What's new

An Indian develops 1000000000000 Frames/Second Photography.

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India

20110928165856-1.jpg

:tup:I am sure you are aware ultra slow motion cameras – the ones that are used in cricket matches to show those super slow motion videos (of run-outs, cricket shots etc). Those are sophisticated video cameras that shoot at over 1000 Frames per second (FPS) and can capture details that are hardly visible to human eye – There are some even more sophisticated video camera’s that shoot at about 1 million FPS and can capture shots of high-speed bullets piercing the wall in vivid detail.

And now a group of scientists in MIT have created something un-imaginable – A video camera that can shoot trillion frames per second, yes..that’s right – Trillion Frames per second camera. This camera is so fast that it can produce a slow-motion video of a burst of light traveling the length of a one-liter bottle, bouncing off the cap and reflecting back to the bottle’s bottom.

And, there is a Indian connection to this invention- The super high-speed camera was developed by Indian Associate Professor Mr. Ramesh Raskar’s Camera Culture group at the MIT’s Media Lab.

:bounce::bounce:

Link - MIT scientists develop camera that shoots Trillion Frames Per Sec [Indian Connection]

http://www.ted.com/talks/ramesh_ras...tic&utm_content=awesm-publisher&utm_campaign=

Ramesh Raskar MIT profile : http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2011/profile-raskar-0929.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing way to go! No matter who develops it, technology (for good of course) should be made available to all nations. I can't wait for a day when we travel to different livable planets just like 'Firefly'. :P

I am speech less.... the technology is going to be great benefit in future for many fields - instead of the complex Angiography to view the heart blocks we will use this technology in future with ease and it's not going to be painful like the Angiography... well-done Mr. Ramesh Raskar you are a boon to humanity...

More like a Indian who maybe a naturalized citizen.
Raskar was born in India, in a predominately agrarian part of the state of Maharashtra. Unable to afford college, his father had enlisted in the Indian army out of high school, rising through the ranks and eventually earning a degree in electronics engineering. “Everyone else in our family is farmers,” Raskar says. “Nobody on my father’s or mother’s side of the family has even a high school education. But my father, being an electronics engineer, made sure all his children focused on education rather than farming.”

Nonetheless, Raskar went to high school in his rural hometown, rather than commuting 10 miles to a larger city with better schools, as many of his neighbors with academic ambitions did. His last year in high school, Raskar, like everyone else his age, sat for a series of standardized tests that are the sole determinant of university placements in India. He finished first out of the roughly 500,000 students in Maharashtra — the state that happens to include Mumbai. “Everybody was shocked in my town when I was first, and my photo was splashed across newspapers statewide,” Raskar says.

As an undergraduate at the College of Engineering in Pune, Raskar majored in electronics and telecommunication but developed an interest in computer graphics. “I saw ‘Jurassic Park,’ which came out at the time, and I said, ‘Wow, I want to do special effects like “Jurassic Park,”’” Raskar says.

More - http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2011/profile-raskar-0929.html

Very useful in hawkeye which is used in sports ..

SIMPLY AWESOME...........................HE HAS MADE US PROUD......GREAT RESEARCH..........:victory:

Finally........see buddy, some Indians do deliver....:D

Not some, many Indians do deliver great products and we are not aware - I hope you are aware of the Dr. Devi Shetty form Banglore, who is called the Henry Ford of Heart Surgery, please watch an amazing video on the below link in which you can see how the Dr. Devi Shetty hospital perofrm so efficant in heart surgeries and it's called the "Production line' heart surgery"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-10837726

Not some, many Indians do deliver great products and we are not aware - I hope you are aware of the Dr. Devi Shetty form Banglore, who is called the Henry Ford of Heart Surgery, please watch an amazing video on the below link in which how the Dr. Devi Shetty hospital perofrm so efficant in heart surgeries and it's called the"'Production line' heart surgery"

BBC News - 'Production line' heart surgery
I think there should be a thread on these Indian scientists....:enjoy:

I think he is an Indian American.

Many Indians who go to US and live for some years there want to get the citizenship of US. But they are Indian, and US citizen in Name. Only after third generation they are really US citizen.

Back
Top Bottom