What's new

Airborne Aircraft Carrier

pak-yes

Reaction score
Ok.Guys

I was thinking about a very Novel Idea.Airborne Aircraft Carrier.

I researched a bit and found that although not Possible to carry 30 ton fighters on other Aircraft no matter how big they would be.

But there would be an Ideal Candidate for Airborne Aircraft Carrier.

I mean the Hindenburg was able to carry 120 tons in 1930s.Imagine if a Modern Military Zeppelin was to be build how much weight it could carry.

Only thing i could not find were the Drawbacks.

Ok.Guys

I researched a bit and found that although not Possible to carry 30 ton fighters on other Aircraft no matter how big they would be.

I mean the Hindenburg was able to carry 120 tons in 1930s.Imagine if a Modern Military Zeppelin was to be build how much weight it could carry.

:yahoo:nice one but it has many drawbacks
1 how much height it can go and also vunerability with SAMS
2 it wil be too expensive and what is its use when it can go down easily with a shot of multiple sams
3 more fuel wastage

and also looking at the zepplin is it not too old era

u must be thinking to make a blockbuster movie in Lollywood after being inspired by Avatar. :lol:

Ok.Guys

I remember a game named "Crimson Skies". It have that technology of airborn Aircraft carriers. The funny thing is all the planes are of WW2 Era. The game is made by Microsoft.

i think,,,,,too old idea....for me something new will be undersea stations... any way there must be people who thought about that before me............but then it will be be somethng new(new fighters have so munch range that d zeppelin is a bit awkward).

:cry:People Please Don't make fun of my Imagination.

nice one but it has many drawbacks
1 how much height it can go and also vunerability with SAMS
2 it wil be too expensive and what is its use when it can go down easily with a shot of multiple sams
3 more fuel wastage

and also looking at the zepplin is it not too old era

1.Well yes this is the first drawback attack by sams and Missiles.

Solution.

Make the the outer Body of thick steel.I mean the material used in tanks.SAMs can barely destroy aluminum made Aircraft.How are gonna they destroy thick steel.

2.Expensive

Solution

Money is no Problem for rich countries.

3.More Fuel Wastage

Solution

Go Nuclear.

As far as Zeppelin is concerned i mean it's old but what i believe in Principal is that Outer Body made of thick high Grade steel or other Rigid Material.With a Flight Deck Either on Sides or on top.I mean Modern Machine could be able to carry at least 10-15 Fighters.

Imagine the effect on enemy when it sees such a huge thing in the sky.

a3f2a8178885e442beabd699a70624f3.jpg

^^^^Good Idea but how the Chinese Concept is gonna Stay in sky.

I mean it looks huge and unlike zeppelin all the weight would have to be carried which would require massive and i mean truly massive amounts of Energy.

It is very disheartening to know that none of you have seen BattleStar Galactica.

One quick peek, and you will know everything about how an Airborne Aircraft Carrier should be.

Regards,
Sapper

These ideas are good for Games.
Ace Combat had both Underwater and Air borne Air Craft Carriers.

Back
Top Bottom