What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Baykar Makina is a yandas company which took free ihaleler back in the days.
Give the examples one by one. We all know what they lived when feto was active may be you know better
While TAI delivers much more serious and quality products with their own skills and budget.
Yes because they got full goverment support from the begining till today. I talked many years ago with a TAI technican, he was working at F16 assembly line said we cant do anything when I said Turkey will produce T129. He said we cant produce we can only assembly ,he was afraid of loosing his job. Tai done everything with support of Turkey goverments directly and indirectly. It was necessary yesterday and necessary today.what about for TFX ? TFX means they will get the ihale which any other firm couldnt get in turkish history. TAI belongs to Turkey and I fully support it. They are not talking about millions USD they are talking about billions USD. In a few years TAI will be the most valuable firm in Turkey and may be in top 10 at the defence sector around the world.
Baykar delivers cheap and quality enough products assembled from various other companies and countries
Please tell your ideas to Ukraine military professionals because they are not as clever as you. The gave 60 million USD and again they want to give much more for just an ordinary product. You may say them you have everything, you have your own engine you have engineers, you have western support, you may buy cats from Canada and may say why you BUY CHEAP AND QUALITY ENOUGH PRODUCT ASSEMBLED BY VARIOUS OTHER COMPANIES AND OTHER COUNTIES. You may say forming assembly line is much more cheaper.
At the end I am sure they say Woooow how couldnt we think that and couldnt see this reality.

Really saddens one to see Turks criticise one of their most important defence companies due to their political views.

AKINCI is the most capable drone in Turkey. What are you talking about regarding no quality?

Yes, Bayraktar is a private company. They understand Marketing and Sales. As such they are light years ahead of TAI in this field. Bayraktar, being an entrepreneurial company, is more fast-moving, innovative and bold compared to TAI. It is obvious that the future combat drones of Turkey will come from Bayraktar and not TAI.

TAI should and will focus its resources on more complex and R&D heavy products i.e. TF-X etc.

Really saddens one to see Turks criticise one of their most important defence companies due to their political views.

AKINCI is the most capable drone in Turkey. What are you talking about regarding no quality?

Yes, Bayraktar is a private company. They understand Marketing and Sales. As such they are light years ahead of TAI in this field. Bayraktar, being an entrepreneurial company, is more fast-moving, innovative and bold compared to TAI. It is obvious that the future combat drones of Turkey will come from Bayraktar and not TAI.

TAI should and will focus its resources on more complex and R&D heavy products i.e. TF-X etc.
They are not Turks but bag of sh.t

It is obvious that you do not understand anything. The quality of the vehicles is not measured by the amount of load they carry. Turkey's most talented uav model high nativism share, compared to engines that use advanced autopilot capability and payload capacity - endurance advantages caused by Anka +. While the MQ4 Reaper has a payload of 1700 kg with a single 900 HP turboprop engine, Akıncı can only carry 1350 kg with a 2x750BG turboprop. If you don't know how to do the job, you give it to those who know how to do it.

It is obvious that you do not understand anything. The quality of the vehicles is not measured by the amount of load they carry. Turkey's most talented uav model high nativism share, compared to engines that use advanced autopilot capability and payload capacity - endurance advantages caused by Anka +. While the MQ4 Reaper has a payload of 1700 kg with a single 900 HP turboprop engine, Akıncı can only carry 1350 kg with a 2x750BG turboprop. If you don't know how to do the job, you give it to those who know how to do it.

By your mentality, I assume you know everything? The rest of your post is not even written in understandable English. What are you talking about?

I said AKINCI is the most capable drone in TURKEY, not the WORLD. As such, why would you compare it with MQ4?

you forgot about the inclusion of AI in AKINCI as well as its ability to deploy a wide range of munitions. (ANKA and AKSUNGUR has a limited munition portfolio)

By your mentality, I assume you know everything? The rest of your post is not even written in understandable English. What are you talking about?

I said AKINCI is the most capable drone in TURKEY, not the WORLD. As such, why would you compare it with MQ4?

you forgot about the inclusion of AI in AKINCI as well as its ability to deploy a wide range of munitions. (ANKA and AKSUNGUR has a limited munition portfolio)

Current AI standards are not used for UAVs. The vehicles operate autopilot features under object-oriented programming with the information they receive from the sensors. So the AI part is the TALE. Using the Akıncı as a radar in the air is bulls*it from the very beginning due to the area he can look at. If you are in a war big enough to launch a cruise missile from a drone, it means that you will not have the capacity and courage to fly that tender anyway 250 km soon. (Som's range). For this you need missiles like the Gezgin. If you are tired of miniature bombs and want to use MK series bombs, a much cheaper TAI solution is there and you will be delivered. As a result, it is nothing but a burden that will not contribute us much operationally. The groom, who is constantly hitting domesticity, etc., can combine the money in his pocket with his father-in-law and invest in Aselsan and help him develop the Flirs he does not like. (Unless it's easier to distribute a Canadian company, of course.)

Last edited:

At the moment akinci is flying with 2x 450 hp engines not 750 hp . you should compare also other datas Reaper can fly full loaded 15 hours .

At the moment akinci is flying with 2x 450 hp engines not 750 hp . you should compare also other datas Reaper can fly full loaded 15 hours .

EBjC2b6XYAECAk6

Last edited:
I am happy with the company Bayraktar, today Bayraktar is still a drone producer but if she continues her growth like this tomorrow she can become an aircraft company like TAI.

Do we need another TAI, IMO yes! If you want quality you need a sound competition, it's the same in the US: you have Lockheed and you have Boeing

Who's to say he's Patriotic ?
- Reading Turkish
- Writing in Turkish
- Having a Turkish flag
is not a sublimation of being a patriotic Turk.

Akinci is currently set to be the most capable drone in Turkey, once developed to it's full potential. Anyone who says otherwise either has knowledge beyond open-sources, is not clued-in or has insidious motives.

I would agree with first part of your paragraph. However Bayraktar is set to become the General Atomics of Turkey. While TAI on the other-hand would become Boeing/Lockheed - simply because TAI has had years upon years of investment, attaining facilities that Bayraktar lacks.

We are seriously lacking in Aviation, so competition is good!

There is no logic in your answer. Ivchenko has options of 450 and 750. The source I provided says 1350 kg payload feature for 2x750. Did you see that the prototype using the 450shp engine was carrying 1350 kg?
I had edited my post and added this:
"Edit: AI-450 engine's have a takeoff power of 750hp. And 450 hp maximum cruise power.
http://ivchenko-progress.com/?portfolio=ai-450с2&lang=en"

But why is there no logic in my answer? I mean what makes you say that?

I had edited my post and added this:
"Edit: AI-450 engine's have a takeoff power of 750hp. And 450 hp maximum cruise power.
http://ivchenko-progress.com/?portfolio=ai-450с2&lang=en"

But why is there no logic in my answer? I mean what makes you say that?

It is 750shp produced by an engine with 750shp takeoff power, not 450. That's why it is named as such. All engines lose power as the altitude goes up because
because the air starts to decrease. Do you think the TPE331 used in the MQ4 Reaper haves 900shp at 40000 feet?

So you mean baykar is not professional ??

No, not exactly. But Bayraktar is simply loving the attention of the people on social media and TAI is more classical, conservative when it comes to communication. Especially for a defence company Bayraktar is sharing a lot publicly.

Back
Top Bottom