What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, it was a good missile? Any replacement?

Not that I know off. Army has loaded up on the anza 2 as their SAM. They would love to land their hands on some more stingers.

Apaches are war tested, which is superior to any other attack heli in US inventory.
both have their pros and cons
Viper have superior speed, agility and weapon carrying capability with is 16 Hellfire+2 sidewinders on wingtips (while apache can carry 16 Hellfire and for A2A apache need to lose its hard points; ) ...Viper have sidewinder while apache carrying capability is limited to stingers

More Viper have option of carrying longbow radar and avionics that are similar to apache especially the topowl HMD (which is built for F16 block 40)

Apache have better range over viper

both have their pros and cons
Viper have superior speed, agility and weapon carrying capability with is 16 Hellfire+2 sidewinders on wingtips (while apache can carry 16 Hellfire and for A2A apache need to lose its hard points; ) ...Viper have sidewinder while apache carrying capability is limited to stingers

More Viper have option of carrying longbow radar and avionics that are similar to apache especially the topowl HMD (which is built for F16 block 40)

Apache have better range over viper
Thanks for your input.

Btw found this on Y answers. It's helpful too. He's a former pilot.

"The Viper is an upgraded Super Cobra. The Marine Corps has been flying the Super Cobra for years while the Army flies the Apache. You need to understand that size means a lot to the Marine Corps because it fights from ships; smaller is better.
So, the Apache may be the better aircraft for the Army while the Viper is better for the Marines. The Viper has larger engines to pull the four rotor blades compared to the Super Cobra's two rotor blades.

presenting a smaller target, faster, and greater rate of climb resulting in better maneuverability than the Apache.

They are basically, equal aircraft with the Viper meeting the Marine Corps requirements better. Because of size they can put more Vipers in the same space aboard ship.

--@Hayley, The Viper is the newer of
To compare the Viper to the Apache, both carry the same weapons load. The Apache has a greater fuel consumption but, has more fuel capacity so, it still has better range than the Viper. The Viper is smaller
, the two. Yes, the Army replaced the Cobra with the Apache while the Marine Corps kept buying newer Cobras with newer electronics and better capability. The Viper is the latest of a long line of Cobras and have only been in service for a year or so. The Apache has been around for at least a couple of decades.

per Cobra to the Viper were more rotor blades and larger engines to pull them and two additional weapons stations. I believe the Cobra was first to get air-to-air capabilities but, some of the Apaches have been upgraded for it.

@ Gunny T, my first helo ride was on a CH-46. The Corps still has a few beating the air into submission but, alas, I'm afraid the beloved Phrog won't be around much longer.

I think it was "Apache Pilot" who said a helicopter is a mass of metal rotating around an oil leak, does that mean a Phrog is a mass of m
-- No problem, Hayley. The Viper is a new four-bladed Cobra, the AH-1Z. I think the last Apaches were delivered to the Army in 2007 and the Apaches are getting electronics upgrades with the same equipment, like targeting systems, as the Cobra Viper. So, they are very much equivalent. The big changes from the S
uetal rotating around two oil leaks?"

Thanks for your input.

Btw found this on Y answers. It's helpful too. He's a former pilot.

"The Viper is an upgraded Super Cobra. The Marine Corps has been flying the Super Cobra for years while the Army flies the Apache. You need to understand that size means a lot to the Marine Corps because it fights from ships; smaller is better.
So, the Apache may be the better aircraft for the Army while the Viper is better for the Marines. The Viper has larger engines to pull the four rotor blades compared to the Super Cobra's two rotor blades.

presenting a smaller target, faster, and greater rate of climb resulting in better maneuverability than the Apache.

They are basically, equal aircraft with the Viper meeting the Marine Corps requirements better. Because of size they can put more Vipers in the same space aboard ship.

--@Hayley, The Viper is the newer of
To compare the Viper to the Apache, both carry the same weapons load. The Apache has a greater fuel consumption but, has more fuel capacity so, it still has better range than the Viper. The Viper is smaller
, the two. Yes, the Army replaced the Cobra with the Apache while the Marine Corps kept buying newer Cobras with newer electronics and better capability. The Viper is the latest of a long line of Cobras and have only been in service for a year or so. The Apache has been around for at least a couple of decades.

per Cobra to the Viper were more rotor blades and larger engines to pull them and two additional weapons stations. I believe the Cobra was first to get air-to-air capabilities but, some of the Apaches have been upgraded for it.

@ Gunny T, my first helo ride was on a CH-46. The Corps still has a few beating the air into submission but, alas, I'm afraid the beloved Phrog won't be around much longer.

I think it was "Apache Pilot" who said a helicopter is a mass of metal rotating around an oil leak, does that mean a Phrog is a mass of m
-- No problem, Hayley. The Viper is a new four-bladed Cobra, the AH-1Z. I think the last Apaches were delivered to the Army in 2007 and the Apaches are getting electronics upgrades with the same equipment, like targeting systems, as the Cobra Viper. So, they are very much equivalent. The big changes from the S
uetal rotating around two oil leaks?"

thanks for sharing ... he also described that both are very much equivalent
both posses certain adv and dis adv opn each other ... PAA should go for either one of them and that is AH1Z that have been offered

Can you ever come up with any good news ? :mad:
Yeah how about joint production og FM-90 to be started In 2017. Just found out by an air defence officer .
P.S. pictures to be uploaded by this Saturday;)

Yeah how about joint production og FM-90 to be started In 2017. Just found out by an air defence officer .
P.S. pictures to be uploaded by this Saturday;)
FM90 B have been procured by air defence .... and there is no contract about Joint production about that

^^ Actually Pakistan Vipers will not have longbow radars unlike Apache AH-64E.
Also they will be armed with AGM-114R-3 and not the more advanced fire and forget AGM-114L3 plus they will be fitted with the less powerful 401c engine instead of 701D engine.

And the point is that these will STILL kick the sheeet out of inbound mechanized divisions and columns with great accuracy. These will be used against terrorists and India (in case of a war), not Star Wars Alien Ships with Lasers on them. If you ask your military planners as to why they seriously objected to this sale, you'll know the seriously scary answer.

A THOUSAND Hellfire (emphasis on "HELL" and then "Fire" please) will literally create Hellfire on anything built out of metal upon contact. Somehow, your generals knew it very well and objected to this sale like crazy, compared to your own comprehension!!!

^^ Actually Pakistan Vipers will not have longbow radars unlike Apache AH-64E.
Also they will be armed with AGM-114R-3 and not the more advanced fire and forget AGM-114L3 plus they will be fitted with the less powerful 401c engine instead of 701D engine.
Disproven before. Please take your low life troll butt and not comment on it anymore.

And the point is that these will STILL kick the sheeet out of inbound mechanized divisions and columns with great accuracy. These will be used against terrorists and India (in case of a war), not Star Wars Alien Ships with Lasers on them. If you ask your military planners as to why they seriously objected to this sale, you'll know the seriously scary answer.

A THOUSAND Hellfire (emphasis on "HELL" and then "Fire" please) will literally create Hellfire on anything built out of metal upon contact. Somehow, your generals knew it very well and objected to this sale like crazy, compared to your own comprehension!!!
Sir,
I wanted to know what advantage does having an air to air missile in a Heli accomplish if it is known that these are never going to fight against an other heli?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom