What's new

Ahmad Shah Abdali (Baba)

Watani

Reaction score
Just a while ago I was going through some links and videos about founder of Afghanistan, Ahmad Shah Abdali. I noticed that Pakistanis either got no opinion of him, or are all praises over him. But I was very, very surprised by Indian point of view regarding Abdali. Not because he was considered a invader, but because he was also considered looter of entire India, abductor of Indian women, and many more rubbish I heard for first time in my life!

So I would like to know, both from Pakistan and Indian members, if they know about Abdali then what do they think of him and WHY? I hope we can form a healthy debate with no attacks or insults please. :)

he was founder of Afghanistan ?

General public of Pakistan and muslims regards Ahmad shah Abdali very high...as a liberator.....

as far as bharties or hindus are concern you said it yourself...looks like you are starting to know your Indian brothers !!

@Leader
I knew long ago that their views of Afghan leaders in the PAST wasn't very positive, but lately I am simply coming across rubbish by Indian writers. I by the why don't want to criticize Indians or exaggerate our present, even Lahore and Kabul were friends once upon a time, but what happened? And even Persians, Arabs and Turks once invaded India, aren't they friends today? History is history my friend but I nonetheless want to know what made Indians exaggerate so much when it comes to history? Is it because Abdali had a Muslim army who beat the Marathas, Hindus?

I read in school that he invaded India 9 times . he plundered and massacared civillians in Delhi

@Leader
I knew long ago that their views of Afghan leaders in the PAST wasn't very positive, but lately I am simply coming across rubbish by Indian writers. I by the why don't want to criticize Indians or exaggerate our present, even Lahore and Kabul were friends once upon a time, but what happened? And even Persians, Arabs and Turks once invaded India, aren't they friends today? History is history my friend but I nonetheless want to know what made Indians exaggerate so much when it comes to history? Is it because Abdali had a Muslim army who beat the Marathas, Hindus?

I thought we were the only fools to think in terms of "friends" and "not friends", but it seems we got some Afghan company here :p

mugols are also vilified by indians today, the only mughol that is praised by him is akber who married a hindu and wanted to make another religion through hinduism called din e ilahi, other mughols are just cursed and considered blood thirsty barbarian invaders who killed hindus

@Leader
So because Lahore had good bonds with Kabul in HISTORY, do you consider today's Kabul government a friend? And am I wrong in saying that Indians even considered Persians, Arabs and Turks historical invaders while they are friends today? :)

You got me.

@Leader
So because Lahore had good bonds with Kabul in HISTORY, do you consider today's Kabul government a friend? And am I wrong in saying that Indians even considered Persians, Arabs and Turks historical invaders while they are friends today? :)

You got me.

Dude ,

Abdali was an invader so obviously you should not expect Indians to like him but us Indians don't live in the past that is why you see Indians in general today have good views about most muslims countries like Afghanistan , turkey , egypt , central asia and iran and also have good relations with saudi arabia.

Most of the muslim invaders came from these countries but still we have either a good or neutral opinion of them , good in your country's case .

About those Indian writers . look there are extremists in hindus as well and they may be some of those if their facts are exaggerated . It happens , they are meant to be ignored as there are propganda spreaders in every country .

What matters is the present and in the present Indians and Afghans are buddies .Full stop , no need to go beyond that and ignore the extremists , they use the internet to vent out their frustrations .

for us he is

Abdali-missile.jpg

@Leader

You got me.
we never said they are enemy they pass comment as enemy dear .

Abdali was an invader so obviously you should not expect Indians to like him
I never did expect Indians to like him. Yes, it's quiet noticeable why Muslims, mainly Pakistanis, saw him as a good person while Hindus absolutely despise him and only reason I can think of is those few defeats of the Hindus against Abdali. Lahore itself was in favour of Abdali while Indian historians claim Abdali abducted girls from Lahore and sold them in Kabul, WTF? Prostitution was hardly a practice in Kabul back then and nor does the history of Kabul claim confirm anything such.

but us Indians don't live in the past that is why you see Indians in general today have good views about most muslims countries like Afghanistan , turkey , egypt , central asia and iran and also have good relations with saudi arabia.
I know this and my intention is not to bring past between our current relation, my point was why so many Indians exaggerate to THIS extent when it comes to history? There are even films about it where womanisers and oppressors like Mughals are being excused while Afghans are pictures as the complete opposite. The fact that India has become friends with enormous amount of Islamic nations shows that those who care about their present and future definitely have moved on, and I wish its progress hits new highs.

Was responsible for the weakening of Mughal rule in India. Desecrated the Golden temple, the act he is most remembered for in Punjab. Sacking of the city of Lahore should normally have been the reason for Pakistanis to remember him. But he is forgiven, as along with Mughals, he won numerous wars against Marathas whom the Mughals had invited to protect against the Afghans!

A Muslim empire inviting a Hindu army to defend against a Muslim king.

And later on, a muslim nation, whose ancestors were ravaged by that muslim king, honouring him by naming one of thier weapons as 'Abdali', which is intended to target a nation whose kingdoms were unsuccessfully trying to defend this very region from Abdali's onslaughts!

Reality as they say, can be far more intriguing than fiction! :-)

I never did expect Indians to like him. Yes, it's quiet noticeable why Muslims, mainly Pakistanis, saw him as a good person while Hindus absolutely despise him and only reason I can think of is those few defeats of the Hindus against Abdali. Lahore itself was in favour of Abdali while Indian historians claim Abdali abducted girls from Lahore and sold them in Kabul, WTF? Prostitution was hardly a practice in Kabul back then and nor does the history of Kabul claim confirm anything such.

I know this and my intention is not to bring past between our current relation, my point was why so many Indians exaggerate to THIS extent when it comes to history? There are even films about it where womanisers and oppressors like Mughals are being excused while Afghans are pictures as the complete opposite. The fact that India has become friends with enormous amount of Islamic nations shows that those who care about their present and future definitely have moved on, and I wish its progress hits new highs.

don't take everything you read on the internet so seriously . There is some propoganda as well from some extremist hindu websites which most hindus don't themselves give a damn about .You should be the last person to care .

Back
Top Bottom