What's new

Air collision at South China Sea 2001, pictures!

Wrong. He is a hero. Because of his competence and professionalism he did not fire at the plane, making it go 'poof' and killing all the spies onboard.
Instead he forced it to land. China then got to inspect the plane and take it apart into tiny little pieces depsite pentagon warning for not boarding the plane.
You can call him a 'hero' if you like. But here are some keywords search for you to learn something: 'large aircraft turbulence wake'. And this is one of the many returns...

CAUTION Wake Turbulence Brochure
The intensity or strength of the vortex is primarily a function of aircraft weight and configuration (flap setting etc.). The strongest vortices are produced by heavy aircraft, flying slowly, in a clean configuration. For example, a large or heavy aircraft that must reduce its speed to 250 knots below 10,000 feet and is flying in a clean configuration while descending, produces very strong wake. Extra caution is needed when flying below and behind such aircraft.
Wang Wei's discipline in not shooting at the aircraft has nothing to do with his flying competency. The US reconnaissance was outside of China's territorial airspace, military personnel are not 'spies', so shooting at the American aircraft AFTER clear identification of what it is, would have constitute an act of war. For public consumption, Wang Wei must be made a 'hero' but every Chinese pilot knows the truth: that he was foolish.

You can call him a 'hero' if you like. But here are some keywords search for you to learn something: 'large aircraft turbulence wake'. And this is one of the many returns...

CAUTION Wake Turbulence Brochure

Dont care about the keyword search bit. As it is not what I need to know so you can save it to yourself :azn:

Wang Wei's discipline in not shooting at the aircraft has nothing to do with his flying competency.

That is up for debate. One can also argue that he was heroic and chose the right way to force the spy plane to land. Sacrificed himself rather than killing the equipment and all the spies onboard.

The US reconnaissance was outside of China's territorial airspace, military personnel are not 'spies', so shooting at the American aircraft AFTER clear identification of what it is, would have constitute an act of war. For public consumption, Wang Wei must be made a 'hero' but every Chinese pilot knows the truth: that he was foolish.

It doesn't matter how you paint it. Flying a spy plane over China's airspace is considered spying. Therefore they are nothing but spies in uniform. So truth is, he was brave and his judgement helped China obtain vital informations on the plane.

Dont care about the keyword search bit. As it is not what I need to know so you can save it to yourself :azn:
Your refusal to learn has no impact on the silent readers who did. It is they who I targeted.

That is up for debate. One can also argue that he was heroic and chose the right way to force the spy plane to land. Sacrificed himself rather than killing the equipment and all the spies onboard.
There is no 'debate' about it.

It doesn't matter how you paint it. Flying a spy plane over China's airspace is considered spying. Therefore they are nothing but spies in uniform. So truth is, he was brave and his judgement helped China obtain vital informations on the plane.
Your source for the highlighted. Else you are liar.

If anyone flies a spy plane that close to American soil, US is gonna wage a war against him.
No...We will take plenty of pictures. But then we can forgive you for being ignorance of Cold War history where Soviet bombers and recon aircrafts routinely did their thing up in Alaska.

Your refusal to learn has no impact on the silent readers who did. It is they who I targeted.

Wrong. It is not my refusal to learn. It is I have no need to know about random stuff you throw at me. It doesn't support your argument against me neither was it anything that I was looking for.

There is no 'debate' about it.
Yes there is and can still be debate about it.

Wang Wei's discipline in not shooting at the aircraft has nothing to do with his flying competency. The US reconnaissance was outside of China's territorial airspace, military personnel are not 'spies', so shooting at the American aircraft AFTER clear identification of what it is, would have constitute an act of war. For public consumption, Wang Wei must be made a 'hero' but every Chinese pilot knows the truth: that he was foolish.

Your source for the highlighted. Else you are liar.

Perhaps you should show your source first else you are a liar just as much. :azn:

No...We will take plenty of pictures. But then we can forgive you for being ignorance of Cold War history where Soviet bombers and recon aircrafts routinely did their thing up in Alaska.

Could Russian pilots also made a emergency landing on US airport without a clearance after doing a reconnaissance around US soil?

Don't lecture me on how the rule works, the only reason you didn't shot down the USSR spy planes is that you didn't have the gut to risk a war with USSR, just like China didn't shot down that EP-3 because China understood we coudn't stand a chance if in a war with US in 2001.

Wrong. It is not my refusal to learn. It is I have no need to know about random stuff you throw at me. It doesn't support your argument against me neither was it anything that I was looking for.
Of course it is your refusal to learn. This is just like learning how to drive that you should exercise safe distancing between you and the other drivers. In flying it is no different. Why do you think air traffic controllers would have aircrafts miles apart?

Yes there is and can still be debate about it.
You can. But you are not a pilot. And there is no debate among pilots: Wang Wei was foolish.

Perhaps you should show your source first else you are a liar just as much. :azn:
That is pathetic.

Hainan Island incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The EP-3 was operating about 70 miles (110 km) away from the PRC island province of Hainan when it was intercepted by two J-8 fighters.
That is hardly 'over' China's territorial airspace. So where is YOUR source that the EP-3 was over China's territorial airspace? I used to be an EM sniffer and listening to a potential adversary's EM emissions is hardly an act of war.

Could Russian pilots also made a emergency landing on US airport without a clearance after doing a reconnaissance around US soil?
If the aircraft is in trouble, then yes we would extend that courtesy.

Don't lecture me on how the rule works, the only reason you didn't shot down the USSR spy planes is that you didn't have the gut to risk a war with USSR, just like China didn't shot down that EP-3 because China understood we coudn't stand a chance if in a war with US in 2001.
No one wants war...But if we did shoot down a Soviet Bear, the Soviets would not risk a war either. But then this argument is pointless because our pilots would not have been so foolish as Wang Wei was.

Of course it is your refusal to learn. This is just like learning how to drive that you should exercise safe distancing between you and the other drivers. In flying it is no different. Why do you think air traffic controllers would have aircrafts miles apart?

You can. But you are not a pilot. And there is no debate among pilots: Wang Wei was foolish.

That is pathetic.

That is hardly 'over' China's territorial airspace. So where is YOUR source that the EP-3 was over China's territorial airspace? I used to be an EM sniffer and listening to a potential adversary's EM emissions is hardly an act of war.

Mr gambit, maybe you forget the EP-3 entered Chinese territorial airspace without a clearance after the collision and landed at a Chinese airport.

Mr gambit, maybe you forget the EP-3 entered Chinese territorial airspace without a clearance after the collision and landed at a Chinese airport.
Still pathetic...If Wang Wei had exercised better flight discipline, the EP-3 would not have been damaged in the first place. This is a terrible line of logic am seeing. So much for 'high Chinese IQ'...:lol:

If the aircraft is in trouble, then yes we would extend that courtesy.

Well, that is rich!

No one wants war...But if we did shoot down a Soviet Bear, the Soviets would not risk a war either. But then this argument is pointless because our pilots would not have been so foolish as Wang Wei was.

If that happened, we can't be having this argument now.

Still pathetic...If Wang Wei had exercised better flight discipline, the EP-3 would not have been damaged in the first place. This is a terrible line of logic am seeing. So much for 'high Chinese IQ'...:lol:

If the EP-3 was not spying on us in the first place, we wouldn't have send the J8 to intercept it.

If the EP-3 was not spying on us in the first place, we wouldn't have send the J8 to intercept it.
Still pathetic...There is something called 'territorial airspace'. Look it up. Outside of that region ANYONE can listen to anything for as long as he can and want.

Wrong. It is like telling someone where the toilet is when the person doesn't need the toilet or is interested in where the toilet is. Perhaps you should seperate that section of the post rather than randomly linking it to me.

This further proves that (for me) the nonsense bit of information was irrelevant to me and doesn't support your argument against me.
Unfortunately you are not the representative of all pilots either. So your way of painting the situation doesn't translate well to the opinion of others.

That is pathetic.

Just to inform you. I too can edit wikidepia and tailor it against your argument. To cite that as a source is poor. Nope it is not an act of war but an intrusion to ones privacy. If a russian long range bomber flew to the US, they too would be intercepted and no questions asked. Truth is, anyone can have its claim. The fact that America did not step up with further action is because they do not want to risk further deteriation of relationship with China and further smeering its image on the global scale. Asif having the spies detained and hi-tech spy plane dismantled wasn't enough.

Back
Top Bottom