What's new

AH-1Z Viper Attack Helicopters Spotted in Amarillo, Texas, With Blacked Out Pakistan Markings

The only reason i want these Choppers ASAP, is so we can roast these TTP , BLA and JuA stooges who are up to disrupt the Afghan/Pakistan peace .
There is no need for that. You will see progressive quietening of most resistence as the supplies get chocked. The army has played it very wisely in the Tribal belt and as soon as we can start rehabilitation work we will bein the good books of the local people. The best thing is the fencing which in my view should have been done in the early 2000s irrespective of who paid for it. Thissingular step has decreased terrorist activity from unmanageable to miniscule. What ever resistance is left over will pass in to the past.
A

There is no need for that. You will see progressive quietening of most resistence as the supplies get chocked. The army has played it very wisely in the Tribal belt and as soon as we can start rehabilitation work we will bein the good books of the local people. The best thing is the fencing which in my view should have been done in the early 2000s irrespective of who paid for it. Thissingular step has decreased terrorist activity from unmanageable to miniscule. What ever resistance is left over will pass in to the past.
A
Sir my comment was about cross border attack , we have sacrifice a lot of soldiers in cross border attacks and we hardly can provide them proper air cover when they come under attack . We need attack helicopters and drones for not just close air support but also follow them across the border and smoke them .

Sir my comment was about cross border attack , we have sacrifice a lot of soldiers in cross border attacks and we hardly can provide them proper air cover when they come under attack . We need attack helicopters and drones for not just close air support but also follow them across the border and smoke them .
You cannot just enter a country to chase culprits. You will need to have helo support near by for it to arrive in time and most terrorist attacks dont last very long especially in the city. An ambush on the other hand can be dealt with by Helos. This remains my view point.
With the fences cross border terrorist attacks should reduce in any case. However local miscreants may launch atrack on the defence personnel. They will need investigations and neutralisation.
A

Last edited:
You cannot just enter a country to chase culprits. You will need to have helo support near by for it to arrive kn time and most terrorist attacks dont last very long especially in the city. An ambush on the other hand can be dealt with by Helos. This remains my view point.
With the fences cross border terrorist attacks should reduce in any case. However local miscreants may launch atrack on the defence personnel. They will need investigations and neutralisation.
A

Araz bhai, we have done cross border raids many times, including Artillery strikes and actually sending SSG to take out high profile Terrorists. Yes Ambushes that happen inside our own Territory is a different matter and there are different ways to deal with them but recent attack was a cross border attack on a patrolling party , we need to give our soldiers better Armored vehicles and Attack helicopters on stand-by 24/7 , how long we will see young energetic and talented soldiers die in cross border raids without any backup ? and I am sure nobody will mind if our choppers cross into Afghanistan few KM for chasing Terrorists . Afghanistan is a lawless land anyway

Araz bhai, we have done cross border raids many times, including Artillery strikes and actually sending SSG to take out high profile Terrorists. Yes Ambushes that happen inside our own Territory is a different matter and there are different ways to deal with them but recent attack was a cross border attack on a patrolling party , we need to give our soldiers better Armored vehicles and Attack helicopters on stand-by 24/7 , how long we will see young energetic and talented soldiers die in cross border raids without any backup ? and I am sure nobody will mind if our choppers cross into Afghanistan few KM for chasing Terrorists . Afghanistan is a lawless land anyway
Giving MRAPs/better armor protection is not the issue here. There is only so much trafficability in these areas. In Afghanistan, the ISAF uses such vehicles for transportation from one base to an outpost. They do local patrolling around their outposts mostly but rarely venture deep and far from their posts in very mountainous areas. In our case, yes we have a limitation with the numbers needed but in very many areas in the FATA, these vehicles cannot operate in the terrain and our fighting patrols on foot have to go out in this very same terrain.

You either have to go out on foot or sit in your posts hunkered down waiting to be attacked.

For incidents where the terrorists ambush troops on roads etc., I agree that better protection needs to be provided not only to the Army, but also FC.

You also have to keep in mind that if Pakistan flouts International law by going into Afghanistan then ISAF too will try to do similar things. The risks outweigh the benefits for Pakistan in this case. Its a tough situation but its the same case on all sides.

Any Update on the AH-1Z after the latest Trump-Khan meeting at the UNGA?

Mullah Baradar’s team’s here. Let’s see if there’s some progress. If there is then the gunships might start coming otherwise we’ll have to pay for the entire lot ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom