What's new

After 22 months, exports tumble 24pc in July

Am I seeing this correctly?

The official SBP account says "1) Pakistan’s problems are temporary..."

Our problems are temporary? Are you freaking kidding me?
Well - from a Pakistani thought process it may not be wrong. The problems are temporary because they can be passed onto someone else - one person to another, one political party to another, one long course to another, generations to next generations

Well - from a Pakistani thought process it may not be wrong. The problems are temporary because they can be passed onto someone else - one person to another, one political party to another, one long course to another, generations to next generations

That thought process is perfectly in keeping with the belief that this worldly life is temporary. The real life is in the hereafter.

In the currenct state, Pakistan needs a war in her neighborhood to sustain.
Yei apna kam hai, yei kerty rahaingy. Baqi kama ker khany ki adat tu pehly bhi nahi thi, ab bhi ahi hai.

Salaam
so living on loan for the last 70 years is a temporary problem for them :disagree:

Maybe they mean in the sense that this world is temporary and so are it's problems. :D

Why do you guys specifically target one negative news.

CAD is slowly being brought under control
Rupee is appreciating.
Markets are responding positively.
IMF loan release is imminent.
SA and UAE loans will flow as well once IMF sets the stage.

Yes it is deplorable that exports tanked, but wasn't it obvious that would happen after so much instability and fear mongering.

Even today PTI cultist are like America abu nai drone strike ki wajah sai yai kardiya woh kardiya. Bhai who gives a shit if rupee is strengthening?

There is so much negativity that's being spread by PTI followers on purpose. Pakistan is doing okay with Khan. Things will eventually get better on the economic front when political temperature simmers down..

Why do you guys specifically target one negative news.

CAD is slowly being brought under control
Rupee is appreciating.
Markets are responding positively.
IMF loan release is imminent.
SA and UAE loans will flow as well once IMF sets the stage.

Yes it is deplorable that exports tanked, but wasn't it obvious that would happen after so much instability and fear mongering.

Even today PTI cultist are like America abu nai drone strike ki wajah sai yai kardiya woh kardiya. Bhai who gives a shit if rupee is strengthening?

There is so much negativity that's being spread by PTI followers on purpose. Pakistan is doing okay with Khan. Things will eventually get better on the economic front when political temperature simmers down..
payein, whenever our gdp growth rate slows down , Cad will automatically come down...its not a rocket science...nor something genius that needs to be appreciated!

That thought process is perfectly in keeping with the belief that this worldly life is temporary. The real life is in the hereafter.

Almost sounded like you were giving dawah lol, I can see JUI-F cheering now.

payein, whenever our gdp growth rate slows down , Cad will automatically come down...its not a rocket science...nor something genius that needs to be appreciated!

I have no idea wtf they teaching in Pakistan classrooms these days, I count my blessing I wasn't educated in that shit hole of a school system.

Why do we need an inflated GDP growth? Why does every government overheat the engine while trying to achieve an artificial 6 percent growth.
No one actually expands the tax net and export potential but overheats the economy for political gains.

I have no idea wtf they teaching in Pakistan classrooms these days, I count my blessing I wasn't educated in that shit hole of a school system.
Basic econ principles aren't taught, until you're studying business or something else.

Conveniently ignoring that whatever you do in this world that impacts other humans negatively you will be questioned on in the hereafter

But that is a longer debate on how religion and belief itself is taught and understood in a flawed manner

Bhai who gives a shit if rupee is strengthening?

Famous last words!

To sum up the reply to your comment, I will just say...because the fundamentals haven't changed.

The rupee strenghening, or the rupee weakening for that matter, had nothing to do with fundamentals.

As long as the fundamentals don't change, nothing will change.

You can put a blanket ban on imports and do a press conference that I restricted imports to 20% of their value last month, but that is not an achievement, that's shameful.

No one actually expands the tax net and export potential but overheats the economy for political gains.

True that.

I wish somebody came in who taxed retailers at the actual value of their income and sales through a computerized and digital manner, rather than having a blanket fixed tax based on electricity usage just so they can keep their voter base happy!

The SBP means to say that the immediate BoP crisis and the sharp PKR slide is temporary. SBP's statement is predicated with the assumption that IMF deal will go through before the EFF's expiry in October. When the IMF board approval is secured, other lenders will typically defer or restructure their loans. This will release the pressure on PKR.

The SBP cannot guarantee that Pakistan will resolve the BoP situation once and for all. That would depend on how the people of Pakistan manage to elevate their per capita productivity to match with their collective consumption of goods and services. :coffee:

Why do we need an inflated GDP growth? Why does every government overheat the engine while trying to achieve an artificial 6 percent growth.
Well simply because the opposition keeps on saying gdp growth rate is too low, too much pressure and the govt cracks. there is no long term planning here!

Back
Top Bottom