What's new

Almost all of the country’s 30 mobile phone assembly units, including three run by foreign brands have shut down in Pakistan

I think the only reason banks would say no to issuing letters, is if these letters are being mis used on a massive scale. And I have seen pak people try thier best to milk the system as best they could.
Ofcourse, banks should have made a list of safe companies who can be issued the letters, but I guess this is too much of a advance thinking for current govt.

Maybe thats how pak bhooj wants to defeat PTI social media. No phones, no internet, no users, keep the country in dark age. Win win for pak bhooj.

Not sure what and who to believe.

We fly with SunExpress to Turkey in Europe. It is a budget airline. In fact I just booked tickets for July. They are pretty decent.

In this case I’d believe VOA and IATA.

Airlines Association Warns Pakistan Over $290 Million in Blocked Funds​

Blocked funds in Pakistan reduce aviation benefits​

Nigera @ $743.7 so Pak is 2nd after that... (still months left? :p ) but you never know when they pull the plug 😭

No matter how lost or how down trodden you are, you can always rise provided you fight for it and have a hard work ethic.
Pakistan can go from Regional power to Great power(Global power) if the stakeholders in our country get their shit together.

If Pakistan could ensure every Pakistani has access to education, fresh water, food, good housing, etc. . Pakistan would quickly rise to the top.

Shabash!!! Mubarak!!

Congratulations to the Establishment, military.

This is their biggest achievement.

While in the other unrelated news, India manufactured $7 billion worth of iPhones last year:

Trucking Startup Backed by Maersk Decides to Exit Pakistan​

• Trella is said to be impacted by nation’s economic conditions
  • Pakistan sees multiple downgrades amid delay in IMF bailout

Trucking startup Trella has decided to wind down its business in Pakistan, exiting an economy going through one of its biggest crises.

The Egypt-based company stopped taking new orders last month, according to two people familiar with the matter. Trella, which raised $42 million in 2021 from investors including the venture arm of A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S, didn’t respond to a request for a comment.

Recent macroeconomic turmoil means Trella’s business there was unsustainable, the people said. The startup, which entered Pakistan in 2020, will retain some staff to assist its operations in Egypt, United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.

Pakistan has incurred multiple downgrades by ratings agencies because of a delay in its loan program with the International Monetary Fund. It has restricted imports because of a dollar shortage, seen its currency drop by a third of its value and almost doubled fuel prices in the past year. All that impacts the trucking business.

Pakistan’s startup economy is also experiencing a funding crunch along with a squeeze in valuations of global technology companies. In the past year, Vitol-backed VavaCars has exited Pakistan, Dubai-based Swvl Holdings paused daily rides, Uber’s Careem suspended food delivery and Airlift, which raised a record $85 million, folded.

While in the other unrelated news, India manufactured $7 billion worth of iPhones last year:

that is going to be $25 billion soon as Apple partially shifts production out of China

Back
Top Bottom