What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

it will be able to drop cruise missiles like SOm and air to air missiles with AESA radar... ;) also cheap mk82 and other missiles that has 100 km range
Would it not be expensive to have an AESA radar in a UAV since UAV are supposed to be cost effective?

Would it not be expensive to have an AESA radar in a UAV since UAV are supposed to be cost effective?
its 1350KG and total weight 5.5 Ton.
Turkey will build the AESA radar, means not a real cost. PESA will be heawy to see far away, but Turkey will start with PESA radar for 2 years until AESA ready.

Turkish EW is strong to protekt it from air deffense missiles, but jets able to see it with their thermal Kameras, so with AESA radar you also protekt it against them and make perfekt aircraft

normally air to air missiles are sold with numbers, you are not allowed to buy as many as you want. thats why governments try to use them in jets so get the maks result. but Turkey also tested and going to produce them, so thats also advantage

No, fixed
No, it's retractable.

Akinci front wheel well.png

Akinci rear wheel well.png

I can't see a place for landing gear to be closed for prototypes currently flying test flights. The first non-flying model exhibited at Teknofest had a closure for the landing gear.
1925822336811166.jpg

201910908265128108.jpg

we did not see it retracted until today,I do not expect also,the main advantage is we less need F16 on to bomb pkk

we did not see it retracted until today,I do not expect also,the main advantage is we less need F16 on to bomb pkk
how dont you expect it to have retractable landing gears?? what brougt you to that thought??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom