What's new

An Appeal Against the Bloodshed

Perfectly alrite.....

@Levina
@SpArK
@nair

I had withdrawn my negative rating conditionally, and had invited Third Eye to withdraw his insult. Apparently he does not feel the need to do so. Under the circumstances, it can only be concluded that he stands by the insult he offered. Since the three of you had represented on his behalf, I draw your attention to this for your better understanding of the way in which his lack of comprehension of someone else's motives led to an infamous remark.

Any further reactions to this may kindly be taken up with the moderators, as I have on my part bent over backwards to remain open to the opinions of my peers, and to respond positively to their indications overriding my own outrage, without result. I do not feel any obligation to do anything further.

I have no clue what made you say this, how did you come to such a conclusion???

Incessant rains. They always bring out the blues

I think you are asking to differentiate the separatists (protesters) and the terrorists..... Or are you also from the group who believe wani was a freedom fighter?..... I agree we need to differentiate the terrorist from those protesters...... though these guys are supporting the terrorists, but their means different........ They should be dealt little more carefully...... Probably the means used to them to silent could be more softer ones..... I do not know why cant we use water canons as an effective method to curb them...... there are other established methods like rubber bullets.... Loss of life only fan the resistance and bring bad name to the country and make our stand weaker in the conflict..... I do not understand the logic behind sending kids to this conflict zone.....I understand that kids can be the best propaganda item, but what kind of parent it would be to send these kids to be part of the propaganda....

Indeed. What kind of situation would force a parent to send their children to be killed or injured? It is not just one kid but 100s of them. All of the parents cant be incompetent.

Well the differences and polarities are at the highest point since our independence...... and the way things are going i do not see the nation becoming stronger....

No. Perhaps I should have clarified - Acceptance of difference. People now days both from left and right are intolerant of differences.

I appreciate that.

FYI- @third eye

Agree with you.

Perfectly alrite.....

@Levina @SpArK @nair

I write to convey my appreciation for what you all have written & for having taken time to put across your views. I am humbled by the concern shown.

Yesterday was a Sunday & to me its too precious a day to spend sending detailed replies. I do so now in my lunch break.

In all my years I have desisted from getting personal or get into a one -on-one with a poster beyond a point simply because it does not help & I have no desire to impose my views on social issues.

Now, here is a poster who does the following :

a) Refers to a terrorist as a freedom fighter in a self prepared draft ( Post No 35).
b) Refers to Kashmir as ' Indian Occupied " ( Post no 51).

I have not come across a self respecting Indian who would commit such basic errors unless he wanted to. Therefore this was pointed out.

I shall be happy to withdraw my remark if the cause for making it is corrected - refer those parts on bold above . The negative rating may or may not remain as it is inconsequential,

The poster has not altered the traitorous words mentioned above, how then would I change my opinion of him ? There are no egos here at all only

Unfortunately for me I cannot accept a fellow countryman making basic mistakes in an attempt to please or accommodate the views of those who forever work & think against the interests of my nation.

Once again , I thank you all for expressing concern over a completely avoidable situation.

I want to publish an appeal put up by some of us, mostly Kashmiri, with a few outsiders like me, addressed to all in Kashmir to stop the bloodshed and violence and give peace a chance. Please join in, brothers and sisters, and stop the meaningless loss of lives. Here is the URL.

@WAJsal , you were annoyed that we did not first ask the stronger party to step back, and to give the weaker party some space to vent their anguished feelings. Please look at how we have addressed the appeal, and see for yourself if we have worded it for the occasion or not. Please join us, and persuade other well-intentioned friends to join us.

http://scroll.in/article/811603/cit...th-more-than-the-life-of-a-fellow-human-being

Train your Police better? They behave like the stone throwers but with uniform on them. Any professional Police will never do that and therein lies the problem.

A very useful suggestion.

As it happens, perhaps in anticipation of the obvious, I have already written at length about this training aspect. However, a confirmation of the direction always helps.

:tup:

You'll also need a title. Perhaps something like End violence and start talking?

@balixd @Oscar @hinduguy @Armstrong @waz

What do you guys think?
I think first step is to remove AFSPA and central paramilitary forces from kashmir. Then dialogue with pakistan and kashmiri representives. I am not sure how to 'select' kashmiri representative as I think elected representatives are the real representatives.(hurriat is not elected body)

I think first step is to remove AFSPA and central paramilitary forces from kashmir. Then dialogue with pakistan and kashmiri representives. I am not sure how to 'select' kashmiri representative as I think elected representatives are the real representatives.(hurriat is not elected body)

My understanding is that constitutionally, the Indian Army cannot act in Kashmir without legal empowerment. It is not empowered to operate with violence other than in war, in defence of the country, in the absence of distinct enabling legislation (an example I keep quoting: the mounted police inspector who precedes the Guards proceeding along the streets of London for guard duty).

The AFSPA is, in my opinion, wrongly extended to the CRPF and the BSF. That should certainly be removed.

The rest, you have already outlined.

I only wish some of you would join us in appealing for peace.

Politically correct, at least trying to be so, as always. Reality is not black and white. Reality is grey. AFSPA may be evil. But it is necessary evil. We are not prepared to deal with the adages that may seem so sublime a 100 miles away from ground zero. But, it is necessary. It is for the sake of greater good, until we find a more stable and better solution.

Last edited:
Politically correct, at least trying to be so, as always. Reality is not black and white. Reality is grey. AFSPA may be evil. But it is necessary evil. We are not prepared to deal with the adages that may seem so sublime a 100 miles away from ground zero. But, it is necessary. It is for the sake of greater good, until we find a more stable and better solution.

The appeal is not about AFSPA.

My understanding is that constitutionally, the Indian Army cannot act in Kashmir without legal empowerment. It is not empowered to operate with violence other than in war, in defence of the country, in the absence of distinct enabling legislation (an example I keep quoting: the mounted police inspector who precedes the Guards proceeding along the streets of London for guard duty).

The AFSPA is, in my opinion, wrongly extended to the CRPF and the BSF. That should certainly be removed.

The rest, you have already outlined.
its a law that's is prone to abuse if in force for extended duration in any area. I dont think army is better than paramilitary forces(may be marginally so, who knows) when it comes to abuse of human rights. It has been in kashmir since 90s. No wonder kashmiris think that they are colony of India.
I doubt most of us will welcome it in our backyard, and even if we do, we will wonder whether it needs to be in force for years.

Indian army is certainly playing politics in kashmir, call me conspiracy theorist but whenever there is some talk of normalcy(that reduces power of Indian army) they find some terrorists to kill. Its odd that civilian leadership of our country is held hostage by armed forces.

its a law that's is prone to abuse if in force for extended duration in any area. I dont think army is better than paramilitary forces(may be marginally so, who knows) when it comes to abuse of human rights. It has been in kashmir since 90s. No wonder kashtmiris think that they are colony of India.
I doubt most of us will welcome it in our backyard, and even if we do, we will wonder whether it needs to be in force for years.

Indian army is certainly playing politics in kashmir, call me conspiracy theorist but whenever there is some talk of normalcy(that reduces power of Indian army) they find some terrorists to kill. Its odd that civilian leadership of our country is held hostage by armed forces.

The point was slightly different.

Whether or not the act has been misused to maintain the Army at locations where it should never have been, the fact is, once the act is removed, the army personnel must be removed (no such restriction for either central police or the local police). A soldier cannot open fire on Indian citizens in peacetime conditions (barring certain very specific conditions).

If the civil administration is prepared to remove the Army to the LOC, then there is no need for the act anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom