What's new

An American Soldier, who happens to be Muslim

by usa law, he can refuse to fight, if his religious feelings are in way..

I would never trust him. Just look at that U.S muslim soldier who went on a mass murder rampage at a U.S base

I would never trust him. Just look at that U.S muslim soldier who went on a mass murder rampage at a U.S base
You are an idiot categorizing all muslims in the US military to be against their country. Such a xenophobe and racist you are, have some shame.

You are an idiot categorizing all muslims in the US military to be against their country. Such a xenophobe and racist you are, have some shame.

He is generalizing, yes, but it is perfectly understandable.

How else do you explain, for example, half of US based Pakistanis here on PDF who most of the time pray or dream of the collapse of the US or Western world's economies?

The fear is not completely unfounded. Muslims also have had their role to play in this 'Islamophobia'.

I always had suspicions that you are a Islamophobic Bigot.You just proved it.

I am not islamophobic nor am i a bigot.

But considering islamic beliefs, and the fact that U.S and other countries are battling an islamic force, distrusting a muslim soldier within ranks wouldn't be inappropriate at all.

History has proven this.
Fort hood massacure by a muslim soldier.
Afghan national army soldiers turning on coalition soldiers etc.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I never said that. Don't put words into my mouth.

I said i personally wouldn't trust him considering past events and what his religion teaches (muslims whouldn't fight other muslims) any muslim in the U.S army could turn like the guy at fort hood.

Also just for the record, islam is not a race. So don't bother going on the whole "racist" thing.

There are perhaps thousands of Muslims in U.S. armed forces, just as there are Christians in Pakistan's armed forces.

What goes over everyone's head is the notion that guys like him understand that we are not at war with Islam, we are at war with murdering terrorists. But I understand it is wildly popular to assume that the U.S. is fighting Islam.

If that were the case, why do we have Muslim chaplains?

scr_080829-A-8273T-020eda.jpg

The fact that we were fighting Christian Germans in WW2 didn't stop Christian U.S. soldiers from pulling the trigger. This current conflict is not a religious war, never was.

I am not islamophobic nor am i a bigot.

But considering islamic beliefs, and the fact that U.S and other countries are battling an islamic force, distrusting a muslim soldier within ranks wouldn't be inappropriate at all.

History has proven this.
Fort hood massacure by a muslim soldier.
Afghan national army soldiers turning on coalition soldiers etc.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I never said that. Don't put words into my mouth.

I said i personally wouldn't trust him considering past events and what his religion teaches (muslims whouldn't fight other muslims) any muslim in the U.S army could turn like the guy at fort hood.

Also just for the record, islam is not a race. So don't bother going on the whole "racist" thing.

Just because one guy went on a rampage does not mean all Muslims in the US Armed Forces are violent psychopaths hell-bent on killing their comrades. Or that guy who hurled grenades at some camp during the early phases of the Iraq War.

In war, one must trust their comrades with their lives regardless of religion. Are you supposing that they get themselves killed due to mistrust over one's religion? My, my...

There are Christians and Sikhs in Pakistan's Armed Forces. I have known many Buddhists in Hindus in my country's armed forces as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Though I respect your view (considering that everyone is free to have one's own.) But if you allow, we can't question someone's honesty based on their religion.

Nice day!

This reminds me a bit of a Jew that I went to university who was anti zionist. You do get individuals out there that have contradictory views, But I personally would find it very difficult to be in American armed forces and be a muslim

There are perhaps thousands of Muslims in U.S. armed forces, just as there are Christians in Pakistan's armed forces.

What goes over everyone's head is the notion that guys like him understand that we are not at war with Islam, we are at war with murdering terrorists. But I understand it is wildly popular to assume that the U.S. is fighting Islam.

If that were the case, why do we have Muslim chaplains?

scr_080829-A-8273T-020eda.jpg

The fact that we were fighting Christian Germans in WW2 didn't stop Christian U.S. soldiers from pulling the trigger. This current conflict is not a religious war, never was.
No! No! ...this war is to capture the countries for the world to control their resources, either they Muslim countries or Christian or African.....US wants to rob everyone of them in the 3rd world countries........:eek:

No! No! ...this war is to capture the countries for the world to control their resources, either they Muslim countries or Christian or African.....US wants to rob everyone of them in the 3rd world countries........:eek:

Good point and true but at the moment the thrust of their attack seems to coincidently on muslim land resources

Back
Top Bottom