What's new

Aga Khan Speaks Out As Pakistan's Ismaili Shiites Reel From First Major Attack Against Community

Is it time for shiites in Pakistan to pack their bags and leave?

• Yes

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 54 65.9%
  • For limited duration until the war on terror is finished

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Its easy to call them criminals when you are not effected by this ideology and have not lost anyone in your extended family to this sectarian violence. Instead of simply offering condolences , it would be wise to look at the deeper ideology that is rooted in this heinous violence and I am sure you will be able to connect the dots to the Wahhabi inspired movement. No muslim is safe from this ideology and it is naive if you want to close your eyes to this.

I am honestly tired with your attitude....If I wanted to close my eyes I have a few questions to offend any Shia / Ismaili...but by me asking even 1 question I will be labelled from any of your 1000 labels in hand but it is fine for the other side to raise a million and 1 doubts + questions and call the other blind (closed eye).....

So please spare me the preaching which paints everyone who dont agree with you under 1 title (which the taliban also do...those who dont believe them are called kafir for you they are called Wahabi )

Every action has a motivation behind it and not considering that motivation in your analysis does not give you the full picture but rather an incomplete picture.
I try not to relate my personal experience in loss of anyone with my ability to analyze something and like I said before I have no dying need to paint everyone with the same brush!

I am honestly tired with your attitude....If I wanted to close my eyes I have a few questions to offend any Shia / Ismaili...but by me asking even 1 question I will be labelled from any of your 1000 labels in hand but it is fine for the other side to raise a million and 1 doubts + questions and call the other blind (closed eye).....

So please spare me the preaching which paints everyone who dont agree with you under 1 title (which the taliban also do...those who dont believe them are called kafir for you they are called Wahabi )

You can criticize a theological school of thought as part of a critical conversation but here we are not talking about theology but rather a political ideology coated in religion. Here is the introduction from the article that i posted last year:

The concept of “takfir,” which militants use to judge a Muslim as a “non-believer,” hence exacting the punishment of death for apostasy, serves as the justification for killing civilians. This study analyzes the Salafi/Wahhabi source of inspiration for the diffusion of intra-Islamic terrorism, and the implications for security in the Middle East and South Asia. This study posits that the primary source of the export of Salafi/Wahhabi ideology is Saudi Arabia, in the context of competing against Iran’s Shi’a ideology. The 2011 Arab Awakening in the Middle East and North Africa has also empowered some Salafists, who are asserting themselves in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, and elsewhere. Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), as well as affiliated groups throughout the region adhere to the “takfiri” ideology that targets fellow Muslims. Therefore, this study exposes the dangers of the global export of Salafi/Wahhabi ideology.

for more info visit the thread: THE DIFFUSION OF INTRA-ISLAMIC VIOLENCE AND TERRORISM: THE IMPACT OF THE PROLIFERATION OF SALAFI/WAH

The concept of “takfir,” which militants
then call them militants just coz they are using Arabic words to describe what they do.....doesnt mean it is part of Islam or is something Sunnis all over the world indulge in!
This study posits that the primary source of the export of Salafi/Wahhabi ideology is Saudi Arabia, in the context of competing against Iran’s Shi’a ideology.
Yea their war and we for unknown reasons are just falling in...It is bad enough there are some nutjobs out there to kill anyone who says I dont agree ....it is worse that there are people like you and @Hyperion who say the same and yet wanna be differentiated from the very ideology you guys hate....How do we differentiate you? These people cluster people based on ideology and you lot are doing EXACTLY the same! How are you different?

First of all, I'm absolutely handsome, and look NOTHING like them! :D

pakistani-political-terrorist-council.jpg

How are you different?

then call them militants just coz they are using Arabic words to describe what they do.....doesnt mean it is part of Islam or is something Sunnis all over the world indulge in!

Yea their war and we for unknown reasons are just falling in...It is bad enough there are some nutjobs out there to kill anyone who says I dont agree ....it is worse that there are people like you and @Hyperion who say the same and yet wanna be differentiated from the very ideology you guys hate....How do we differentiate you? These people cluster people based on ideology and you lot are doing EXACTLY the same! How are you different?

merci beaucoup mademoiselle, this is the point that i often get from apologist alot although in Pakistan's context, i would likely be considered a liberal although i am a canadian conservative ;). The difference is that we do not kill people based on their creeds rather voice our opinion through freedom of speech. While these folks murder anyone that disagrees with their agenda and again I am only pointing after a certain strain of ideology not the whole unless you also identify with this movement but that is very unlikely. Last year remember before ISIS imploded, i warned you about this ideology and now looking at middle east and all the terror events that have occurred in europe. Its easy to sit back and just call them criminals while the ideology is flourishing in the local madrassas but hey lets simply close our eyes and not identify the tumor that is effecting society.

There were many reasons I posted that picture....one was obvious, others weren't....... you are not aware of the personalities in that particular picture, those people combined are responsible for thousands upon thousands of sectarian deaths...... and unfortunately for you, none of them belong to any minority, rather one particular sect..... hush hush....... should I say it?

Totally irreleveant, our billo rani is also beautiful yet the upper floor is empty :coffee:

A related fact:

Aga Khan is a title that was bestowed upon Hasan Ali Shah by British. Members are free to google.

Was curious, so just checked Wiki. You're wrong it seems:

Wikipedia said:
...The Imam Hasan Ali Shah's mother decided to go to the Qajar court in Tehran to obtain justice for her husband's death and was eventually successful. Those who had been involved in the Shah Khalil Allah's murder were punished and the Persian king Fath Ali Shah increased Hasan Ali Shah's land holdings in the Mahallat region and gave him one of his daughters, Sarv-i Jahan Khanum, in marriage. Fath Ali Shah also appointed Hasan Ali Shah as governor of Qumm and bestowed upon him the honorific of Aga Khan. Hasan Ali Shah thus become known as Aga Khan Mahallati, and the title of Aga Khan was inherited by his successors. Aga Khan I's mother later moved to India where she died in 1851. Until Fath Ali Shah's death in 1834, the Imam Hasan Ali Shah enjoyed a quiet life and was held in high esteem at the Qajar court.[1]

What a stupid question when we all know very well that india is trying very desperately to create unrest in Pakistan We should now start bombing and killing hindu extremists in indian hindu temples to start ethnic violence in india..

rtr2ehrj.jpg

Pakistan’s Ismaili Shiite community is reeling from an attack Wednesday by gunmen that left at least 46 members of the religious minority dead in Karachi. The violence is the first of its kind directed at the community amid escalating militant threats against the predominantly Sunni Muslim country’s religious minorities, and was condemned by leaders including the Ismaili spiritual head, the Aga Khan.

The Aga Khan expressed his shock and sadness about the attack on Wednesday, condemning it as a “senseless act of violence against a peaceful community.” The attack was claimed by a splinter group of the Pakistani Taliban known as Jundallah, which pledged allegiance to the Islamic State late last year.

"These killed people were Ismaili, and we consider them kafir (non-Muslim),” Jundallah spokesman Ahmed Marwat told Reuters. Gunmen on motorcycles reportedly boarded a commuter bus carrying around 60 Ismailis and, according to witness accounts, fired indiscriminately into the crowd.

Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has also condemned the violence, drawing attention to the contributions of the Ismaili minority. "This is a very patriotic and peaceful people who have always worked for the well-being of Pakistan," he said.

The estimated 15 million-strong Ismaili Muslim community is a subset of Shiism, one of the two major branches of Islam. Ismailis live in more than 25 different countries, primarily in South and Central Asian nations like Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran, though there are also significant communities in the United States, Canada and Britain.

Like other Shiites, Ismailis revere the Prophet Muhammad’s son-in-law Ali as his rightful successor but they follow a line of religious leaders from Imam Ismail in the eighth century. The current Aga Khan, Prince Karim Aga Khan, is believed to be a direct descendant of the prophet and is the 49th imam in the Ismaili succession. The Aga Khan is also well known as a philanthropist and business magnate with an estimated net worth of $800 million.

The Ismaili leader’s generous contribution of development funding to the Pakistani government means the Karachi attack is likely to cause some diplomatic tensions for Pakistan’s leaders, according to the BBC. Both the prime minister and the army chief have set aside other commitments to head to Karachi.

While Ismailis make up a small proportion of the worldwide Muslim population, they have distinguished themselves by developing social welfare programs, including building of educational institutions in their communities of residence. Despite the community’s apolitical stance, it has nonetheless been subject to turmoil in the countries they’ve resided in, including in Uganda, where they were expelled along with other South Asians in the 1970s by dictator Idi Amin. The Aga Khan played an instrumental role in resettling the community.
Aga Khan Speaks Out As Pakistan's Ismaili Shiites Reel From First Major Attack Against Community

The difference is that we do not kill people based on their creeds rather voice our opinion through freedom of speech.
Neither are ALL wahabi/salafi whatever they wanna call themselves...

Just like small sections of everything are rotten apples....liberal/ conservative have also killed shall we paint all with the same brush?

Freedom of speech have been so often misused by sooo many liberal and conservative shall we call them all abusers of freedom of speech?

While these folks murder anyone that disagrees with their agenda and again I am only pointing after a certain strain of ideology not the whole unless you also identify with this movement but that is very unlikely.
I identify with Muslim as a deen ....but I find it dangerous to make sweeping remarks of communities and groups formed on whatever basis!

ast year remember before ISIS imploded, i warned you about this ideology and now looking at middle east and all the terror events that have occurred in europe. Its easy to sit back and just call them criminals while the ideology is flourishing in the local madrassas but hey lets simply close our eyes and not identify the tumor that is effecting society.
UNTIL AND UNLESS all and every single person from that group is a murderer which is HIGHLY unlikely coz many everyday Saudi would call themselves Wahabi coz in their context it doesnt equate to taliban/ ISIS (coz for many these people dont even have a religion) while everyday Irani call themselves Shia and dont automatically equate themselves to Hezbollah or whatever....

I am horrible disgusted with people satisfied with sweeping remarks and labels...You wanna be labeled fine stick the sticker on your head....But quit doing it to other people coz not everything is THAT simple wish it were ...that way you could just read terrorist and kill the person

at this time we need emotional and irrational idiots like you to make it easy for india in achieving what it is trying to achieve by this terrorist activities.

One by one, ALL minorities, that are not Wahabi/Salafi/Deobandi will be slaughtered. Then and only then will the promised 'pure' land of 1973 constitution, shall be complete. This is not the Pakistan Quaid promised, rather what the sheikhs of Arabia promised our rulers.

Welcome to Pakistan 786.02!

Very simplistic thought pattern......... scapegoating are we?

What a stupid question when we all know very well that india is trying very desperately to create unrest in Pakistan We should now start bombing and killing hindu extremists in indian hindu temples to start ethnic violence in india..

and unfortunately for you, none of them belong to any minority, rather one particular sect.....
Then wipe them out....If thee is a true Muslim then you would know Quran clearly tells us NO ONE will be responsible for each's deed not even a father for his son's and vice versa!

We should now start bombing and killing hindu extremists in indian hindu temples to start ethnic violence in india..
I am hoping this was supposed to be a question and not a sweeping statement :unsure: Should we ....

Back
Top Bottom