What's new

Afghanistan

Shapur

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
I saw that there were threads about Iran, Turkey and other neighbouring countries so why not add Afghanistan to the list :D. I will post pictures and videos from Afghanistan here. It can be anything, natural scenery, the people, music, art, poetry and what ever I can find. I will keep updating the thread as I fiind more time. All the threads about Afghanistan seems to be about war and terrorism. Let's bring some positivity and the image of the nation behind ruins.

The Flag

afghanistan-flag.jpg

The colour black in the flag represents the time of ignorance (jahiliya) and turmoil.
The colour red represents revolution and the blood of Afghan martyrs to bring about a revolution for a better tomorrow.
The colour green represents Islam and peace.

Basically the colour of the flags represents the journey of the nation from darkness into light.​

Aryan%20Khan%20III.jpg

Aryan Khan

An Afghan martial artist, model, dancer, singer and actor. He was born on March 7, 1980, in Jalalabad in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan, to parents of Pashtun origin.
After graduating from high school he studied taekwondo, traveling in Afghanistan, Pakistan and South Korea. At that time he also became interested in performing in front of the camera, and began acting on PTV in Peshawar.
He received the Best Performance award for a live performance on Beauty and Entertainment Grand Musical Show on Mashriq TV.

nuristani-man.jpg

Nooristani People

The Nooristani people are an ethnic group native to the Nooristan province of Afghanistan. They are related to, but still distinguished from the Kalash of Chitral in Pakistan by their adoption of Islam and territory in Afghanistan.
Interesting note, "Nooristan" literally means "land of light"; while Kafiristan (the name of Nooristan before the people adopted Islam) literally means "land of unbelievers".

Common belief is that the Nooristani people, and the Kalash of Pakistan, are descendants of Alexander's army from centuries ago, when he extended his empire to include South Asia. Thus, this explains their distinctive ethnic features not native to the Afghan-Pak region.

Great pictures Shapur, Afghanistan has a similar landscape to Pakistan it seems. The North (Badakshan, Noristan) are green and mountainous like the adjacent Gilgit Baltistan whilst the South is dry and hilly like Balochistan. How does the west look like? the region around Herat?

Wonderful pics.

Its good to see different images of afghanistan than the usual scenes in newspapers and television.
Thanks Shapur for showing these images to us. The images are very beautiful and peaceful.

May God give afghanistan a long lasting peace, transquility and development. Amen.

What are the main crops seen in fields? Rice?

after looking at the natural beauty of Afghanistan i left with no choice but to say that Afghanistan and Pakistan are twin brothers....Nuristani people are also found in Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom