[Afghanistan]-Mattis is out, and Blackwater is back: ‘We are coming’

Sam.

Reaction score
Country
India
Mattis is out, and Blackwater is back: ‘We are coming’
By: Tara Copp   3 hours ago

IKKFLOHQXNALHOXN6KYPHNYOCY.png

Blackwater USA took out a full page ad in the January/February 2019 issue of "Recoil" magazine with the company's logo and a message: "We are coming."
Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis is out.

President Donald Trump is reportedly cutting 7,000 U.S. forces from Afghanistan.

This month, in the January/February print issue of the gun and hunting magazine “Recoil," the former contractor security firm Blackwater USA published a full-page ad, in all black with a simple message: “We are coming.”

Is the Afghan war about to be privatized?

If Blackwater returns, it would be the return of a private security contractor that was banned from Iraq, but re-branded and never really went away. By 2016 Blackwater had been re-branded several times and was known at the time as Constellis Group, when it was purchased by the Apollo Holdings Group. Reuters reported earlier this year that Apollo had put Constellis up for sale, but in June the sale was put on hold.

Blackwater’s founder and former CEO Erik Prince has courted President Donald Trump’s administration since he took office with the idea that the now 17-year Afghan War will never be won by a traditional military campaign. Prince has also argued that the logistical footprint required to support that now multi-trillion dollar endeavor has become too burdensome. Over the summer and into this fall Prince has engaged heavily with the media to promote the privatization; particularly as the Trump administration’s new South Asia Strategy, which was crafted with Mattis, passed the one-year mark.

Prince has no connection to the current Constellis group; if Blackwater does return to operations, it is not clear what, if any tie, Prince would have to the endeavor.

Constellis, which had maintained a footprint at Camp Integrity by the Kabul Airport through its previous iteration as “Academi” has leased land at the facility to hold another 800 personnel, Military Times learned.

Here’s the blueprint for Erik Prince’s $5 billion plan to privatize the Afghanistan war
The U.S. has spent $1 trillion in Afghanistan. The Blackwater founder asks, is it time to try something new?

By: Tara Copp
The news of a leaning on a smaller number of privatized forces, instead of a larger U.S. military footprint — and contracted support for U.S. forces that knew few bounds and at times included coffee shops, base exchanges, restaurants, a hockey rink and local vendor shops — may be welcomed by current U.S. military leadership on the ground. That includes former Joint Special Operations Command chief Army Lt. Gen. Scott Miller, a source familiar with Miller’s approach told Military Times. Miller replaced Gen. John Nicholson as the head of all U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan in September.

In an previous exclusive interview with Military Times, Prince said he would scrap the NATO mission there and replace the estimated 23,000 forces in country with a force of 6,000 contracted personnel and 2,000 active duty special forces.

The potential privatization of the Afghan War was previously dismissed by the White House, and roundly criticized by Mattis, who saw it as a risk to emplace the nation’s national security goals in the hands of contractors.

“When Americans put their nation’s credibility on the line, privatizing it is probably not a wise idea,” Mattis told reporters in August.

But Mattis is out now, one in a series of moves that has surprised most of the Pentagon.

Drastic change would “be more likely” now, one DOD official said.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...-is-out-and-blackwater-is-back-we-are-coming/

@hellfire @Nilgiri @Oldman1 @James Jaevid @Irfan Baloch your views?

Mattis is out, and Blackwater is back: ‘We are coming’
By: Tara Copp   3 hours ago

IKKFLOHQXNALHOXN6KYPHNYOCY.png

Blackwater USA took out a full page ad in the January/February 2019 issue of "Recoil" magazine with the company's logo and a message: "We are coming."
Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis is out.

President Donald Trump is reportedly cutting 7,000 U.S. forces from Afghanistan.

This month, in the January/February print issue of the gun and hunting magazine “Recoil," the former contractor security firm Blackwater USA published a full-page ad, in all black with a simple message: “We are coming.”

Is the Afghan war about to be privatized?

If Blackwater returns, it would be the return of a private security contractor that was banned from Iraq, but re-branded and never really went away. By 2016 Blackwater had been re-branded several times and was known at the time as Constellis Group, when it was purchased by the Apollo Holdings Group. Reuters reported earlier this year that Apollo had put Constellis up for sale, but in June the sale was put on hold.

Blackwater’s founder and former CEO Erik Prince has courted President Donald Trump’s administration since he took office with the idea that the now 17-year Afghan War will never be won by a traditional military campaign. Prince has also argued that the logistical footprint required to support that now multi-trillion dollar endeavor has become too burdensome. Over the summer and into this fall Prince has engaged heavily with the media to promote the privatization; particularly as the Trump administration’s new South Asia Strategy, which was crafted with Mattis, passed the one-year mark.

Prince has no connection to the current Constellis group; if Blackwater does return to operations, it is not clear what, if any tie, Prince would have to the endeavor.

Constellis, which had maintained a footprint at Camp Integrity by the Kabul Airport through its previous iteration as “Academi” has leased land at the facility to hold another 800 personnel, Military Times learned.

Here’s the blueprint for Erik Prince’s $5 billion plan to privatize the Afghanistan war
The U.S. has spent $1 trillion in Afghanistan. The Blackwater founder asks, is it time to try something new?

By: Tara Copp
The news of a leaning on a smaller number of privatized forces, instead of a larger U.S. military footprint — and contracted support for U.S. forces that knew few bounds and at times included coffee shops, base exchanges, restaurants, a hockey rink and local vendor shops — may be welcomed by current U.S. military leadership on the ground. That includes former Joint Special Operations Command chief Army Lt. Gen. Scott Miller, a source familiar with Miller’s approach told Military Times. Miller replaced Gen. John Nicholson as the head of all U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan in September.

In an previous exclusive interview with Military Times, Prince said he would scrap the NATO mission there and replace the estimated 23,000 forces in country with a force of 6,000 contracted personnel and 2,000 active duty special forces.

The potential privatization of the Afghan War was previously dismissed by the White House, and roundly criticized by Mattis, who saw it as a risk to emplace the nation’s national security goals in the hands of contractors.

“When Americans put their nation’s credibility on the line, privatizing it is probably not a wise idea,” Mattis told reporters in August.

But Mattis is out now, one in a series of moves that has surprised most of the Pentagon.

Drastic change would “be more likely” now, one DOD official said.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...-is-out-and-blackwater-is-back-we-are-coming/

@hellfire @Nilgiri @Oldman1 @James Jaevid @Irfan Baloch your views?

What I said elsewhere.

Cheers, Doc

Very unfortunate development. Blackwater is America's ISIS, except none if the usual purveyors of human rights and knights against terrorism will be out to bomb them. It's like letting loose rabid dogs. Without any oversight, it will be the common innocent Afghan who will suffer the most. Without American dollars flowing in, basic living will be a nightmare.

May Allah Help our Muslim brothers against the forces of Kuffar. Aameen.

What I said elsewhere.

Only this time, looking at the climate, the person on top, and the noises, I do not think the dogs of war are being unleashed on the Afghans.

Cheers, Doc

That's because no one cares about collateral damage. Most definitely there will be collateral damage.

That's because no one cares about collateral damage. Most definitely there will be collateral damage.

You missed what I am getting at.

The dogs of war are being unleashed long-term on your country.

Afghanistan will be what it was always envisaged as being.

A launch pad. And staging area.

Cheers, Doc

Some articles worth looking at:

Blackwater plan to outsource Afghan war draws angry response from Kabul

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018...der-Erik-Prince-Afghanistan-war-on-terror-NSC

I Was a Mercenary. Trust Me: Erik Prince’s Plan Is Garbage.
A few thousand military contractors can save Afghanistan? Give me a break.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...-trust-me-erik-princes-plan-is-garbage-215563

Blackwater won't be able to operate successfully in Afghanistan, because they will not be able to gather any intelligence. Thinking that you can fight a war through attrition like Rambo is hilarious.

They are going to begin massacring and butchering normal Afghans. This is exactly what got Blackwater in trouble with the UN in Iraq. Dyncorp, another contractor whose main role in Afghanistan was protecting Karzai, were involved in confirmed cases of sex trafficking and prostitution of women (as young as 12) in Bosnia and Colombia.

Apparently, Trump was so impressed by Blackwater that he believes they can succeed where the US cannot. The owner of Blackwater, Erik Prince (a Naval Academy drop-out), helped Trump significantly during his election, defended him from the Russia accusations, and is a big influence on his policy making.

You missed what I am getting at.

The dogs of war are being unleashed long-term on your country.

Afghanistan will be what it was always envisaged as being.

A launch pad. And staging area.

Cheers, Doc

Actually, you need to reconsider my words. You think we will sit back and let it happen? I am lamenting the innocents lost in the crossfire.

Pakistan is a different country today from the heydays of Musharraf and Zardari. Last time the Americans tried stupidity at Salala, they got a fitting reply in the form of fighter jets lost on ground. Now, without any rules and regulations, it is an open field for us as well. With private contractors, we are no longer bound by the considerations of non-NATO Ally.

Actually, you need to reconsider my words. You think we will sit back and let it happen? I am lamenting the innocents lost in the crossfire.

Pakistan is a different country today from the heydays of Musharraf and Zardari. Last time the Americans tried stupidity at Salala, they got a fitting reply in the form of fighter jets lost on ground. Now, without any rules and regulations, it is an open field for us as well. With private contractors, we are no longer bound by the considerations of non-NATO Ally.

I've never doubted your resolve or ability to fight back bro.

Just voicing my opinion about this development.

Cheers, Doc

@so

I will be rooting for you guys silently. May the stronger prevails!!

We lost the IoK because of our intelligence agency just newly established and foreign intelligence experience was very weak at that time in 1948. But not anymore . do you think after defeating Soviet union, 49 countries NATO forces and now the USA . can blackwater stand and achieve their goal in Afghanistan in front of Taliban?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom