What's new

Agni-V to be test-fired from a canister

Would it be with MIRV this time?

Unlikely, to have MIRVs scientists would have to test warhead design. Not testing warhead is like putting AESA to fighter but never testing if it actually works, or like buying air-to-air missiles what no one has never tested.... testing helps to make sure that design works in real life.

India would probably face a huge PR backlash if it tested nuclear weapons.

ICBMs are useless
tell me any example when a country fires this type of weapon on others
its wastage of money

:blah:

No country have fired ICBM that's why ur breathing in the air otherwise this world could have come to an end. :eek:

And no country have fired ICBM is a proof that how deadly and deterrent they are. :smokin:

Unlikely, to have MIRVs scientists would have to test warhead design. Not testing warhead is like putting AESA to fighter but never testing if it actually works, or like buying air-to-air missiles what no one has never tested.... testing helps to make sure that design works in real life.

wtf i didn t know that the mirv test are done with nuclear warhead:what:

I hope A5 should be converted into SLBM. thats why this is I think

"We are getting ready with two different types of canisters in which the missile can be placed and test fired.

Wasn't the original agni V launched from a mobile launcher ?

Rail mobile launcher, now they want road mobile launcher.

So basically a mobile launcher?

A road mobile canister launcher with MIRV. :smokin:

Does this guy live in 20th century?

Son, we are working on powerplant that will generate electricity from thermonuclear reactions. Making a bomb is 10000000 times easier.

Its like asking Tata to make a cycle! :rofl:

bro lots of news and threads are there, you better go to the agni-5 thread. :)

Dude I have already gone through them but could not fine concrete hard news that next will be MIRV, there is confirmation of canister launched though. :cry:

wtf i didn t know that the mirv test are done with nuclear warhead:what:

US and other countries didn't test warheads just for fun.

MIRV is only a "bus" what delivers warhead to it's target, India can have MIRV technology but does India have miniaturized nuclear warheads? Two completely different things.

I don't think MIRV ,evenif tested, will be disclosed to media. India will not and should not accept the capability of MIRV till it test and induct 10000km range missile.
Canister launch is old news.

Dude I have already gone through them but could not fine concrete hard news that next will be MIRV, there is confirmation of canister launched though. :cry:
No intention to cap missile plan
India test fires ICBM Agni V | India, Missile, Agni, Test, Icbm, Range, Intercontinental, Warhead, Missiles, Targets | India News Information
Actually it has been confirmed for a while that Agni 5 will have MIRV......:victory:

No intention to cap missile plan
India test fires ICBM Agni V | India, Missile, Agni, Test, Icbm, Range, Intercontinental, Warhead, Missiles, Targets | India News Information
Actually it has been confirmed for a while that Agni 5 will have MIRV......:victory:

I should think that computer stimulated tests are enough for now....

yes

this canister will be placed on TATRA TEL as sources tell

but i hope we can buy MZKT-79221 "Universal" TEL from Russia for Agni 5 as it is more suitable for all terrain

Need not be(the next test), Canisters are for making the missile mobile and to reduce the maintenance and increase the deployment and readiness levels

ICBMs are useless
tell me any example when a country fires this type of weapon on others
its wastage of money

See you have a enemy called India for which you have sufficient deterrence but not India, we need a second strike option.. and ICBM Agni V gives us that a deterrent, to make it even difficult for some countries to try that path..

Yes. Specially for road-mobility. The test was conducted from a rail launcher.

and long deployment periods!

US and other countries didn't test warheads just for fun.

MIRV is only a "bus" what delivers warhead to it's target, India can have MIRV technology but does India have miniaturized nuclear warheads? Two completely different things.
Yes, but we conducted last nuclear tests back in 1998 so there is no doubt that we have been working. The exact reason not to sign NPT and CTBT is that someday we will.. :)

Back
Top Bottom