What's new

America's dominance is over. By 2030, we'll have a handful of global powers

India isn't now. Neither is China for that matter.

But considering the growth of our economy and our increasing military budget we would be able to achieve that by 2040. China would be able to achieve that before 2025.

You presume that Pakistan's size allows it to. That is irrelevant. Size geographical or demographical is irrelevant.

Economic size is relevant. Pakistan would not be able to achieve Great military for an extremely long time to come if ever.
That is not the case with India.

:lol:

size isn't irrelevant at all.

When you compare a force with similar levels of training, experience, and weapons--size do matter. Yeah, U.S vs Iraq--size barely matters.

And no, india won't be great military power if by same metric Pakistan isn't. Despite the wet dreams of gullibe indians--Pakistan and indian military strength goes hand in hand in terms of relevant capabilities, training regimes for troops, weapons deployed, and may be officers quality as well (india is catching up, finally)...So if india becomes a great military power by 2040--so will Pakistan, if not by 2040--then by 2045-50.

A country with nearly 1 million men extremely well trained standing military, armed to teeth with modern tanks, jets, cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, submarines, and an ability to launch strikes pretty much anywhere is a great military power by default.

Unless offcourse you think by 2040, india will somehow become as capable as U.S with ability to fight prolonged and sustained ground wars on MASSIVE level for decades across Oceans...india and Pakistan are and will be in similar military league in future..

Anything else is just wet dreaming by gullible indians

And no, india won't be great military power if by same metric Pakistan isn't. Despite the wet dreams of gullibe indians--Pakistan and indian military strength goes hand in hand in terms of relevant capabilities, training regimes for troops, weapons deployed, and may be officers quality as well (india is catching up, finally)...So if india becomes a great military power by 2040--so will Pakistan, if not by 2040--then by 2045-50.

A country with nearly 1 million men extremely well trained standing military, armed to teeth with modern tanks, jets, cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, submarines, and an ability to launch strikes pretty much anywhere is a great military power by default.

Unless offcourse you think by 2040, india will somehow become as capable as U.S with ability to fight prolonged and sustained ground wars on MASSIVE level for decades across Oceans...india and Pakistan are and will be in similar military league in future..

Anything else is just wet dreaming by gullible indians
Except yours is a very simplistic view. Born out of nothing except the single point desire to show Pakistan as an equal to India. This is my last post to you on the issue. Take it or leave it as per your wish. Arguing on an online forum beyond a point is a waste of my time certainly and your time potentially.

Your thinking is limited to tanks, jets, ballistic missiles and in Pakistan's case Diesel powered submarines (SSK) armed with nuclear payload capable cruise missiles. These do not make a Great Military power unless you also couple it with

1. Strategic lift capabilities - Sea/Air/Land
2. Mechanized and heli lifted Exped forces of a certain size

There is a reason India is investing in LPD's, Aircraft Carriers, nuclear(propulsion) boats, AAW destroyers, floating docks or an entire expeditionary Corps(we are calling it by other names obviously).

They are practically redundant against Pakistan seeing as Pakistan is India's immediate neighbour. Therefore, there must be a reason why India is building these at obnoxious costs.

Each unit of these categories costs over a billion US dollars. These things don't come cheap and they have a massive lead time in getting operational.

Couple this with strategic heavy air lift abilities being obtained by purchase of C-17's and a massive purchase of other transporters.

Even after getting delivered it takes a decade of operational experience to be able to utilize these assets with any degree of success at wartime.

None of these things are being purchased or built by Pakistan now or even on their horizon in their near future. The reason is simple - cost.
Pakistan does not need any of these to fight a war against India. Pakistan would like to have them IF they could afford it. They simply can't.

Israel has all the requisite things you mention - Tanks, SSK Submarines with nuclear tipped cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, jets, an entire country of military reserves at its beck and all. Furthermore, it is extremely well entrenched in global trade landscape and absolutely invaluable in cutting edge tech and research. Yet it is not a Global military power.

Lastly, this is way out in the future - atleast 2 decades ahead - and no country is admitting it openly but it is clearly visible to all the major countries of the world -but you can count on the fact that the next big race amongst countries is going to be over colonizing land and mine on other planets.

The making of the next major military power will start in space. There is a reason why there is a new space race and why every country worth its salt is investing in space again in the name of research- even the poor ones like India. Or ones with zero scientific or industrial base like UAE. These are the building blocks of where the next great game will be. We all know it. And you are not prepared in any shape and size for this.

As I said in my initial post. Pakistan is unlikely to become a global military power anytime in the foreseeable future if ever.

Last edited:
under ideal conditions it will happen. but what about dirty games some nations play?
for example a short war in south east china sea by someone using someone.
ino pak war. a short war even may do worst to india and pakistan. russia us confrontation in syria.
all of these three are possibilities if you just look at the history of modern world influence war.

Except yours is a very simplistic view. Born out of nothing except the single point desire to show Pakistan as an equal to India. This is my last post to you on the issue. Take it or leave it as per your wish. Arguing on an online forum beyond a point is a waste of my time certainly and your time potentially.

Your thinking is limited to tanks, jets, ballistic missiles and in Pakistan's case Diesel powered submarines (SSK) armed with nuclear payload capable cruise missiles. These do not make a Great Military power unless you also couple it with

1. Strategic lift capabilities - Sea/Air/Land
2. Mechanized and heli lifted Exped forces of a certain size

There is a reason India is investing in LPD's, Aircraft Carriers, nuclear(propulsion) boats, AAW destroyers, floating docks or an entire expeditionary Corps(we are calling it by other names obviously).

They are practically redundant against Pakistan seeing as Pakistan is India's immediate neighbour. Therefore, there must be a reason why India is building these.

Each unit of these categories costs over a billion US dollars. These things don't come cheap and they have a massive lead time in getting operational.

Couple this with strategic heavy air lift abilities being obtained by purchase of C-17's and a massive purchase of other transporters.

Even after getting delivered it takes a decade of operational experience to be able to utilize these assets with any degree of success at wartime.

None of these things are being purchased or built by Pakistan now or even on their horizon in their near future. The reason is simple - cost.
Pakistan does not need any of these to fight a war against India. Pakistan would like to have them IF they could afford it. They simply can't.

Israel has all the requisite things you mention - Tanks, SSK Submarines with nuclear tipped cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, jets, an entire country of military reserves at its beck and all. Further it is extremely well entrenched in global technological landscape and invaluable in emerging tech trade. Yet it is not a Global military power.

Lastly, this is way out in the future - atleast 2 decades ahead - and no country is admitting it openly but it is clearly visible to all the major countries of the world -but you can count on the fact that the next big race amongst countries is going to be over colonizing land and mine on other planets.

The making of the next major military power will start in space. There is a reason why there is a new space race and why every country worth its salt is investing in space again in the name of research- even the poor ones like India. Or ones with zer scientific or industrial base like UAE. These are the building blocks of where the next great game will be. We all know it. And you are not prepared in any shape and size for this.

As I said in my initial post. Pakistan is unlikely to become a global military power anytime in the foreseeable future if ever.
even if pakistan is 6,7 times smaller in terms of economy at 2030 will mean india influence in the region is still zero bta lul.

Japan has older and stagnant population, and their economic growth rate is near zero. Yes, India may not grow at 7% for over next 10 years, but indications show that India can grow at over 7% for over 10 years. India and China were the two largest economies in the world for most of the human history. Both slumped around 1800's, when western world took over the east because of Industrialization and colonization. It is due that India and China reclaim their pre 1800's position

Never heard of a country called India before 1947. Before the British it was mughals. My ancestors are the mughals.

India does not have two important factors that will not allow it to be great power for a long time. 1. Military industry/capability

2. Influence around the world, be it religious, be it ethnic or similar. I can't think of an instance where e.g a middle eastern nation, a balkan nation, an African country giving India a military base.

Never heard of a country called India before 1947. Before the British it was mughals. My ancestors are the mughals.

India is ancient country and the only country with civilizational continuity. Our Hindu religion is 6000 years old, one of the oldest religions of the world. The term Indology is study on India -ancient, medieval, modern times. In all top Universities across the world from Harvards to Oxfords offer MA in Indology. If want me to recommend books on India by international experts, I will be glad to recommend.

India is ancient country and the only country with civilizational continuity. Our Hindu religion is 6000 years old, one of the oldest religions of the world. The term Indology is study on India -ancient, medieval, modern times. In all top Universities across the world from Harvards to Oxfords offer MA in Indology. If want me to recommend books on India by international experts, I will be glad to recommend.
I do not think that Bharat is the ONLY one with a civilizational continuity.

I would say that is China.

In China we use Mandarin Chinese to communicate for people from different part of China while India English. I don't think English is part of Indian civilization.

I don't understand your logic? But majority of Northern India speaks Hindi. Meanwhile southern speaks Telugu, Malayalam, Tamil etc.. though most of us know Hindi and English .

I would say that is China.

In China we use Mandarin Chinese to communicate for people from different part of China while India English. I don't think English is part of Indian civilization.

Oh ! Common . There are over 20+ Indo Aryan and 16+ Dravidian languages in India and we use them not English .

Most spoken languages

01 Mandarin
02 Spanish
03 English
04 Hindi
07 Bengali
10 Punjabi

Both China and India have continuity to their civilizations . We are old civilizations .

Some one needs Unbiased History lessons .

Greeks were the first one to name this part of World " India " ( which happened Before Christ ). The name reentered English in 17th century .

Mughals called their empire Hindustan .

India does not have two important factors that will not allow it to be great power for a long time. 1. Military industry/capability

2. Influence around the world, be it religious, be it ethnic or similar. I can't think of an instance where e.g a middle eastern nation, a balkan nation, an African country giving India a military base.
Right on the first count. Wrong on the second.

1. We currently have very little by way of an MIC. But that is very rapidly changing now. That is because our private sector has only now been allowed to get involved in this sector.

This last year, India's military exports jumped 600%. And this is just the first year after defense sector is being allowed in.

https://sputniknews.com/asia/201610121046274139-india-arms-exports/

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...dian-defence-exports/articleshow/51592878.cms

2. On your second issue. India already has military base in Central Asia - Tajikistan. And apart from that, India is already being offered military bases by multiple countries ranging from East Asia to West Asia.
Our current economic and military industrial capability implies that we donot take up these offers. But as our economy grows and so does our MIC, these factors will rapidly melt away.

The world need a police,to be honest,USA do its job well in most of time,even if try all hard to contain China&russia.
Talking about global power,china we are not intend to it.it is job of USA/Russia/India,you can compete for it.we just want to develop our country and countries who need&ask our help.
But whoever work as the police should know the rules clearly.

Last edited:
Before I joined the USAF in 1983, I read many analysts, Americans, Soviets, Europeans, and Asians, who predicted that by the late 1980s, the Soviet economy will be the largest in the world.
You make that up to suit your agenda, is it? :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom