What's new

Al-Khalid VS EE-T1 Osório

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
EE-t1%2520Osorio_Al%2520Khalid.jpg

I find these two tanks to be strikingly similar, too bad the Osorio [Brazil] never saw production.

EE-T1 Osório

images

Al-Khalid

images

:tup:

EE-t1%2520Osorio_Al%2520Khalid.jpg

I find these two tanks to be strikingly similar, too bad the Osorio never saw production.

EE-T1 Osório

images

Al-Khalid

images

:tup:
The other Tank belongs to which country or which country designed it although no production took place

@Zarvan Its brazillian.
I read it just now on Google Saudi Arabia evaluated it long time ago but they than selected British Challenger 1 but than they went to another Tank

Last edited by a moderator:
@Aeronaut This Brazilian tank even though never saw production for its host country but is still available for sale to third world countries according to wikipedia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find these two tanks to be strikingly similar, too bad the Osorio [Brazil] never saw production.

EE-T1 Osório
images

Al-Khalid
images

Maybe PA should now think of Exports of AK1 to Brazil. some 75-90 M60s are already being slowly withdrawn from service. Should ask Nabil if there is any possibility.

I read it just now on Google Saudi Arabia evaluated it long time ago but they than selected British Challenger 1 but than they went to another Tank

German Leopard 2 which will replace M60 Patton and AMX30.

Maybe PA should now think of Exports of AK1 to Brazil. some 75-90 M60s are already being slowly withdrawn from service. Should ask Nabil if there is any possibility.

Why would they import a similar tank which has already been denied by their defense authority?

German Leopard 2 which will replace M60 Patton and AMX30.
No Sir German Leopard 2 is the really new one and this was around 30 years ago
Sir here is the para
Development started in 1982 and the first prototype was completed in 1985.[1]
The EE-T1 was considered for service with the Saudi Arabian Army. It was evaluated against the French AMX 40, the American M1 Abrams, and the British Challenger 1 and emerged as the winner. The Osorio was quite cheap and affordable while having good results in the trails than the first three MBTs. In September 1989, Saudi Arabia quietly opted for the M1 Abrams instead and only announced its new decision shortly after Iraq invaded neighboring Kuwait, triggering the Persian Gulf War.[2] The two unique prototypes were given to the Brazilian Army as result of Engesa going bankrupt.

Why would they import a similar tank which has already been denied by their defense authority?

EET1-Osorio project ended in 90-91, it would take much time and money to invest in reviving the project.

Govt of Brazil had little support, it was a privately funded project.

EET1-Osorio project ended in 90-91, it would take much time and money to invest in reviving the project.

Govt of Brazil had little support, it was a privately funded project.

They'd have had government support if the tank fit their doctrine, isn't?

leaving the possibility of AK exports to Brazil aside, I don't think they will be making decision on basis on how a particular machine LOOKS and what is resembles to.
:)

Moreover AK production lines are working for PA requirement, making AK-I and also possibilities of AK-II in future.

d

Well actually it won the tender, However because of the Guf-war the Saudis eventually bought the Abrams duo political reasons. It beat Abrams and the Challengers on almost every aspect.

Rejected projects does not necessarily means its a cr@py one in fact some get rejected because "too advance of its time" prime example being YF-23 which got rejected over inferior F-22.

All said and done the project is dead. I do not know if Brazil has any current requirements for Tanks but It seem over all they have a 10-15 [2022-2030] years period to retire majority of their inventory Air Force/Army before new equipment is purchased. Extremely slow in their selection & procurement despite $28B budget.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom