What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Mini EA pod for tactical unmanned systems
FlS3bsnXkAIjdzN

The electronic support units, which enable UCAVs to get closer to the target and safely move away after fulfilling their mission, were tested in various scenarios and under real combat conditions. Large-scale production and integration of the system will begin soon.

Temel Kotil: ANKA-3 small model has been built and flown. Soon the first prototype will make its maiden flight.

We are currently building a 5th generation fighter jet(MMU). When this becomes the 6th generation? When manned aircraft can operate together with unmanned aircraft. (He is talking about MUM-T concepts) In other words, artificial intelligence and the pilot act as a whole by flying on different platforms at the same time. For this reason, ANKA-3 will fly together with both MMU and Hurjet.

The maiden flight footages will be shared in March or April.

First images of the TB3 prototype on the production line spotted.

TB3.jpg
It seems that the assembly of at least 8 TB-2s has been completed and around 30 TB-2 fuselages are in the final assembly line. We are only in the first month of the year. It seems that the TB-2 will dominate the world markets in the tactical class this year as well.

It seems that the assembly of at least 8 TB-2s has been completed and around 30 TB-2 fuselages are in the final assembly line. We are only in the first month of the year. It seems that the TB-2 will dominate the world markets in the tactical class this year as well.
Despite selling less, I think US is still making more money from UAVs.

I think that's what we need to focus on. We need to be selling the bigger UAVs more.

Despite selling less, I think US is still making more money from UAVs.

I think that's what we need to focus on. We need to be selling the bigger UAVs more.
It would be more accurate to talk on a company basis. General Atomics is one of the giant US defense, electronics and energy companies. It employs over 15 thousand people and has annual revenues of about 4 billion dollars. Its biggest customers are the US Department of Defense and US utilities in the energy sector. General Atomics Aeronautical Systems is a subsidiary of this large company and has the power behind it. Likewise, almost all of the systems it produces have the financial and legal support of the Pentagon. Many of its experimental projects are also actively supported by DARPA.

The mere fact that Baykar is now being compared to one of the industrial creators of the UAV field speaks volumes about how far Baykar has come.

I don't have the balance sheets of both companies, so I can only make a guess. Both GA-ASI and Baykar are companies that are not participating in the Defense News top-100 and do not share their balance sheets with this ranking study. They are not listed on the stock exchange either.

I think the export figures of both companies can be quite close to each other when domestic markets are not taken into account. In fact, Baykar will probably surpass GA-ASI by 2023.

On the other issue and the profit margins you mentioned, there may be factors such as the marketing power given by the global diplomatic power and political position of the US on the one hand, and on the other hand, a more flexible and cost-effective company profile, as well as production cost differences. The Turkish side also has a very open policy on capability transfer. In other words, system user countries are not only provided with platforms but also with doctrine. This is currently the most important factor behind Baykar's TB-2 sales. This is of course with the permission and approval of the state.

On a system basis, Baykar has just started exporting the AKINCI system. The Tb-2 is a tactical class vehicle. The UCAV, which GA-ASI is currently producing, is in Akıncı's class.

Last edited:
The mere fact that Baykar is now being compared to one of the industrial creators of the UAV field speaks volumes about how far Baykar has come.
Well, Baykar doesn't need TBMM approval to sell UAVs lol we're basically giving them to anyone like candy. :D

Turkish state does everything it can to make Baykar successful. That is very, very important.

So I don't really see this as Baykar's success. I see this as Turkey's success.

Well, Baykar doesn't need TBMM approval to sell UAVs lol we're basically giving them to anyone like candy. :D
Under Law No. 5201, the Ministry of Defense is the approval authority for the export of defense and related-critical systems.

In other words, none of the approximately 2,000 companies registered in the sector with the necessary legal permits have their export activities approved directly by the TGNA. The responsibility and obligation to inform the TGNA on this issue lies with the Ministry of Defense. Pursuant to the legislation, the TGNA has the ability to question and stop these sales authorizations.

Under Law No. 5201, the Export and Import Procedures of Weapons and Ammunition Subject to the Control of the Ministry of Defense are explained in detail in the link below.

Under Law No. 5201, the Ministry of Defense is the approval authority for the export of defense and related-critical systems.

In other words, none of the approximately 2,000 companies registered in the sector with the necessary legal permits have their export activities approved directly by the TGNA. The responsibility and obligation to inform the TGNA on this issue lies with the Ministry of Defense. Pursuant to the legislation, the TGNA has the ability to question and stop these sales authorizations.

Under Law No. 5201, the Export and Import Procedures of Weapons and Ammunition Subject to the Control of the Ministry of Defense are explained in detail in the link below.
As if even Hulusi Akar would have the balls to say no to Erdo's son in law. C'mon don't make me talk here, you know these things are a joke.

US Drone sales need to go through Congress, both parties need to approve. Like how they have to approve the F16 sale to Turkey.

Turkish drones are much more accessible not just because they are cheap. A lot of countries we sell drones to, US wouldn't sell them.

Chinese UAVs are also cheap but buying from China is political suicide so... that leaves Turkey :-)

As if even Hulusi Akar would have the balls to say no to Erdo's son in law. C'mon don't make me talk here, you know these things are a joke.
I think you despise TC state too much. For example, Erdogan cannot sell drones to Armenia even if he wants to.

I think you despise TC state too much. For example, Erdogan cannot sell drones to Armenia even if he wants to.
I don't, I love my country. I'm just hyper-aware of our shortcomings. Combat-Master thinks that corruption doesn't matter, the whole country can be run by thieves and murderers as long as we're militarily getting stronger, all is good. No these problems will eventually come back to bite you in the ***.

And why would they want to sell drones to Armenia? It would be political suicide, it would cost them a lot of votes. But otherwise they have pretty much free reign.

We've sold these drones to so many countries now, I am sure that the blueprints of TB2 are freely circulating around between intelligence communities

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom