What's new

After College

rastor

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to know what kind of professions pakistanis go into after college (especially engineering). In India the vast majority of engineering graduates usually go for a career in the software industry (services). Though there are many who go for career in Mechanical/Civil companies like TATA. Some of the better Tier-1 graduates end up with some of the better companies (like say Microsoft ...) or go for pursuing post-graduation in the US/UK.

I have heard that while pakistan has an active software industry it has still has not taken off on the outsourcing front (which is where India derives a lot of revenue). Terrorism seems to have an impact on emigration to US/UK, for I read a report about visa problem and pakistan not realizing the full potential in sending its young for post-graduation abroad. Has terrorism affected your prospects in pursuing higher education in US/UK?

So what careers do pakistani engineering graduates choose? What are your "dream companies"? Is the concept of "campus placement" popular in pakistan?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom