What's new

Al Qaeda's ISIL captures Syrian Army air defence base in Hama,Syria.

Assault Rifle

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant overruns air defense base in Hama.
By BILL ROGGIO September 14, 2013

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, one of two al Qaeda affiliates fighting in Syria, has claimed that it overran an air defense base and ammunition depot in Hama province.

The ISIL said that "hundreds of the men of the Islamic State" attacked the "Air Defense Battalion and the vital depots of 66th Brigade, and tens of checkpoints, villages, and security points that are spread in the eastern countryside of Hama. The group made the claim in an official statement released yesterday on its official Twitter account; the statement was obtained and translated by the SITE Intelligence Group.

The ISIL said that "the soldiers of Allah were able to surprise the enemy from several points in a fashion that it could not imagine, which led to the rapid breakdown of its advanced defenses and the fall of the Air Defense Battalion into the hands of the mujahideen." It claimed that the 66th Brigade's Air Defense Battalion and ammunition depot were overrun after just hours of fighting.

"Its defenses did not last more than a few hours before the total fall of this important site into the hands of the mujahideen of the Islamic State," the group said, according o the SITE translation. The ISIL also claimed that "tens" of Syrian soldiers "fell as dead and wounded and captured in the hands of the mujahideen, in addition to large amounts of weaponry and equipment of different types ...."

The ISIL and the Al Nusrah Front for the People of the Levant, al Qaeda's other official affiliate in Syria, have led the charge to overrun multiple Syrian military bases over the past several years.

In early August, the ISIL, while commanding units from the Free Syrian Army, took control of the Minnigh airbase in Aleppo province. The ISIL sent a BMP armored personnel carrier that was driven by a Saudi suicide bomber into the base. ISIL fighters then stormed the base and killed and captured the remaining Syrian soldiers.

"Multiple units affiliated with the Syrian Military Council," a supposedly secular military command backed by the US, were involved in the assault on the Minnigh airbase , McClatchy reported. Also involved in the fighting were the Al Nusrah Front, and the Muhajireen Army, an al Qaeda-allied unit made up of foreign fighters and Syrian Islamists.

The ISIL and the Al Nusrah Front, despite a recent claim to the contrary, are active on all of the fronts in Syria. The two al Qaeda groups have been at the spearhead of the fighting and have conducted suicide attacks on every front. Attacks by the ISIL and the Al Nusrah Front have been recorded in Damascus, Hama, Homs, Aleppo, Idlib, Raqqah, Deir al Zor, Abu Kamal, Daraa, Hasaka, Latakia, Qusayr, and elsewhere.

While the ISIL is leading the fighting in Syria, it also has reignited the insurgency in Iraq. The ISIL is conducting major suicide attacks, bombings, and assaults against Iraqi security forces, government personnel, and civilians on a daily basis.

For more information on the activities of the ISIL and the Al Nusrah Front in Syria, see Thomas Joscelyn's testimony to the House Committee on Homeland Security: Al Qaeda and the threat in Syria. Just yesterday, the ISIL killed 32 people in a double bombing outside a mosque in Syria. Today, the ISIL killed 21 people in an attack at a funeral in a village just north of Mosul.

Read more: Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant overruns air defense base in Hama - The Long War Journal

@BLACKEAGLE @Yzd Khalifa @Syrian Lion @Hussein @Abii @Serpentine @Arabian Legend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several SA-16 and SA-18 Manpad's and maybe some SA-24's have been captured by ISIL fighters.

@Assault Rifle

This isn't the first time buddy, Al-Nusrah received two shipments from Qatar - was delivered mistakenly to them - and managed to get their hands on three large stocks before.

They cannot use the big air defence systems.

:lol: You know nothing my friend.

@Assault Rifle

This isn't the first time buddy, Al-Nusrah received two shipments from Qatar - was delivered mistakenly to them - and managed to get their hands on three large stocks before.

:lol: You know nothing my friend.

You know nothing either my friend. :lol:

These groups have Palestinian fighters from Gaza who produce their rockets for them and their IED's. They sure know how to use weapon defense systems as well.

Eventually a large amount of the rebel groups will be largely Palestinian. That way if Israel decides to attack Gaza they can open a new front from Syria. The only reason the West and the USA don't want to support the rebels is because a large portion of them are Palestinian. The west has always supported extremists. That's not the issue. The issue is Israel. And considering the many Jewish members in the congress who are hawkish it won't happen.

Al-Nusrah has a few number of Palestinians among their ranks; please keep your fleshy tongue in your mouth. :omghaha:

These groups have Palestinian fighters from Gaza who produce their rockets for them and their IED's. They sure know how to use weapon defense systems as well.

Eventually a large amount of the rebel groups will be largely Palestinian. That way if Israel decides to attack Gaza they can open a new front from Syria. The only reason the West and the USA don't want to support the rebels is because a large portion of them are Palestinian. The west has always supported extremists. That's not the issue. The issue is Israel. And considering the many Jewish members in the congress who are hawkish it won't happen.

Not really. If it were for the Palestinians, then mind asking why the US chose to blacklist Al-Nusrah? LoL. :lol: don't tell me there were Palestinians among them last year :lol:

Al-Nusrah has a few number of Palestinians among their ranks; please keep your fleshy tongue in your mouth. :omghaha:

Not really. If it were for the Palestinians, then mind asking why the US chose to blacklist Al-Nusrah? LoL. :lol: don't tell me there were Palestinians among them last year :lol:

A lot of them are Palestinian, they just work behind the scenes. Like I said, the production of weapons is mostly done by them. And even the other rebel groups have many Palestinians in them.

If you think Saudi people make them up you're wrong, yes some of the frontline fighters are saudi and other gulf arabs but the training, tactics, and weapons production isn't saudi based.

The other rebel groups don't really have any training, besides get a gun practice a few shots and go fight.

This is already acknowledged by syrians everywhere, whether they are from your local community or elsewhere. They know over 40% of the rebels are Palestinian.

I never denied any buddy's involvement; but the context is totally different.

Tell me, what do these Palestinians have to do with capturing Assad's Air defense systems? Nothing.

Did they produce these weapons - The ones we are talking about - or Did Al-Nusrah capture them?

If you think Saudi people make them up you're wrong, yes some of the frontline fighters are saudi and other gulf arabs but the training, tactics, and weapons production isn't saudi based.

I honestly don't know the hell you're talking about :what:
A lot of them are Palestinian, they just work behind the scenes. Like I said, the production of weapons is mostly done by them. And even the other rebel groups have many Palestinians in them.

The other rebel groups don't really have any training, besides get a gun practice a few shots and go fight.

I never denied any buddy's involvement; but the context is totally different.

Tell me, what do these Palestinians have to do with capturing Assad's Air defense systems? Nothing.

Did they produce these weapons - The ones we are talking about - or Did Al-Nusrah capture them?

I honestly don't know the hell you're talking about :what:

I'm talking about the rockets used by the rebels. They were never created by Syrians. Syrians aren't battle hardened, nor they do they have military knowledge, the rebels, besides the defected members.

And the IED's used by them as well. Are created by Palestinians and Iraqi's.

And the weapon Defense systems can be captured by anybody, and there may or may not have been Palestinians among them. That doesn't matter what they capture, it's how they overran the base. With rocket attacks.

You seem to make it like you know what the group is up to as if its a Saudi creation and saudi group but it isn't. Even KSA is against the group. So don't cheer for them they will anti saudi puppet regime too.

I like to have the same thing you put in your hookah, before you penned your reply...

:sleep:

It's really funny that those 'Palestinians' have now became mercenaries and instead of fighting their real enemy, Israel, they have suddenly became so brave and started fighting in Syria, the same country that has helped them so much.

That's why I'm saying my country should be careful in helping different Palestinian groups, some of them, like Hamas are extremely unreliable and no one should be surprised if they bite the hand that has fed them. I wouldn't be surprised too if I see them coming to Iran for 'Jihad' in a likely scenario, just like they helped Saddam Hussein in his war against Iran.

If you follow this path, don't be so wishful to take your land back in another 100 years.

And the reasoning that they have gone to Syria to 'open a new from against Israel from Syria' is just a joke, those terrorists, regardless of nationality have not fired one single bullet towards Israel.

I'm talking about the rockets used by the rebels. They were never created by Syrians. Syrians aren't battle hardened, nor they do they have military knowledge, the rebels, besides the defected members.

And the IED's used by them as well. Are created by Palestinians and Iraqi's.

And the weapon Defense systems can be captured by anybody, and there may or may not have been Palestinians among them. That doesn't matter what they capture, it's how they overran the base. With rocket attacks.

You seem to make it like you know what the group is up to as if its a Saudi creation and saudi group but it isn't. Even KSA is against the group. So don't cheer for them they will anti saudi puppet regime too.

I take your testimony as a badge of honor; this is the first time I hear someone who talks rational that we didn't create X or Y groups.

. I wouldn't be surprised too if I see them coming to Iran for 'Jihad' in a likely scenario, just like they helped Saddam Hussein in his war against Iran.

Does that mean that the Iranian leadership isn't picky much about whom they should/shouldn't support? If they were fighting on Sadam's fronts, you should never support them initially.

I like to have the same thing you put in your hookah, before you penned your reply...

:sleep:

LoL some users :lol:

I take your testimony as a badge of honor; this is the first time I hear someone who talks rational that we didn't create X or Y groups.

Does that mean that the Iranian leadership isn't picky much about whom they should/shouldn't support? If they were fighting on Sadam's fronts, you should never support them initially.

LoL some users :lol:

Not all of them supported Saddam, my point was something else.

It's really funny that those 'Palestinians' have now became mercenaries and instead of fighting their real enemy, Israel, they have suddenly became so brave and started fighting in Syria, the same country that has helped them so much.

That's why I'm saying my country should be careful in helping different Palestinian groups, some of them, like Hamas are extremely unreliable and no one should be surprised if they bite the hand that has fed them. I wouldn't be surprised too if I see them coming to Iran for 'Jihad' in a likely scenario, just like they helped Saddam Hussein in his war against Iran.

If you follow this path, don't be so wishful to take your land back in another 100 years.

And the reasoning that they have gone to Syria to 'open a new from against Israel from Syria' is just a joke, those terrorists, regardless of nationality have not fired one single bullet towards Israel.

Iran knows Bashar and his regime are bad, they've seen it for their own eyes and have urged the Syrian military to avoid atrocities. I've seen documentaries on Iran revolutionary guards in Syria trying to change their methods and trying to win the people.

But, they can't do anything because its in their interests. And don't worry about how we regain our land. Fighting against a dictator won't delay that. It's gonna have to start with the Arabic and Muslim people's. A 1 million population in a tiny strip of surrounded land won't do it alone.

Some defected members have left with the rebels. Most haven't though. That being said, most Palestinians are Palestinians from Syria.

Don't treat liberation as a interests game in which you play the 'if this' game of consequences either. You don't genuinely believe in the liberation of Palestine if you view at as a if blah blah you won't regain your land for a 100 years.

A genuine Muslim genuinely believes in the liberation of Palestine and Jerusalem because God wants to guide us to that and it's an Islamic obligation to believe in it genuinely. It's not an Saudi Arabian or Iranian thing of logistics only.

Back
Top Bottom