What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Clown , stop trying to defame BAYKAR , BMC , etc
and stop barking AKP , AKP , AKP

ALTAY Tank will have T1 , T-2 , T-3 variants

ALTAY-T3 to match with every Tank in the World ...

Unmanned Turret with Autoloader
Use of main weapons of different types and diameters
low weight
high mobility
Crew Protection Capsule
High power-to-weight ratio
UGV and UAV use
guided munitions capability
Use of dual UKSS
VR Glasses

View attachment 910378
I know you lack brain cells to get this. But there's a reason why Germany didn't try to upgrade the Leopard 2 into KF51 Panther.

Because you can't. Different chassis, different Turret, different tank layout.

I know you lack brain cells to get this. But there's a reason why Germany didn't try to upgrade the Leopard 2 into KF51 Panther.

Because you can't. Different chassis, different Turret, different tank layout.

Kes soytarı işin gücün yapılanları karalamak
başlatma KF-51 ne ezik beyinsiz capulcu sürüsü ... git oy verdigin partinin yaptıgı eşek heykeline tap sizin neyinize teknoloji

KIZILELMAYA da maket diyen ruh hastası ezikler

T-3 will have different unmanned turret , tank layout , 130 mm gun , Beyond Armor Vision System, and many more

Kes soytarı işin gücün yapılanları karalamak
başlatma KF-51 ne ezik beyinsiz capulcu sürüsü ... git oy verdigin partinin yaptıgı eşek heykeline tap sizin neyinize teknoloji

KIZILELMAYA da maket diyen ruh hastası ezikler

T-3 will have different unmanned turret , tank layout , 130 mm gun , Beyond Armor Vision System, and many more

Low self-esteem from living in Germany too long I see.

It will be incredibly difficult and costly to switch the production line from T1 to T3.

T1s will be scrap metal because they won't be able to be upgraded. It's in Turkey's best interest to go straight to T3

New ALTAY tanks will come off the production line in May!​

No, again.

Only two prototypes will be delivered for testing in May. "Weren't prototypes already produced?" you may ask. Previous prototypes were built in accordance with the German power pack.

Anyway, Altay won't come until 2025. Mass production is planned with domestic Batu Power Pack.

I will give you the right news. Do not hold your breath for Altay!

No, again.

Only two prototypes will be delivered for testing in May. "Weren't prototypes already produced?" you may ask. Previous prototypes were built in accordance with the German power pack.

Anyway, Altay won't come until 2025. Mass production is planned with domestic Batu Power Pack.

This is the one with the Korean engine, right?

If I remember correctly, its a Korean Hyundai Engine and a Korean SNT Transmission for initial production, the German MTU Engine and RENK transmission got embargoed over Syrian intervention against the PKK. There is supposed to be a Turkish engine replacement around 2025, haven't heard much details about a Turkish Transmission, so not sure what the timeline for the transmission is, thought there is work being done on it, last I heard there was a British consultancy contract from a transmission manufacturer for design validation and stuff, but didn't hear more news on it afterwards.

2 prototypes to be delivered in May will be delivered without engine. Depending on the situation to be tested, either the Batu or the Korea power pack will be disassembled and installed.

By the way, the domestic transmission was integrated into the Batu engine and is being tested.

From what I understand, the Batu power pack is physically very similar to the Korean power pack. If the Batu power pack fails, mass production will begin with the Korean power pack. And due to the physical similarity between the two power packs, the design of the tank will not change again.

No, again.

I've been saying this for years, this project needs to be cancelled and a new generation tank must be developed.

I said this numerous times since the T-14 Armata came out that that's the best configuration for a modern MBT and we should copy that with the rheinmetall 130mm gun.

Germans did exactly that :D maybe they were reading my forum posts.

I've been saying this for years, this project needs to be cancelled and a new generation tank must be developed.
I agree with you.

If the Batu power pack is miraculously successful (I expect transmission-related problems), the Altay should be redesigned in Armata style with an unmanned turret and that design should be put into mass production. There are many lessons to be learned from the Ukraine war.

Unlike the Armata, I think that instead of a large-caliber gun, all sides of the tank should be covered with thick armor. We can indirectly derive the high firepower provided by the large-caliber gun from autonomous auxiliary elements.

I agree with you.

If the Batu power pack is miraculously successful (I expect transmission-related problems), the Altay should be redesigned in Armata style with an unmanned turret and that design should be put into mass production. There are many lessons to be learned from the Ukraine war.

Unlike the Armata, I think that instead of a large-caliber gun, all sides of the tank should be covered with thick armor. We can indirectly derive the high firepower provided by the large-caliber gun from autonomous auxiliary elements.

If we rely more on hardkill systems, we can shed a lot of weight and drop to around 45-50 tons which would reduce the need for a 1500hp engine. T-14 is much lighter and KF-51 is even lighter than that IIRC. But nevertheless, Altay should have been cancelled in 2017. We're too slow to make these decisions because of political implications. Because AKP can't afford a "failure" and lose votes I guess.

I'm definitely not enjoying this highly politicized management of the defence industry. It's harmful and it makes us miss the big picture.

We're too slow to make these decisions because of political implications. Because AKP can't afford a "failure" and lose votes I guess.

I'm definitely not enjoying this highly politicized management of the defence industry. It's harmful and it makes us miss the big picture.
I agree again.

I think the Altay project we know died a long time ago. The AKP administration made almost every mistake written in the book in this project. I think the few power packs from Korea are coming just for election propaganda. As you said, the Altay Project is one of the most politically sensitive issues for the AKP. Others are Syrian refugees and the economy.

In my eyes, the AKP will only be cleared of the Altay disgrace under one condition. If the domestic Batu power pack is successful.

If the domestic power pack is successful, Altay should be redesigned in the style I mentioned above and mass production should begin with that design.

If the Batu power pack is not successful, I think mass production will not be able to start even with the Korean power pack. It would not be difficult to convince Korea for the USA, which ensures that Germany does not give a power package.

I think the Altay project we know died a long time ago. The AKP administration made almost every mistake written in the book in this project. I think the few power packs from Korea are coming just for election propaganda. As you said, the Altay Project is one of the most politically sensitive issues for the AKP. Others are Syrian refugees and the economy.
I remember many years ago,Turks on the internet would go like "Haha Turkiye have Altay,F-35 and S-400 bye bye Greece!!"
And the tank kept dragging on and on and on. And then no F-35 and then suddenly,instead of Altay,the UCAVs appeared.

All that bragging on Youtube and Facebook...others were comparing the Altay with the Leopard 2A6 HEL. And now,Korean power packs,but people like the salesman will always talk loudly about Batu power packs and super projects. While of course blaming the others "stupid Germans,stupid Koreans no give technology"...and then bragging "haha we make it ourselves only".

Realy mentality ill People who says everything is AKP propaganda
They can attack only ALTAY Tank ..
on the other hand 756 projects of 757 led by ERDOGAN between 2003 and 2023

BMC POWER 1.000 hp and 1.500 hp Engines to power FIRTINA Howitzer and ALTAY Tank in 2025

And waiter Foinikas dreaming about 170 Leopard2HEL6 with tiny weak Greek Army which can not stop even 60 km ALPAGUT kamikaze Drones ( IIR+TV .. 11 kg warhead to turn enemy Tanks into crap of metal )

even I am not talking about 40km TRLG-122 and 70 km TRLG-230 laser guided MLRS to hit even moving Tanks

also land based 40 km KUZGUN-KY and 180 km KUZGUN-TJ missiles are on the way to hit even moving Tanks

even I am not talking about 250+ UCAVs

Greek Tanks can not even reach to fight Turkish Army

Turkish Army has enough Tanks to wait for more 2-3 years for mass production of ALTAY

M60TM and Leopard2 Tanks to be modernized ...

even M60TM is better than Leopard2HEL6 in urban warfare

what about Greek Army Leopard-2HEL Tanks ?

NO hard kill Active Protection System
NO Close Range Surveillance System
NO Telescopic Periscope System
NO Beyond Armor Vision System
NO Remote Weapon Platform

Turkish Army modernized M-60TM Tanks have superior capability

German MTU Engine and RENK 304S Transmission
İsraeli 120 mm Gun , RWR/IR warning systems from the Merkava IV Tank

-- Volkan-M new generation Fire Control System
-- Tank Command Control Combat Information System
-- New Explosive Reactive Armor ERA
-- The hybrid electric and hydraulic system
-- Tank Laser Warning System (TLUS)
-- Tank Driver Vision System (TDVS)
-- Fire Suppression System
-- Smoke Grenade Launchers
-- Air Conditioning System
-- Auxiliary Power Unit and Audible Warning System
-- 12,7mm SARP Stabilized Advanced Remote Weapon Platform
-- PULAT hard kill Active Protection System

Close Range Surveillance System (YAMGÖZ)
Telescopic Periscope System (TEPES)
Interior Primer Protection (SPALL LINER)
Beyond Armor Vision System ( BITES )

What a technology ...

We prefer Turkish M60TM Tank instead of Greek Leopard2HEL Tank for urban warfare

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom