What's new

Airbus in Talks With Iran Over Deal to Produce Plane Components

Arminkh

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Airbus in Talks With Iran Over Deal to Produce Plane Components - Bloomberg Business

Iran could begin making parts for Airbus Group SE aircraft under plans being discussed following January’s historic agreement to purchase 118 jetliners from the European manufacturer.

Airbus’s Middle East office said the company is evaluating areas of industrial cooperation with Iran that may include component production and maintenance and overhaul work.

Iran developed an ability to make plane parts in order to keep its aircraft flying during years of economic sanctions. Iranian Aviation and Space Industries Association President Amin Salari said in an interview in Tehran that it can offer both “a level of know-how” and very competitive labor costs.

Should an agreement be reached, Iran will join Mubadala Development Co.’s Strata unit as a Middle Eastern parts supplier to Airbus. The Abu Dhabi-based business, which began operations in 2010, has $7.5 billion worth of orders from the European company and its U.S. rival Boeing Co. through 2030.

Work Share
Countries funding major aircraft purchases are in a stronger position to seek a share of the work, with the vast orders placed by United Arab Emirates carriers Etihad Airways and Emirates bolstering Mubadala’s hand. Iran, which wants to develop an aviation industry, says it may need 400 jets in a decade.

The Islamic republic has around 15 maintenance and overhaul companies, a third of them state owned, Salari said, with capabilities in areas including cabin refurbishment, aircraft seats, fiber-glass parts and cockpit panels.

January’s Airbus order was announced on the day sanctions were lifted and confirmed when Iranian President Hassan Rouhani visited Paris. The $27 billion deal comprises 45 single-aisle A320s and 73 A330, A350 and A380 wide-bodies.

Boeing was granted U.S. permission to begin talks with Iranian carriers only last month and would need a separate license to make any jetliner sales.

Great news guys! @haman10 @Serpentine @Daneshmand @SOHEIL

I hope Iran doesn't buy any Boeing jet's.

I wish Iran actually cared about people of region of former Yugoslavia and Bulgaria and Romania, hey... Why not set up production in those countries by telling Airbus, set some factories there in those countries and we order more planes... Europe and Iran should be close as we are wary of USA and Russia.

Not surprised, it was mentioned in the deal as well.

Actually its the best way to develope the aviation industry.this is the way,China, S.Korea, Japan and Indonesia choosed.

Sounds like BS :unsure:
IRan-140 flying with Iranian made components sounds BS to me.

Sounds like BS :unsure:
Don't think so.

Iran, which wants to develop an aviation industry, says it may need 400 jets in a decade.

The Islamic republic has around 15 maintenance and overhaul companies, a third of them state owned, Salari said, with capabilities in areas including cabin refurbishment, aircraft seats, fiber-glass parts and cockpit panels.

Where do you use fiber-glass parts in a plane ? :unsure:

Great news if true. I hope it is armin joon.
It is just before Norooz. So به فال نیک میگیریم!

Don't think so.

Where do you use fiber-glass parts in a plane ? :unsure:
All small propeller airplanes use fiber glass parts for the body these days. So I would assume anything like that that is made in Iran is using fiberglass parts.

All small propeller airplanes use fiber glass parts for the body these days. So I would assume anything like that that is made in Iran is using fiberglass parts.
Mate, as far as i know, you use Carbon-Fiber in some planes. Fiber-Glass is not a strong material and used in RC planes......In example most UAVs' bodies are made from Carbon-Fiber.

Mate, as far as i know, you use Carbon-Fiber in some planes. Fiber-Glass is not a strong material and used in RC planes......In example most UAVs' bodies are made from Carbon-Fiber.
Fiber glass is used in Aircraft construction. It is even used in Helicopter rotor blades. Here is one example:

George Moore's Therapy

First Flight - October 8th, 2001

KIS%20with%20pants0002.jpg

Kis_GMoore.jpg

For a little more than two years, we watched as George Moore labored to build and prepare for flight a KIS, which is an all fiberglass, two-place airplane. He worked long hours, often in cold and damp weather, to complete the thousands of details it takes put an airplane together. George chose to install a Subaru Legacy 2.2 liter auto engine of 135 hp, and utilized an Eggenfellner reduction drive with a Prince propeller. Installing the engine, and making sure that all of its systems were properly installed and operating, was a major challenge. George prepared himself and the airplane very well prior to first flight, which was completely successful, including a picture perfect first landing.
Therapy.jpg
“Hi. I’m George Moore, the builder of N6382G, which has been named ‘Therapy’. The name was conceived after my wife, and love of my life, Mary, died of a brain aneurysm in 1980. My grief was very long. I knew I needed a project that would absorb my complete attention and building an airplane would certainly do that for me. And so, still stricken with grief, I plunged into building a Polywagen with a Revmaster engine. However, my building was not as strong as my need for social contact with other human beings. In spite of dating various women, nothing seemed to click. My son, Craig, and I decided to move to North Carolina, near Chapel Hill. I moved the Polywagen project with us where I continued half-heatedly to build in between church activities and a singles group.”

“I ended up having surgery for a long term ear infection. The surgery very likely saved my life, as the infection had taken out a large portion of my mastoid bone. I ran out of money so I sold the Polywagen project and Craig and I moved back to Michigan.”

the most important question is this : which components !?

seat and interior design or technical and critical components !?

Back
Top Bottom