What's new

Angelina Jolie In Pakistan

ubelievable how a little collagen injected in the lips and a nose job will have ppl drooling over an entertainer.

Dude,
I have sympathies with you, and best thing to go for is to hit a visit to some good psychiatrist and get a psycho therapy. You just behaving the way few people still insist that Red mosque folks were good guys  Sorry for going off the track.
Taimoor,
My friend if someone is doing something good without any hope of return we should appreciate him/her instead of getting suspicious about the person. Zaki is absolutely right and I agree with him, if you don’t have the power to value good deeds then I will request that please don’t call someone racist or so. In such way you are appearing to get entitled for the same position, also you are hurting the feelings of others which is pretty clear by going through this whole thread.
If you see the suffering and the amount of loss happen to the flood victims you will get disturb being a human. No one is with them no international aid is going to come Islamic countries are saying that the stuff which we sent out is commercially available in markets and we are afraid that we won’t be able to send more aid. No one is trusting govt and giving them finances. How will this all get settle down.....

It’s time to step up and try to become optimistic.

May God show us the right path

God bless Pakistan

:pakistan:

ubelievable how a little collagen injected in the lips and a nose job will have ppl drooling over an entertainer.

ok so lets hear it......HOW MUCH DID U DONATE? OR WHAT DID U DONATE?

was it even close to angelina's donation?????
IF NO THEN SHUT UP
thank u

6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f3f1d934970b-600wi

6a00d8341c630a53ef01348713594c970c-320wi

I love Angelina Jolie....I am willing to die for her :smitten:

Yes, she may be worthy of such devotion. There is a rumor that she thinks that Brad Pitt is too boring. So, maybe, there is a chance. She is some years older than you but that may be in your favor...

Yes, she may be worthy of such devotion. There is a rumor that she thinks that Brad Pitt is too boring. So, maybe, there is a chance. She is some years older than you but that may be in your favor...

I swear by God.....If i had a chance...I would marry her :smitten:

I am her die-hard fan, not because of her Hollywood movies only as her acting was always appreciable but also for the noble work that she regularly does. Its always admirable and i can only desire that i could be like her :cry:

Angelina Jolie commends Pakistan military for flood work

The actor Angelina Jolie has visited Nowshera in north-west Pakistan to highlight the plight of more than 20 million people affected by the country's worst ever floods.

Ms Jolie, who is an ambassador for the UN's refugee organisation, praised the work of the Pakistani military in helping homeless people.

The BBC's Orla Guerin spoke to her at a refugee camp near Islamabad.

BBC News - Angelina Jolie commends Pakistan military for flood work

Gunner, do you know if Pakistani soldiers are suffering because they are giving their food and supplies to the flood refugees?

Gunner, do you know if Pakistani soldiers are suffering because they are giving their food and supplies to the flood refugees?

I have seen reports that they have given their rations to flood victims but i haven't seen any report that they have suffered on this count. And this is not a new thing. While on UN missions, Pakistan army contingents have often given their food rations to famine-hit people.

Angelina Jolie pleas for Pakistan flood aid

By Claire Truscott (AFP)

ISLAMABAD — Hollywood star Angelina Jolie urged people on Wednesday to put aside corruption fears and donate cash to help Pakistan's 21 million flood victims, as she ended a tour of areas devastated by deluges.

Pakistan's government has been heavily criticised at home and abroad over perceived corruption, which many attribute to the slow pace of donations to the UN's flood appeal, which has raised two thirds of its 460 million dollar goal.

"I don't want some people to use it (corruption) as an excuse not to give assistance," Jolie told reporters at the UN refugee agency's Islamabad office.

"I have seen what they have done in the field. I've physically seen people assisted, so if you are nervous about giving money directly in one way there are other ways to do it," she said.

There have been allegations that aid funds have been mishandled since the start of the floods crisis six weeks ago, and despite massive relief efforts by the UN, United States and other donors, the UN has spoken of Pakistan's "image deficit" affecting donations.

The UN refugee agency (UNHCR) said its own appeal is only half-funded, and Elisabeth Byrs, spokeswoman at the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, said extra monies were "still stagnating".

Jolie, clad in a grey dress and black head scarf, spoke after visiting the militant-hit northwest of the country, home to 1.7 million long-term Afghan refugees who have fled fighting in their neighbouring country.

"I think the size of this disaster's one that I have never seen the scale of," said Jolie.

On Tuesday Jolie, 35, a roving envoy for the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, spent time talking to long-term Afghan refugees, Pakistani communities and aid workers in Khyber Pakhtunwa province.

It was Jolie's fourth visit to Pakistan since she became a UNHCR goodwill ambassador in 2001.

Speaking of the flood-hit villagers she had met during her travels to the northwest, she said she was particularly moved by an elderly couple in their 70s who had built their lives from nothing and seen it all washed away.

"If I could put a face on this disaster it would be those wonderful, kind, funny and hard working people who lost everything," said Jolie.

She said she met women who had lost children, and children who asked her only for electricity, water and food, among the many "resilient" survivors.

"They have been hit and lost so much that they kind of feel that they need to go with God and hope that something, anything, is going to make the situation better," she said.

Asked if she would consider adopting a child from Pakistan, Jolie -- a mother-of-six including three adopted children from abroad -- said she would not consider it because of religious sensitivities.

"There are different feelings about adoption in Muslim countries so I would never consider adjusting those rules," she said, adding that there were other ways to sponsor a child.

Yes!There are many soldiers whose own houses are ruined, families missing or dead!
There are pilots who have come frm waziristan Ops and havent slept for like 10 or even more nights like capt faisal,salman etc..

But when asked how they feel they proudly say tht they r doing it for the Nation the Motherland!

Even my own father n his brigade has been conducting relief ops in muzafargarh named Operation Labaik!

Even houses of a few relatives of mine have been destroyed or damaged,my own frnds frn nowshehra n sibbi have lost much to these floods.

God Bless Pakistan and her People. Ameen.

Yes!There are many soldiers whose own houses are ruined, families missing or dead!
There are pilots who have come frm waziristan Ops and havent slept for like 10 or even more nights like capt faisal,salman etc...
Even my own father n his brigade has been conducting relief ops in muzafargarh named Operation Labaik!
PN, could you provide links to some of these stories, please? Or even better, post an interview with your dad?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom