What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

The original manufacturer of MBT 2000-http://www.norinco.com/GB/61/76/77/index.html
You fail to understand the relationship between Norinco and HIT. So write to Norinco and ask them who built the MBT2000, sold to BD.

A lot of people claimed things on this forum, that turned out to be absolute "A grade BS", so instead of arguing and wasting my time, all I did was call up the manufacturer, and get it straight form the horses mouth. In 99% of the cases, I didn't have to use an official letterhead.

In case you are genuinely interested in learning, I suggest you do the same.

Thank You.

You fail to understand the relationship between Norinco and HIT. So write to Norinco and ask them who built the MBT2000, sold to BD.

A lot of people claimed things on this forum, that turned out to be absolute "A grade BS", so instead of arguing and wasting my time, all I did was call up the manufacturer, and get it straight form the horses mouth. In 99% of the cases, I didn't have to use an official letterhead.

In case you are genuinely interested in learning, I suggest you do the same.

Thank You.

The government was supposed to buy seven tanks last year and seven more this year. As only a Chinese company took part in the tender, the government cancelled it, and re-invited tender in which four companies from China, Russia, Ukraine, and Pakistan participated. Chinese company Norinco was selected as the lowest bidder.
http://www.thedailystar.net/news-detail-191737

Do you hav any source to refute above article?

We r building t 90 india that does not make t90 tank ours.

Ah no you are assembling T-90s.

We developed AK.

Meanwhile AKII is under development at HIT.
You claimed pakistan sold MBT to Bangladesh . I proved you wrong by Bangladesh army statement. Now show me a single source to prove your claim pakistan sold mbt 2000 to Bangladesh. Otherwise accept you falsely claimed Bangladesh export

And i proved to you that Pak and China market it jointly.. and the tank was developed in Pak by HIT... which invested money and a decade in the project.

@maravan91 meanwhile enjoy the 90s documentry on AK development by HIT

AND

Read previous pages of the thread you are trolling.

Again post a single credible source to support your claim you produced mbt 2000 for Bangladesh or profit is shared between norinco or Bangladesh. See this video
in which your army officer was saying what is indigenous in alkhalid produced in pakistan
Actually the production rate at HIT is quite bad, as it managed to deliver a mere 12 tanks last year.

so no tanks were exported from HIT.

@maravan91 Also Pakistan MoDPs annual reports show from July 2010 to June 2015, only 19 Al Khalid were built at HIT.
So the 44 tanks of BD Army were definitely not built at HIT.

Its 48-50 tanks per year.

It was slow in the past, because of financial constraints and development of AK II.
Yes there Is a production capacity of 50 tanks per year which while not bad is still far below the production rates of other tank builders in the region.

But between 2010-15 only 19 AKs were built.

@maravan91 Also Pakistan MoDPs annual reports show from July 2010 to June 2015, only 19 Al Khalid were built at HIT.

Yes there Is a production capacity of 50 tanks per year which while not bad is still far below the production rates of other tank builders in the region.

MODP report is yearly .. it doesn’t cover 5 years.

It stated tanks built for PA & PA orders.

Mainly MODP report covers only Pak military purchases and development by Pak Govt manufacturers ... in its yearly/annual report.

It is DEPO that looks after exports among other things.

Tanks are not made same as cars I.e continuous production in expectation of sales. HIT only makes them when it has orders from the Army. No order no production. So low production is a non-issue. You should worry about Arjun's production.

MODP report is yearly .. it doesn’t cover 5 years.

It stated tanks built for PA & PA orders.

Mainly MODP report covers only Pak military purchases and development by Pak Govt manufacturers ... in its yearly/annual report.

It is DEPO that looks after exports among other things.

nope that's not true at all.
In fact even in the PAC sections MoDP report counts Mushshaks built for exports under total production.
There's no mention of Al Khalid exports in DEPO reports too.

In this entire thread you have absolutely failed to provide a single shred of evidence that BD VT1A were built at HIT.

Your lack of knowledge can be seen from the fact that you used to claim, PA has 600 AKs just a few months back only to get shut down after MoDP report revealed it's only ~330.

nope that's not true at all.
In fact even in the PAC sections MoDP report counts Mushshaks built for exports under total production.
There's no mention of Al Khalid exports in DEPO reports too.
Ok sure.

Do post , MODP or DEPO report stating Mushak sales, JF sales or any other weapons sale.

Im waiting.

In this entire thread you have absolutely failed to provide a single shred of evidence that BD VT1A were built at HIT.

This entire thread is about AK project.

From its origins to its systems.

As for sales if BD VTA1. I dont need too. When ive already given you solid proof of joint Pak-China marketing of the tank... that should be enough!

Not even talking about Pak participatiom and development of the tank to begin with.

Your lack of knowledge can be seen from the fact that you used to claim, PA has 600 AKs just a few months back only to get shut down after MoDP report revealed it's only ~330.
You keep quoting an almost 3 year old figure (330 in service-50 under production) ... yet that isnt even the point.

Qnt Customer Value Add Date
(Close Date) Unit cost

$160.500.000
Jul 2011
(Oct 2013)
$3,647,727

$300.000.000
Feb 2009
(Dec 2010)
$2,000,000
Average Unit Cost:
$2,373,711
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product1475.html

Bangladesh and Moracco r last two customers of MBT 2000

Last customer was burma.. you tool.

Morroco isnt even a confirmed buyer.. no actual record/pic of MBT-2000 in morrocan service exists.

So much for a third rate source like “army guide”.

The only confirmed users are;

Bangladesh
Peru
Myanmar

Resort to personal insults when u can't prove your tall claim
Says the troll.. who has nothing but second rate websites to prove..

And has constantly contradicted his own statements.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom