What's new

An Insight into Al-Khalid II MBT.

if its so sucessful as it is made out to be..why only 300 have been inducted.
Surely Pakistan hass a greater need for tanks than just 300

buddy remember 300 of AK new one AK1 is near induction or already running in service and once optimum no of AK 1 r inducted AK 2 ll come out so u cant say y only 300 ....this is a huge project constantly evolving and end no ll near 2000 aprox also there is upgradation of all AK to AK1 standerd this stuff takes time and to keep in par with internatioal standerds constant evolution ll be required and in the end we ll say we have aprox 2000 AL-khalid tanks so chill out on numbers:cheers:

I just want to know, what new things are being planned for Al-Khalid Mk2, if there would be any such venture in future...........................

I just want to know, what new things are being planned for Al-Khalid Mk2, if there would be any such venture in future...........................

Visit some earlier posts , its all mentioned here though all details are unknown as the full capabilities will remain classified.

welll so thanx to indians after praissing our tank anyway but still do you think that arjun is good against our al khalid. i hope to see al khalid 2 with a new design and more power fulll weapons and system and must have the electronic counter measure reactors to disable any anti tank missile coming its way well im a big fan of al khalid i hope to see this against abrams and leopard how it perfoms and against new chinese versions i think pakistan army should make exercises with these tanks of al khalid

We have heard about the Al Khalid II program, but there is still little information available. Information available on Al Khalid-I suggests that it will have an improved transmission system, as well as better electronics in terms of FCS, etc. As for Al Khalid-II, these are the possible systems we will see:

1. 1500hp diesel engine: either German MTU, Ukrainian 6TD-3 or South Korean DIC.

2. New armor technology in the form of ERAs as well as possible arrow-shaped design - seen in the ZTZ-99 and improved MBT-2000.

3. 120mm gun/cannon with autoloader: either German L44 or L55, or possible local solution. Not a probability, but I believe there has been focus on enhanced crew safety - especially in terms of counter-insurgency operations.

4. New self-defence/protection systems, possibly even laser-based systems.

5. Focus on C4I and network-centric warfare; new-generation battle management system, etc.

Should the PA go for 120mm or 125mm gun?

P.S.

Guys, I got this information from another Forum.
I was really keen on the PoVs of the members of this forum, espicially sir 'Black Blood' and 'Santro'

Al Khalid 2 Tanks need a support unit , perhaps something that can provide Air-Surface defense capabilities and also defenses against some of the new advance weapons that break into 100 smaller units and seek and destroy tanks and APC and other armed units ...

I believe India got hold of some of these sophisticated bombs from US recently and that is a game changer in battle field

But I think its a shame that we still have to import engines for these tanks from outside of Pakistan

I think our main goal should be to integrate some of the Turkish technology in terms of coordinating , modern fleet of tanks and units on ground and give better situational awareness

So from my Stand point

a) Need Support Unit to Al Khalid for Surface to Air
b) Need a defense strategy against smart weapons CBU-97 Sensor Fuzed Weapon
c) Need enhanced electronics integrated , which allow better visualization of battle
field for soldiers inside tanks

The Sensor fused weapons have made the advantage too great between a nation that has these and a nation that don't have them

Example if two nations start with 1000 tanks , the nation with the sensor fused weapons could knock out 30-40 tanks in one shot , vs nation that do not have them so its a big numerical advantage just like if one fighter is fighting with a knief and other is holding a samurai sword

The new generation of bombs use heat signatures from Tanks and other emitions to lock on to the ground units so Al Khalid 2 must account for these items

Perhaps what we need is a Stealth Tank or a Tank that can remain invisible form scanners of the sensors and cameras in these weapons fired from air.

How can that be done , well R&D I am sure that a tank can be made invisible from senors from above if a plane can be made invisible to radar

If these new modifications would be great in Al Khalid 3 , but these should be design considerations

The other scenario is that we ourselves also have access to purchasing these weapons to even the filed

What armor (tank varieties) would Pakistan's forces likely face in combat in the next 20 years, in what numbers? Use that as a basis for what the tankforce should be able to deal with, either through tank capability, number or supporting units (e.g. attack helicopters, smart artillery munitions).

We need to start working on indegenous tank engine.

or may be a JV bt nt a direct import

What armor (tank varieties) would Pakistan's forces likely face in combat in the next 20 years, in what numbers? Use that as a basis for what the tankforce should be able to deal with, either through tank capability, number or supporting units (e.g. attack helicopters, smart artillery munitions).

high command decides these things and according to sources Pakistan's future requirement is around 2500 MBTs - the number can be increased if needed.

AK-II has some great features that will boast Pak Army :
1) It has 1500 hp ukrainian engine. It means that It will move smoothly even on sand
2) It has auto loader
3) It provides great safety to crew against nuclear , chemical and biological weapons
4) First Pak tank to be based on Western modal
5) It has also anti air-craft technology
And a lot more...
Another milestone for Pak Army

Back
Top Bottom