What's new

Agni-III missile test-fired successfully today on 23rd December 2013

ptltejas

Reaction score
Country
India
Agni-III missile test-fired successfully

India on Monday successfully test-fired nuclear weapons capable Agni-III surface-to-surface ballistic missile for its full range of little over 3,000 km from the Wheeler island, off the Odisha coast.

As part of user training, the two-stage, solid propelled missile was fired from a rail mobile launcher by the personnel of Strategic Forces Command at 4.58 p.m. after the weapon system was picked up randomly from the production lot.

This was the sixth trial of Agni-III and the fifth consecutive success with the users conducting two of them.

According to V.G.Sekaran, Director-General (Missiles and Strategic Systems), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the mission was a "great success" and showed that the whole system has matured. Stating that it was a text-book launch, he said the missile closed in on the pre-designated target point in the Bay of Bengal and the accuracy was in the range of 100-200 metres.

The missile reached an altitude of 380 km and withstood searing temperatures as it re-entered the atmosphere and impacted the target point after flying for about 800 seconds.

The entire performance of the missile was tracked in real time by radars, telemetry stations and electro-optical network along the coast and the terminal event was recorded by two down range ships near the target point.

Equipped with an indigenously-built advanced navigation system to ensure high degree of accuracy, Agni-III has already been inducted into the services and is capable of carrying a payload of 1.5 tonnes to distance of 3,000 km.

Avinash Chander, Scientific advisor to Defence Minister and Director General, DRDO, was among those who witnessed the launch.

Agni-III missile test-fired successfully - The Hindu

Ahh so thats what woke the missus up !! Am holidaying in Chandipore now. Damn missed the launch by a whisker :cry:.

china's dong feng missile carries 14800 kgs of fuel and hits a target 12000 kms away, Agni 3 carries 48000 kgs of fuel and has range of 3500 kms? whats the logic? i think govt is deliberately hiding its true range

china's dong feng missile carries 14800 kgs of fuel and hits a target 12000 kms away, Agni 3 carries 48000 kgs of fuel and has range of 3500 kms? whats the logic? i think govt is deliberately hiding its true range
Why do you think that?

Agni-III is an intermediate-range ballistic missile developed by India as the successor to Agni-II.It has a range of 3,500 km- 5,000 km, and is capable of engaging targets deep inside neighbouring countries.The missile’s Circular error probable (CEP) is within 40 meters range, which makes it the most sophisticated and accurate ballistic missile of its range class in the world.

Numb-nut Agni 3 carriers 1.5 Ton Gift pack where has DF-41 carries 2500Kgs Both are for Different roles..................

A little background study wont really hurt much. The gross weight of Agni III is 48,000 kilos.
Agni-3 | Missile ThreatMissile Threat

No a different note buddy, your profile pic is a wee bit provocative.
No civil society condones genocide ... hope you get my drift.

cheers

mate perhaps even antony could not know the actual range on A3.

Back
Top Bottom