ied_blast

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
i dont know about the current strenght of air power of indian army
but future seems to be say.....mighty
apart from what it already have , its going to add

till 2012

-197 light helicopters (cant say which one)
-80 Mi-17V-5s
- indigenously manufactured 'Dhruv' advanced light helicopter
(how many? depends on speed of production )
- Armed "Dhruv" (same @no)
- more advance UAVs
- tactical airlift fixed-wing aircraft (which one ?)
- LCH (not sure if it can make till 2012)
- proposed two sq of "Tejas" in north east

isn't the army aviation corps a more appropriate term?
is this light helo tender will be the same as the MRCA deal?like India license producing majority of the units.

67 helis would be bought off the shelf with remaining being localy produced.

Nope. Maybe C-130s. I know IAF is getting 6 of them. maybe army will get them too

SU why is indian aviation going for the C-130? Ant russians better for the transport purpose and besides pakistan has C-130 too?

Pakistan has the old C-130's. India is buying the special forces version of the C-130 J variant, it is quite different from the older versions. C-130J at present is the ONLY plane of its type to carry out its operations, have the exact tonnage capacity and the ability to take off from unprepared runways. As of now, Russia has no alternative plane to the C-130J. However India and Russia are jointly making the MTA(Multirole Transport Aircraft) which will have teh same weight carrying capacity as a C-130 J, same size, but lower operating costs, etc.

stupidity at it's best

197 fennecs , when larger & fewer helicopters like the EH-101 or Mi-26 could have done the job.

& now an airwing for the army..... i mean whose great idea was it in the first place ????

SU why is indian aviation going for the C-130? Ant russians better for the transport purpose and besides pakistan has C-130 too?

we r sold out to the americans sir,

God save us !!!

stupidity at it's best

197 fennecs , when larger & fewer helicopters like the EH-101 or Mi-26 could have done the job.

& now an airwing for the army..... i mean whose great idea was it in the first place ????

God save us !!!

have u ever heared of siachen
if not read out it .

have u ever heared of siachen
if not read out it .

what has siachen got to do with my previous post ???:undecided:

i was merely objecting to to an airforce within the army

army can always use air-force assets to access siachen:police:

stupidity at it's best

God save us !!!

Firstly, Fennecs are made by Eurocopter, a european company, not by USA. So i dont know why u said we are giving ourselves over to USA.

Secondly, Army needs an airwing, especially for low-intensity conflicts like in kashmir. an army airwing would be much faster to reach than airforce when air support is needed. In fact, i'm of the opinion that all Helis in IAF be transferred to IA. In NATO nations, helis are under army, not airforce.

Thirdly, Larger helis have had problems in the high altitudes of himalayas.

Firstly, Fennecs are made by Eurocopter, a european company, not by USA. So i dont know why u said we are giving ourselves over to USA.

if u read carefully u will notice that i was replying to a post which asked why i india opted for C-130 instead of russian transport planes. thats why i remarked, that we r sold out to the americans.

don't confuse urself !!!

read my ORIGINAL posts carefully

my remark on the fennec in the same post was a completely different one.:coffee:

It is definetly a good move from Indian Army to have its own Aviation corp theryby nullifying the dependence on IAF for Air Assault during the conflict as well as airlift when it comes to troop paradroping during eventualitities as well as during rescue operation caused by natural calamities. Since IA operate in mostly hostile Terror hit region, so I am really eager to know about the kind of protection are going applied to this Hellis against MANPADS and RPG ROCKET Propelled equipped Terroriest.

Taking off from unprepared and short runways was vital for IAF's special op requirements and hence just 6.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom