What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Who says the engine issue is resolved the first sanction Europe will resort to is engines again.

We have to find something else than the German powerpack, it's a fuckin shame that it is still not resolved after almost 10 years. Decision makers have turned the Altay into a laughing stock

Who says the engine issue is resolved the first sanction Europe will resort to is engines again.

We have to find something else than the German powerpack, it's a fuckin shame that it is still not resolved after almost 10 years. Decision makers have turned the Altay into a laughing stock

Why not just work with the Chinese on a engine JV? Instead wasting time for so long.

There are rumors that altay serial production-low- will be start soon ,I think with korean engine.German firms always find an indirect solution to the problems they face to sell their products

There are rumors that altay serial production-low- will be start soon ,I think with korean engine.German firms always find an indirect solution to the problems they face to sell their products

Is the factory ready?

Is the engine issue only problem that prevents production? What about transmission and the gun? All are from Germany. (May be some more stuff)

They are just gonna make 5 with existing MTU engines and say serial production has started. Then we're gonna wait again for the new engine, maybe a couple fo years.

They are just gonna make 5 with existing MTU engines and say serial production has started. Then we're gonna wait again for the new engine, maybe a couple fo years.

According to rumors a new engine has been tested for 3 months and finished its testing and they intend to produce the Altay with the new engine. What engine it is, we can only guess.

Is the engine issue only problem that prevents production? What about transmission and the gun? All are from Germany. (May be some more stuff)
gun is MKEK made and no problem with it, licence is already bought long time ago.

Maybe you're right but then maybe you're completely wrong so why all those speculations and rumors?
You, as all other as well me incl, have absolutely no idea what engine it is so why just not wait till it's presented?
I don't understand the need to speculate so much, nobody here is a insider so nobody knows what's really going on backstage. Just wait till official info is out, it is so simple.

Back
Top Bottom