What's new

After indonesia, who's next in BRICS?

If not Malaysia any other choices ?

indonesia and nigeria, i would say. malaysia is a fast growing economy, but noone expects them to be big in the future, and they r not rich in resources. while nigeria has a strong case due to high population, 8.5 growth and africa is all set to takover as the fastest growing region after asia(20 yrs later maybe). mexico is us ally, i dont want them to be in the group although they deserve to.

indonesia and nigeria, i would say. malaysia is a fast growing economy, but noone expects them to be big in the future, and they r not rich in resources. while nigeria has a strong case due to high population, 8.5 growth and africa is all set to takover as the fastest growing region after asia(20 yrs later maybe). mexico is us ally, i dont want them to be in the group although they deserve to.

Thanks. :tup:, through malaysia has been pretty impressive.

Thanks. :tup:, through malaysia has been pretty impressive.

Malaysia is a small economy, I don't its influence is large enough to guarantee a position in BRICS.

We are torn by the war, but once the war ends, Pakistan will be growing faster than many other emerging nations.

I think BRICS will need a new name.

Definitely, a new name it must. Here you are trying to set up some kind currency to balance the US dollar and yet you are using a stupid acronym that was coined by the intentional target. Besides that acronym lack the flexibilities for changes and the new comers would feel they are below the original 5 countries because their initials are not represented.

The name lacks both legitimacy and prestige and sounds passive.

with inclusion of Pakistan it can be prics (pricks) :D

You wanna kick out Brazil the only South American country on the list??? They will not be happy.

I say rather than going and making names the countries should take a more active role in promoting business between each other. As of now the BRICS has done little to nothing.

with inclusion of Pakistan it can be prics (pricks) :D

loll they dont have a chance. they need to show that they can maintain a growth rate above 7% for over 2 decades and have a stable govt. the wars going on is hurting their economy. no one will invest there.

Definitely, a new name it must. Here you are trying to set up some kind currency to balance the US dollar and yet you are using a stupid acronym that was coined by the intentional target. Besides that acronym lack the flexibilities for changes and the new comers would feel they are below the original 5 countries because their initials are not represented.

The name lacks both legitimacy and prestige and sounds passive.

point to be noted mylord!!!:agree:

Primary criterion used by Jim O'Neill of Goldman Sachs for membership in BRIC & N11 is the size of the population. By population, Pakistan comes next after Indonesia.

Cropped%2BGrowth%2BMap.jpg

N11%2BGES.jpg

Haq's Musings: Pakistan on Goldman's BRIC+ N11 Growth Map

There should be some ME nation like SA .. they are doing excellent and they are big trading partners with India and China.
This way even middle east will get their representation , with their inclusion we will have country from every region of world , where G7 represent mostly western interest and ideas.
I don't care with name, I care for equal distribution of resources and freedom to do trade in own currency.

Answering a reporter's question about the growth prospects of GCC (oil-rich nations of Gulf Cooperation Council) at a recent investment conference in Dubai, Jim O'Neill said: "Some GCC countries are well placed to be hubs for the BRIC and N-11-influenced world. I often think of Dubai as a kind of N-11 center, even the capital of the N-11 world, given its business adjacency to Egypt, Pakistan, Iran, Turkey, and, of course, India and Russia."

Even the biggest GCC country, Saudi Arabia, with its population of an estimated 25 million, is not a candidate for the lists currently, mainly because it lacks the basic criterion of having an economy that is more than 1 per cent of global GDP, Mr O'Neill argued.

Haq's Musings: Pakistan on Goldman's BRIC+ N11 Growth Map

I don't understand why South Africa is in BRIC. There are far better candidates like Mexico or Indonesia.

Goldman Sachs' Jim O'Neill has not included South Africa on his growth map of BRIC+N11. The only two countries from Africa included in GS growth map are Egypt and Nigeria.

Back
Top Bottom