What's new

Analysis : Did IAF SU-30 Pilots Ejected in Panic !

Well this is something you are saying.

Windjammer has told me so many times that it is not about the plane but the man behind it. Now are you trying to mock him by saying PAF pilots can't fly their planes, only because it has petrol instead of aviation fuel? Windy has told so many times that Jazbaa alone has kept several F 16 flying when they ran out of fuel in the past conflicts with India.
I'm quoting you dumbass

Windjammer has told me so many times that it is not about the plane but the man behind it.
Please don’t question dear friend Windy’s logic. If he says IAF pilots don’t know how to fly single engine aircraft over bird infested Delhi then so it is. His decision is final. No questions please.

For your knowledge let me also tell you that, whenever Indian pilots are making a mistake, he is in the same area monitoring the radios and all the minute details.
If he says pilots f**d up then they f’d up.

Well this is something you are saying.

Windjammer has told me so many times that it is not about the plane but the man behind it. Now are you trying to mock him by saying PAF pilots can't fly their planes, only because it has petrol instead of aviation fuel? Windy has told so many times that Jazbaa alone has kept several F 16 flying when they ran out of fuel in the past conflicts with India.
Well, learning from I Always Fail (IAF):D
Why do you need petrol or JP-8 when you can lose your aircraft, uniform and then get slapped around and end up wearing a new suit and get awarded a Vir Chakra... Even if it means having to shave your prestige handlebars.

Well, learning from I Always Fail (IAF):D
Why do you need petrol or JP-8 when you can lose your aircraft, uniform and then get slapped around and end up wearing a new suit and get awarded a Vir Chakra... Even if it means having to shave your prestige handlebars.

You know windy, I've begun to see your point. It is about the man behind the machine.

Which is why I support PAF's latest plan to deploy Siptfires instead of F 16s in all future wars :-)

Please don’t question dear friend Windy’s logic. If he says IAF pilots don’t know how to fly single engine aircraft over bird infested Delhi then so it is. His decision is final. No questions please.

For your knowledge let me also tell you that, whenever Indian pilots are making a mistake, he is in the same area monitoring the radios and all the minute details.
If he says pilots f**d up then they f’d up.
Yea, after the adverse weather only effecting the Indian side of border thus Indian pilots often losing their directions, it now seems all the migratory birds have decided to nestle on the Rajpath vegetation.
Indeed talk about effed up logics. :laugh:

it now seems all the migratory birds have decided to nestle on the Rajpath vegetation.
If you are saying, then it must be true.

One correction - there is no Rajpath. We have a Kartavyapath.

You know windy, I've begun to see your point. It is about the man behind the machine.

Which is why I support PAF's latest plan to deploy Siptfires instead of F 16s in all future wars :-)
Although it would serve your purpose but I doubt you would be keen to swap your trousers for some diapers.
Anyways, all this talk of fuel and petrol, Pakistan should learn from Indians on how to save on this and not to scare any birds.

20230203_153234.jpg

When such a situation comes PAF pilots usually try to take jets away from populated areas and hence many times they get martyred having not enough time to eject and save themselves. many times it was proven and the latest major crash of an F-16 (WC Nouman) in Islamabad is a pure example of how the pilot could have saved himself easily but he did not as the jet could have collided with some residential or commercial building.
There is absolutely no indication that he tried to avoid civilian buildings. Every pilot is well trained to eject, and sadly, he failed to do so. Do not misuse his death to justify other pilots' behaviors and overstate what his incident simply was.

Crash accidents happen everywhere, in every airforce, but again this shows the difference between PAF and IAF pilots.
When such a situation comes PAF pilots usually try to take jets away from populated areas and hence many times they get martyred having not enough time to eject and save themselves. many times it was proven and the latest major crash of an F-16 (WC Nouman) in Islamabad is a pure example of how the pilot could have saved himself easily but he did not as the jet could have collided with some residential or commercial building.
On other hand IAF pilots (usually) try to save themselves first before thinking anything else. Here both MKI pilots just tried to save their own skin only and let the jet go wherever it wanted to go. Immediate ejection is the most popular thing among IAF pilots. SU30 mki is one of the largest (if not the largest already) jets in the world and as I have read it flew a full 100 kilometers before crashing near a railway station (please correct me if I am wrong) and God forbid if was crashed on the platform or some human settlement area just think about the number of casualties.

I wish it happened. But maybe sometime in the future. Indians are full of surprises. Their missiles shoot by accident and reach Pakistan and their jet also try their best to do the same.
Crashes have even happened over populated areas, one of the Vipers crashed near Kamra had civilians killed on the ground. Every situation is unique. PAF, IAF, USAF etc all train to make sure they can save the aircraft, egress away from populated areas and at worst eject if no other option is available. This PAF vs IAF style of crashes is very amateur as one current PAF Viper driver said as it is the nature of the profession that makes it unpredictable.

He was trying to save the aircraft, not direct it away from any crowd. Please do not bring this example as it is not relevant.

Crashes have even happened over populated areas, one of the Vipers crashed near Kamra had civilians killed on the ground. Every situation is unique. PAF, IAF, USAF etc all train to make sure they can save the aircraft, egress away from populated areas and at worst eject if no other option is available. This PAF vs IAF style of crashes is very amateur as one current PAF Viper driver said as it is the nature of the profession that makes it unpredictable.

He was trying to save the aircraft, not direct it away from any crowd. Please do not bring this example as it is not relevant.
Said it much better than I did

If you want to give excuses, then at least make them worthwhile. Even a blind person will tell you that the F-35 pilot didn't punch out immediately, he stayed with the aircraft for at least 10 seconds after losing control and ejected after the aircraft came to almost rest.
Here's another one for you, notice the harrier pilot ejects only after flames reach the cockpit...

This one was actually carrying live ordnance and coming back from a CAS sortie. Pilot should have ejected much earlier but tried his best to regain control.

I know of two PAF Mirage pilots that went down with their aircraft trying to avoid civilian residential areas, sacrificing their lives and saving countless on the ground. But I do agree every instance is unique and this childish back and forth needs to stop.

First was 23rd March, 1987. Mirage suffered a bird strike while en route to Parade ground, pilot pulled out of formation and steered the aircraft away and left it too late to eject.
Second was F/L Rashid son of A/C Shabbir "Angel" Khan. Engine fire on takeoff from PAF Masroor steered the aircraft away from built up area and went down with his aircraft.

Watch this whole documentary, but 5minute mark where they have the actual RT communication.

Shameless plug: If you want to donate your sadiqa & zakat, there is no better charity than RashidAbad..... out of the ashes, a phoenix rises!

I know of two PAF Mirage pilots that went down with their aircraft trying to avoid civilian residential areas, sacrificing their lives and saving countless on the ground. But I do agree every instance is unique and this childish back and forth needs to stop.

First was 23rd March, 1987. Mirage suffered a bird strike while en route to Parade ground, pilot pulled out of formation and steered the aircraft away and left it too late to eject.
Second was F/L Rashid son of A/C Shabbir "Angel" Khan. Engine fire on takeoff from PAF Masroor steered the aircraft away from built up area and went down with his aircraft.

Watch this whole documentary, but 5minute mark where they have the actual RT communication.

Shameless plug: If you want to donate your sadiqa & zakat, there is no better charity than RashidAbad..... out of the ashes, a phoenix rises!
It was a jammed stabilizer. Aircraft pitched down to the ground, they were flying around 400-500 feet AGL which isn't a lot of altitude in giving out a clear margin to eject if the aircraft suddenly pitches down. My dad was in one of the F-16s from No. 14 Squadron ahead of the Mirage group. The stick jammed, causing the aircraft to pitch down, Saeed Iqbal ejected but the parachute did not deploy fully. It was either the A-5s or the F-6s that saw the crash and the lead for A-5s gave the call that an aircraft has crashed once all the aircraft were clear of the parade ground.

The second one was very tragic. His wingmen were screaming to him to eject but he didn't make it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom