What's new

American-born Eileen Gu wins Olympic gold medal for China

faithfulguy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Eileen Gu won gold in free skiing big air. Starting her march toward three gold medal.

Just see it on TV so I’ll provide the link later.

BEIJING, China — American-born Eileen Gu of China cranked out the first 1620 of her career on her final jump, stunning France’s Tess Ledeux and earning the first of what she hopes will be three gold medals in women’s freestyle big air.
Nicknamed the “Snow Princess,” Gu is among the biggest local names at the Beijing Games. She’s a medal favorite in big air, slopestyle and halfpipe. Her first stab at gold came down to the last round.

Ledeux is the only other woman to ever land a 1620 -- 4 ½ spins -- in competition, and she stomped one out with a slight wobble on the landing in Round 1.
Gu hinted after qualifying Monday that she might be able to match Ledeux. With everything on the line, she did.
The 18-year-old from San Francisco shrieked when she landed the jump, then dropped to her knees when her score of 94.50 was announced.
Ledeux tried to improve on her second run in Round 3, coming into the jump backward for a switch 1440. She was shaky on the landing, though, clearing the way for Gu’s gold.

Last edited:
This will cause some butthurt in the US as she is a defector:lol:

I don't even know who the fk she is, and neither do most americans who are even less plugged in about the olympics much less follow skiing. lol, right now the news gossip story americans are discussing is the Joe Rogan BS.

I guess she made a business decision, good luck to her. She is probably more marketable in china as a medalist than as an american in a niche sport when there isn't a shortage of medalists for the US. China was 16th in the Medal count in 2018, with only 1 gold medal, compared to the US which won around 10 gold medals in the winter olympics which again not many people follow.

I don't even know who the fk she is
OK, the most important person in this world has just spoken.

200.gif

I am concern about her safety if stay decide to go back USA for her career and training.

Anyway, her training , her education and everything are not paid by US government. USA shall be grateful for her contribution of US economy with her paying her training in ski and education in USA.

I am concern about her safety if stay decide to go back USA for her career and training.

Anyway, her training , her education and everything are not paid by US government. USA shall be grateful for her contribution of US economy with her paying her training in ski and education in USA.
If I were her, I'd seriously rethink going back to the US. It just seems like she is kind of naive or oblivious as to how monumental her decision was. Her mother is completely detached from American culture and on top of that lives in San Francisco, a liberal bubble, so they just seem clueless.

She could be killed by those Asian hate crime perpetrators.

US is very dangerous country. That whole country is falling apart.

If she gave up her citizenship how can she go back. She'll have to get in line like everybody else.

Back
Top Bottom