What's new

Alternate history, Mughal empire still surviving

True Aurangzeb alone was responsible for its downfall... If he had made peace with marathas, his treasury would not have got dried, and peace would have been ensured... He went after Sikh gurus to earn their enimity...

He imprisoned his own child who died inside the prison and never trusted any of his sons. He incited intolerance against Hindus and Sikhs. Perfect recipe for disaster. His deccan campaign made his kingdom bankrupt.

I think more realistically, had British not intervened/invaded the sub-continent, then present day Pakistan/Afghanistan and Indian Punjab and Indian Kashmir would have been part of the Sikh empire, while everything else (India + BD) would have become part of the Maratha empire. The Mughal empire had disintegrated in front of the Marathas and Sikhs well before the British came.

Since we are talking about alternate history here, I would like to add that the map presented in the OP would have been what India would look like anyways had the 1946 Cabinet mission plan been accepted. So its not like it would need Mughal rule to look like that, it could look like that as a democratic secular unit had the Cabinet Mission Plan been accepted in 1946.

I think that India would have remained fragmented barring a very strong leader in one of the competeing kingdoms (ala Attila or Ghengis). Trouble with powerful regions surrounded by weaker powers is they turn on themselves, until an outside unified organised power sweeps over them.

Alternate history is for people living in alternate worlds..

I guess these Bengalis consider themselves equal Mughal as their previous western counterparts think.. Every kid roaming on the street may not be able to tell his name but he will say "I am Mughal"

Alternate worlds? LOL - I have written a book set in alternate history - pick it up from Flipkart and tell me if I live in an alternate world :)

^^ what Shivaji Maharaj was doing was affecting other peoples too

Chatrasaal bundela revolted against mughals

Maharaja Rajsingh was already headache for mughals

so Aurangzeb's move to invade marathas was right

Was it??

He brought 500,000+ people including soldiers, logistics, etc into the Deccan. And waged the longest war in recorded history in India. This drained the Mughal empires treasury.

He couldn't find a diplomatic solution?

I think that India would have remained fragmented barring a very strong leader in one of the competeing kingdoms (ala Attila or Ghengis). Trouble with powerful regions surrounded by weaker powers is they turn on themselves, until an outside unified organised power sweeps over them.

The Sikhs at their peak were already ruling most of Pakistan and Afghanistan after the fall of the Mughals. The Marathas had become a pretty strong power in the Indian region, pretty much having captured most of current India (and considering that they were on the rise, would have probably gone on to expand more had the British not intervened and colonized India).

What would have been an interesting situation which could have happened is that Marathas once they capture all of India would probably have gone to war with the Sikh empire which controlled Punjab, Kashmir and rest of Afghan/Pak. Perhaps this would have been for who would be the strongest empire in the subcontinent or something, but that is all my imagination running wild :P

This is what the Marathas looked like in their peak:
maratha-empire-in-1760-the-last-hindu-empire.gif

Was it??

He brought 500,000+ people including soldiers, for linguistics, etc into the Deccan. And waged the longest war in recorded history in India. This drained the Mughal empires treasury.

He couldn't find a diplomatic solution?

he was very cunning person and emperor

he must have planned invasion of marathas with utmost care and preparation

He was, but I think he under estimated what he was dealing with. And didn't clean everything up.

He relied on brute strength, which won him many of the battles, but not the war.

The point we are trying to make is that he (Aurangzeb) was very unpopular among the people, unlike his pre-predecessors' like Akbar and so on. He killed Sikh's Guru, destroyed Hindu temples, tried to invade the Marathas and the Deccans. In short, pissed off too many people, which eventually led to the downfall of his empire.

He was, but I think he under estimated what he was dealing with. And didn't clean everything up.

He relied on brute strength, which won him many of the battles, but not the war.

well he did not account for Shivaji..who kicked the $hit out of mughal forces..

And after this in the year 2013 all the mughal kings go crazy and handover the entire country in my hands and i become the evil jobless hopeless queen of the 1 billion jobless hopeless people but then they will have toilets...

No. The Concept of Hindu Nation(India aka Bharat) was Already Established under the Marathas.

Also the Indian Navy was Established Before who Won Many Naval Wars against the Europeans and the Arabs.

Maratha Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hindavi Swarajya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So far the discussions are going in a positive flow. I hope this does not end up into a troll thread.

we will leave it and they are gonna troll each other as I can smell the trend....

Back
Top Bottom