once had a base in the Tora Bora cave network and which has been the focus of air strikes in recent months.

Since the Peshawar attack in December, Afghan forces have stepped up operations against a division of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, which claimed responsibility for the school killings and has bases in Afghanistan.

Azrat Hussain Mashriqiwal, a spokesperson for Nangarhar’s police chief, said 26 militants were injured and four captured, including three Pakistani citizens in the fighting that ended on Wednesday.

One Afghan policeman was killed.

During the operation Afghan forces seized a cache of weapons and explosives from the insurgents, Mashriqiwal said.

“If we notice any insurgent activity in any district of Nangarhar, we are ready to launch operations against them,” Mashriqiwal said.

The fighting was in Nazyan district, which borders Pakistan’s tribal areas near Peshawar.

The Afghan Taliban on Wednesday said they had shot down a US Chinook helicopter, killing and wounding dozens of Afghan troops in Nazyan district during “an offensive by the puppet forces”.

The report was denied by US military officials.
Afghan troops fight insurgents near Pakistan border, 18 killed – The Express Tribune

Good news,Pakistan & Afghanistan should cooperate more on this issue

now Ghani is proving his royalty to Pakistan.

Loyalty yaar tabhi kheta hu Desi na piya karo :partay:

theek them all...............and rest in hell
killing our children will not be forgotten and Pakistan army has taken right step to train afghan cadets now talibitches your time on the earth is limited

Good news,Pakistan & Afghanistan should cooperate more on this issue

Loyalty yaar tabhi kheta hu Desi na piya karo :partay:
yes mate royalty you dont know him but i am pakhtun and know him very well. and btw i dont drink desi :D

TTP is also a issue for Afghanistan ... better get rid of them

killing our children will not be forgotten and Pakistan army has taken right step to train afghan cadets now talibitches your time on the earth is limited

yes mate royalty you dont know him but i am pakhtun and know him very well. and btw i dont drink desi :D

Foreign se bhi yeh hota hai kya aaj kall :o::o:
On topic
India & Pakistan should also work together to help Stabilize the Region

Foreign se bhi yeh hota hai kya aaj kall :o::o:
On topic
India & Pakistan should also work together to help Stabilize the Region
if Pakistan and India overcome their habit of bashing each other in every department of life then believe south asia will be heaven on earth but................. may be i am day dreaming :D :D

if Pakistan and India overcome their habit of bashing each other in every department of life then believe south asia will be heaven on earth but................. may be i am day dreaming :D :D

Exactly

It will never happen because Indians are eternally butthurt.

A huge country with most of the worlds poor unable to let go a small chunk of land they are keeping out to just be petty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom