What's new

Amazons The Lord of the Rings to be the largest and most expensive television series ever made

I am anxiously looking forward to this series. As a Tolkien fan of course I want to see more LOTR material. I am anxious however because I feel Amazon in order to cater the series to as broad an audience as possible will lose the essence of the world Tolkien created. As some of you have already pointed out, no Tolkien fan wants to see nudity/sex scenes. The lack of source material on the second age means the creators will take greater freedoms with this series. More likely than not this will not be to the liking of hardcore Tolkien fans like myself.

There are rumors of woke elements being woven into the storylines, I hope they aren't going to butcher Tolkien the same way that Star Trek, Star Wars any other franchises have gone.

There are rumors of woke elements being woven into the storylines, I hope they aren't going to butcher Tolkien the same way that Star Trek, Star Wars any other franchises have gone.
Lol... imagine Isildur a bisexual, Numenoreans die because they were anti LGBTQ+++, the whole campaign against Saroun led by a female.

Or better still, turn some characters into females for equality sake and ruin it like ghost busters, Oceans series, etc.

Wow, that sounds so exciting... I always wanted to see a series created on few novels , games and movies and LOTR is one of them..

LOTR
Witcher ( already running )
Metro ( Game ) I really want to see the Metro storyline turned into a series
Witcher Season 2 is gonna be awesome. Can't wait. There's a movie of some sorts coming to Netflix.

Lol... imagine Isildur a bisexual, Numenoreans die because they were anti LGBTQ+++, the whole campaign against Saroun led by a female.

Or better still, turn some characters into females for equality sake and ruin it like ghost busters, Oceans series, etc.
Aaargh, you just know it's coming.Trans elves, non-binary balrogs, dragons lives matter......

the effects in the latest trailer does look good but I don't get "lotr feeling" to be honest
it looked more like a teenage drama
we'll see how it turns out

It's going to be a politically correct,SJW thing.

There's already black dwarves,black men and latino elves.

In fact,one of the characters is a single mother who works as a "healer" and falls in love with a male elf,played by a latino/black actor.

That is the destruction of Tolkien's works.

No amount of amazing effects and landscapes can fix a politically driven story.

Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 11-07-16 Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ Series Rises Inside ‘The Rings ...png
Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 11-09-07 Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ Series Rises Inside ‘The Rings ...png

It's going to be a politically correct,SJW thing.

There's already black dwarves,black men and latino elves.

In fact,one of the characters is a single mother who works as a "healer" and falls in love with a male elf,played by a latino/black actor.

That is the destruction of Tolkien's works.

No amount of amazing effects and landscapes can fix a politically driven story.

View attachment 864559View attachment 864561

I agree - too woke - and breaks some of the world established by Tolkien... they should have stayed true to original world and developed a narrartive within that world.

Here in the UK - there was a TV series that had a black actress play Anne Boleyn.. i refused to watch it on principle... Anne Boleyn was white - i know she was, as does my brain - so the world would feel wrong to me.

Hopefully this woke crap LOTR crashes and burns ....

I agree - too woke - and breaks some of the world established by Tolkien... they should have stayed true to original world and developed a narrartive within that world.

Here in the UK - there was a TV series that had a black actress play Anne Boleyn.. i refused to watch it on principle... Anne Boleyn was white - i know she was, as does my brain - so the world would feel wrong to me.

Hopefully this woke crap LOTR crashes and burns ....
And one about Robin Hood I think,where they had a latina woman and a black character too? And the whole BBC Troy thing where more than half the Achaeans(mainland Greeks) and Trojans were black.

It's unbelievably offensive. Because Tolkien made this world in a specific way for a specific reason. There are other fantasy worlds where they could have black elves and blue elves and homosexual dwarves or whatever they want,but it's disrespect to change Tolkien's works like that!

Back
Top Bottom