What's new

Aisam ul haq and Rohan Bopanna in the US open men double finals!!!

gr8 news.. hope the duo win and make their country proud.

Aisam has also reached the US open mixed doubles final partnering with Kveta Pescheke

I've played Bopanna in Under-14s :) He did kick my @ss...good for him...

Aisam Qureshi reaches US Open men’s and mixed doubles finals

KARACHI: Pakistan’s Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi and India’s Rohan Bopanna reached the US Open men’s doubles final in New York on Wednesday.

The sixteenth seeded South Asian duo beat the Argentine pair of Eduardo Schwank and Horacio Zeballos 7-6 (7-5) and 6-4.

This is the best grand-slam run yet for Qureshi and Bopanna, who at number 15 in the ATP doubles team rankings.

Qureshi, already the best player to represent Pakistan on the ATP circuit, has also reached the mixed doubles final at the US Open with his Czech partner Kveta Peschke.

The 30-year-old from Lahore is being hailed as a hero in the country already as he continues breaking records at a time when Pakistan’s famous cricket team is going through a tumultuous period.

Kudos to players... Now we want none less than winning Trophy!!!

Self-delete - no point is joking and souring the atmosphere...

Last edited:
I won't be surprised though if Bopanna is a RAW agent trying to create a positive image of India in Pakistan and is taking Aisam on a joy-ride - RAW may have paid off the guys they beat as well - I wonder if the Bryan brothers sold their souls for money too to throw the finals...

Not necessary brother. 1 in a thousand threads is positive, lets not kill it. You may have said that in jest, but not eveyone will take it that way.

A request.

All the best to both of them, I'm sure Pakistanis are proud of Aisam's achievement. I was surprised to find he's peaking at the age of 30. Good for him.

Aisam paired up with Leander in the Mumbai open ATP circuit very well .....a very well balanced all - round player ...all the best to the pair although Bob and Mike Brian are a very old pair of hands with their home turf at Flushing Meadows .....a win against them in the Final would be absolutely phenomenal.....keeping my fingers crossed.........:):):)

a double of doubles titles wld be great !!!

Back
Top Bottom