What's new

Al-Khalid II has been put to sleep .

we need alkhalid 1 we dont need alkhalid -2 we have so many things number -2 in pakistan in fact every thing is number -2 in pakistan :D 2 number aye oyeee:rofl:
We are already inducting 100 2No thunders. What u 'll say about them?

This is only for the reason that AL-KHALID 2 will be upgraded as an next generation tank. For the time till it is being upgraded MBT3000 will supplement the existing Al-Khalid's.

Their was no AK-2 the AL-KHALID was massively upgraded and now in production is known as AK-1 which will be soon revealed our dear member is misinformed here on this issue
defence.pk/threads/an-insight-into-al-khalid-ii-mbt.56759/
Are you sure about that?

we need alkhalid 1 we dont need alkhalid -2 we have so many things number -2 in pakistan in fact every thing is number -2 in pakistan :D 2 number aye oyeee:rofl:
Bhai how can you forget Pakistani's like to have 2 number products by being bluffed in believing they are 1 number.:lol:

According to @Horus Pakistan will have 50 billion budget by 2020. Should be no problem.

@Horus tried all he could to explain this to you in that other thread but as we say here in Pakistan " Jithay de Khoti Uthay Aaan Khaloti"
The 5 billion dollar figure he quoted was for a fiscal syscle of 5 years, 10 Bil a year

anyway, he have tried his best, i have explain in this one post, will not be wasting more time on this.

ON TOPIC: this is not as such a news. We know for some time that AL Khalid fleet is being standardized to AK-1 standard and that will be it. The new battle tank will be something based on MBT-3000 and some Ak-I features for platform commonality and may well be labeled Al-Haider so this is all that was already known and no new set back. Relax @kaonalpha :)

@Horus tried all he could to explain this to you in that other thread but as we say here in Pakistan " Jithay de Khoti Uthay Aaan Khaloti"
The 5 billion dollar figure he quoted was for a fiscal syscle of 5 years, 10 Bil a year

anyway, he have tried his best, i have explain in this one post, will not be wasting more time on this.

ON TOPIC: this is not as such a news. We know for some time that AL Khalid fleet is being standardized to AK-1 standard and that will be it. The new battle tank will be something based on MBT-3000 and some Ak-I features for platform commonality and may well be labeled Al-Haider so this is all that was already known and no new set back. Relax @kaonalpha :)

Well it was a setback. They was about reveal Al-Khalid II in 2014 IDEAS with planned production from 2015. But it got dealyed to 2016 and now entire project put on hold

Well it was a setback. They was about reveal Al-Khalid II in 2014 IDEAS with planned production from 2015. But it got dealyed to 2016 and now entire project put on hold
Yaar their was no AK II in first place the project was AK 1 and that is still going on for GOD sake member who started this thread has been misinformed

Yaar their was no AK II in first place the project was AK 1 and that is still going on for GOD sake member who started this thread has been misinformed

Okay, You are confusing, mixing multiple things.

1. Al Khalid-1 : Upgraded Al-Khalid revealed in 2010. Check youtube video of Al-Khalid 1

2. Al-Khalid 2: Massive Upgradation of Al-Khalid 1. Janes International Interview of Of HIT Brigadier explained in detail about the massive upgradation Al-Khalid would go through

So All in All. Al-Khalid and Al-Khalid 1 are JF-17 block1 and 2. No exterior difference. Al-Khalid 2 was supposed to be block 3 and it got delayed.

Perhaps it's time you read some thread from April 2014 and IDEAS 2014 threads as well to get a complete picture of what Al-Khalid 2 was about.

Zarvan zarvan I apologies that A** Hole came out straight hahahaha but seriously i feel sorry for You trying to defend the right info and everyone is saying al khalid this and that .Zarvan is right there is no AL-KHALID 2 . But there is a heavy up gradation program .

But there is MBT 3000 . And we shall see it Inshallah !

@Dazzler That's why they didn't revealed Al-Khalid II in IDEAS 2014. All the talks about 9 major upgrades downgraded to 6 and then it would be revealed in Ideas 2016, now the entire program is put on hold

Hmm, it had this share of skeptics from the word go bu the program has the potential. however, if true, which i will have to confirm from my sources who never really mentioned any such thing to date, there are a few things that need to be clarified to get a better perspective of the situation:

* Despite the success of Al khalid mbt project, which serves in two variants in pakistan army, mbt 2000 for Morocco, Bangladesh and that forsaken country Myanmar, the top brass at HIT is vary of spending $millions more on AK-2.

* Looking at the miserable condition of adversary's mbt and their capabilities, or incapabilities rather, putting AK-2 on hold would only made sense. In fact, even today, the PA armored corps enjoy a decent advantage in many areas

* Lack of infrastructure, technological know how, budget and several other factors are also there among other obstacles.

PA top brass considers the AK-2 as an overkill considering what they are to face in the battlefield in the near future. I have explained the reasons many a times :D

Still, this is the only time i have heard such news, will comment more after confirmation.

All he is trying to say how much 50 or 100 tank cost? i don't think PAK can make more then 50 or 100 tank per year.

The Al-khalid 2 is becoming more costly to bear. Its survival depends upon the top brass sitting in GHQ.

Can we say that the survival of TOP BRASS sitting in GHQ, depends upon cancellation on Al-Khalid-II.
Un k ghar main bhe to chola jalta hai meray bhai ....

Back
Top Bottom