What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Bro I have my doubts too, I have my horses well under control............ I also said if news is true or if we go for t-90........... but point here is PA need tanks and HIT busy in AK and may be OPLOT (up gradation of T-80s),,,,, that make this news extra spicy 400 to 500 tanks Purchase.......... that can quickly add numbers and replace older tanks.

Janab AK-1 is already coming..............
I know and also AK-2 will come still we would have around 1500 old Tanks to replace and AL KHALID 1 and II both together even can't replace all those old Tanks so we need at least two more Tanks so either they could be T-90 and OPLOT P. Or they could be OPLOT P and Altay

I know and also AK-2 will come still we would have around 1500 old Tanks to replace and AL KHALID 1 and II both together even can't replace all those old Tanks so we need at least two more Tanks so either they could be T-90 and OPLOT P. Or they could be OPLOT P and Altay
AK , OPLOT , T-90 and Altay or AK , OPLOT and Altay or AK , T-90 and Altay ... or AK , T-90 and OPLOT .... any of these is deadly combination :enjoy:
Lets wait and see ....... what comes out..............:pakistan:

Bro I have my doubts too, I have my horses well under control............ I also said if news is true or if we go for t-90........... but point here is PA need tanks and HIT busy in AK and may be OPLOT (up gradation of T-80s),,,,, that make this news extra spicy 400 to 500 tanks Purchase.......... that can quickly add numbers and replace older tanks.

Janab AK-1 is already coming..............

Chacha ji and Hazrat. If we order the T90 lets say today It will arrive in 2020. Which is the same time frame for AK-2 and Oplot or earlier for latter as T90 has yet to be tested in Pakistan.

Currently this gives Oplot and AK-2 a lead.

Chacha ji and Hazrat. If we order the T90 lets say today It will arrive in 2020. Which is the same time frame for AK-2 and Oplot or earlier for latter as T90 has yet to be tested in Pakistan.

AK-2 will always have a lead and in current deals Oplot also have a lead....... But if Oplot is not Al-Haider then ? Then the time frame that you gave will become irrelevant..........
I still have my doubts on T-90s , it just cant make any sense........ To me things will be more clear when we know what will be Al-Haider.........

Even if we order OPLOT it would take at least 1.5 year for first one to arrive and AK-1 is under production and in next couple of years we would AK-2. Still we would see one other Tank let see which one is that

Oplot is a better option but it has issues with production due to the political climate there. The T80UD can be brought to Oplot level in the meantime. T90 at present seems to be a inquisitive phase.
And these political issues present us with the perfect opportunity. Should make full use of it!!

Hear it once again. There is no room for T90 in PA when AK series and t80uds are there. No negotiations took place on this issue.

T90 is obsolete.
It is, specially when you consider the fact that there is little room for modifications. Thats why i hope my guy was wrong about it. It is just the fact that same thing was mentioned by two different people in two diff. organizations. Maybe someone is getting rich?

Hear it once again. There is no room for T90 in PA when AK series and t80uds are there. No negotiations took place on this issue.

T90 is obsolete.
Well considering you want to replace Tanks like T-69 and T-59 I say OPLOT is too good to replace OPLOT should come and will come but not as replacement of older Tanks but a major advance Tank which compliments AL KHALID 1 and AL KHALID II in future and T-90 latest model which ever it is can replace our older Tanks

Given the sheer number of T-59s and al-Zarrar MBTs, I wonder, do they really intend a 1:1 replacement of those tanks with new-gen MBTs? Could a lot of the T-59s be replaced by an IFV fitted with a 105 mm gun?

Given the sheer number of T-59s and al-Zarrar MBTs, I wonder, do they really intend a 1:1 replacement of those tanks with new-gen MBTs? Could a lot of the T-59s be replaced by an IFV fitted with a 105 mm gun?
Sir let say we have around 1500 of those even if we don't go for 1 : 1 still we would have to at least go for 900 to 1000 Tanks and no way we are going to have 900 OPLOT or T-90 only which automatically means we need two major Tanks and yes IFV or Anti Tank weapon like the one Italy has can also come

FFCXANKYKRBUPBCG6JEZMXHJB4.jpg

MBT is basically an offensive weapon platform and used in armored warfare against enemy targets in a conventional warfare. But recent wars have shown that non-conventional threats are popping up in many parts of the world more than conventional warfare threats which demands an MBT to be equipped for urban ops. M1 MBT has TUSK upgrade program for this purpose.

Given the experience of PA operating in COIN ops, PA could have designed the AK-1 or an AK series into an MBT, optimised and suited for urban warfare.

1. An all sides caged armor/slat armor package installed on MBT as an option, instead of ERA.
2. A remote controlled 12.7mm gun.
3. Ammo room for HE rounds and ATGM's instead of SABOT.
4. IBMS to include data entry/collection options incase infantry portable laptop systems are not present.
5. Ability to communicate with a hand operated drone used by supporting infantry unit.
6. Casualty evacuation ability, provided internally or externally.
7. Option for mortar mount (81mm) and operated internally, even if loaded externally after a few rounds. MBT can move out of danger zone and re-load.

Optional SENSORS:

There should be an option of sensors available on customers request, apart from APS(active protection systems), EO, other IR system already installed. The sensors should have easily integrated mounting spots on the MBT.

1. Ground penetrating radar, to detect under ground movement in tunnels.

2. Acoustic sensors (apart from thermal) and other EO sensors. Acoustic-optronics can be used to detect hidden snipers.

3. Sensors to detect under-clothing explosives/weapons from a suitable range.

4. Detection and jamming system (upgradable to latest threats) against modern IED's Hyperspectral and laser to detect difficult targets at mid- and long ranges. In case of obscurants (smoke, dust etc.) a radar sensor can support the optical system.

5. A technology to "see/feel through walls", like Coherent Radar Through Wall System, to detect whats on the other side of walls, like a mone pulse radar system. The drawback of the system was its weight to be carried by soldiers in combat, can now be used in combat installed on MBT.

6. A ground alert sensor, which could instantly get activated as soon as it senses activity (person walking, running, jumping etc) at a distance of 100-1000m meters in a certain direction.

7. A sensor for foliage-penetration, like a UHF pulse Doppler waveforms radar which can detect and track vehicle (up to 6km range) or helicopter (10km) hidden behind a mask or foliage.

8. NBC safety package, to be used in case of biological and nuclear warfare zone, where risk of using infantry is maximum. I think AK-1 is already protected.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom