What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

there are so many things that he write wrong there..
I agree; I do not know which one to disagree first. At the first video he says the canon armor(right translation??) size but all the things he disagrees is about mass. He can see the two dimentional size(not depth) from photos and videos and have no idea about mass. He insists about size disadvantages and tells mass disadvantages.

Video insists on engineering flaws without any technical background or analisys or calculations. At the same time video says those are reviews of "Tank experts" who are obviously absent.

"In order to bypass German export license restrictions, the South Korean companies will “de-Germanize” some German components in the power pack, sources familiar with the Altay program have said."

Unreliable Korean powerpack gets even more unreliable. Transmission by S&T dyanmics was not accepted by South Korean Army because it failed to go through rigorous testing & high standards set by them. Military is all about reliability & truthworthiness. It seems like high-ups in the Turkish government got desperate and decided to take their chance at employing Korean Powerpack even though it might mean they would have a transmission that fails during critical operations. Turkey may hope to get technologies behind of powerpack by reverse-engineering both engine & transmission or even ToT, but I am not sure how much they could learn from Korea who has a barely working powerpack.

However, this may be better than nothing for those who have a vested interest in manufacturing of Altay at any cost...including national security.

"In order to bypass German export license restrictions, the South Korean companies will “de-Germanize” some German components in the power pack, sources familiar with the Altay program have said."

Unreliable Korean powerpack gets even more unreliable. Transmission by S&T dyanmics was not accepted by South Korean Army because it failed to go through rigorous testing & high standards set by them. Military is all about reliability & truthworthiness. It seems like high-ups in the Turkish government got desperate and decided to take their chance at employing Korean Powerpack even though it might mean they would have a transmission that fails during critical operations. Turkey may hope to get technologies behind of powerpack by reverse-engineering both engine & transmission or even ToT, but I am not sure how much they could learn from Korea who has a barely working powerpack.

However, this may be better than nothing for those who have a vested interest in manufacturing of Altay at any cost...including national security.

The transmission job is terrifying. It was said that BMC works with the British for the gearbox, but I don't know how a useful gearbox will come out soon. In addition, if we could reverse engineer the engines, we would do it for the ones who bought it, when you need any technical support, you can ask for it from Doosan, you do not buy 5th generation aircraft technology. These engines cannot be used anywhere other than these platforms and a few marine type areas. From the very beginning, I didn't understand why they didn't work together. Likewise, the BMC started testing 1000 HP Utku Powerpack's vehicle for T155 Fırtına, and Korea wants to develop the same type of engine for the K9. Total waste of money.

+ Altay is heavier than K2. I hope there will be no problems

They completely ruin the Altay project. My question is; where the f*ck is the IFV procecurements?

TuAF lacking pilots and fighters,
TN lacking ships and f35B
TLF lacking modern tanks and IFV..

They completely ruin the Altay project. My question is; where the f*ck is the IFV procecurements?

TuAF lacking pilots and fighters,
TN lacking ships and f35B
TLF lacking modern tanks and IFV..
You are a troll, not a good intended commenter here. The Turkish army is at full capacity in every field and many projects continue perfect. And The F-35s are also garbage for us too. Only those who want to keep us dependent to America want this garbage F-35, trojen.

1615467916229.png

seems like AKKOR APS is ready after 10+ years of work, then Turkey enters in a group of countries that has developed 2 different active protection system , other Turkish APS PULAT is in use now.

You are a troll, not a good intended commenter here. The Turkish army is at full capacity in every field and many projects continue perfect. And The F-35s are also garbage for us too. Only those who want to keep us dependent to America want this garbage F-35, trojen.
Your profilepicture says many words. Sana fazla zamanimi harcamam.

Why not work with Ukraine? I am sure they have better experience than South Korea.

no alternative. this or the italian motor.
Why not work with Ukraine? I am sure they have better experience than South Korea.
they dont want to work with us maybe. turkish government has explored ukraine.

America has enormous influence over Ukraine. Turkey is under CAATSA because bought S-400 from Russia. America won't allow Ukraine to cooperate with Turkey.

Why is a NATO ally Turkey under CAATSA and India not subject to that law?

Back
Top Bottom