What's new

Another day another GOLD 🥇 for India.

Yes, India should have performed way better. But this is not pathetic.

India has zero swimming culture. There aren't more than 4 Olympic size pools in New Delhi (capital of India), forget about the rest of India.

Most of India's population is landlocked and not a ocean facing population like China.

Have you ever heard of landlocked nations like Iran, Uzbekistan winning in swimming ?? People living in coastal areas (like China) always have an advantage here as they don't need infrastructure in swimming.

On the other major Asian game sport, Athletic:

1696503044139.png

India won 29 vs 39 medals for China. Despite loosing 7 Gold medals too African athletes from middle East.

Here are “7 athletic Gold medals lost by India in African Games”:

1) Men's 1500 m: Mohamad Al-Garni: Moroccon born Qatar athletic which beat India to a silver.

2) Men's 10,000m: Birhanu Balew: Ethiopian born Bahrain athlete which beat India to a silver.

3) Female 1500m: Winfred Yavi: Kenyan born Bahrain female which beat India to a silver.

4) Female 3000m: Winfred Yavi: Kenyan born Bahrain female which beat India to a silver.

5) Men4x400: 4 Nigerian born Bahrain males which beat India to a silver.

6) Men's 800m: Nigerian born Essa Ali Kazwani which beat India to a silver.

7) Men's 5000m: Birhanu Balew: Ethiopian born Bahrain athlete which beat India to a silver.

Rest of it is see-saw. India is winning in sports we play: Cricket, Kabaddi, Squash.
China is winning in sports it plays.

Then good luck for the future, but I m talking about this game, present tense. the current game this thread is about.

Ok then, I was talking about past tense. Were your countrymen quipping your players back then when they were not so good, or were they encouraging?

That's exactly what Indians are doing now.

Your quips do not go un noticed.

Last edited:
Ok then, I was talking about past tense. Were your countrymen quipping your players back then when they were not so good, or were they encouraging?

That's exactly what Indians are doing now.

Your quips does not go un noticed.
I guess this thread is about this ongoing game, you can talk about how China was pathetic in the past and nicknamed "sick man in Asia", we never denied that part of history.

I guess this thread is about this ongoing game, you can talk about how China was pathetic in the past and nicknamed "sick man in Asia", we never denied that part of history.

The bottom-line is that you were quipping about Indian players whereas we are trying to encourage & acknowledge the growth from previous results. I guess you will not get my point.

If you remove these African athletes who won Gold and pushed us to Silver. Athletics tally looks like:-

India: 13 gold, 29 Total.
China: 20 Gold, 39 Total.
Rest of Asia: 13 Gold.
I m talking about the whole Asian Games, but you are right, Team China also underperforms this time, also pathetic.

I m talking about the whole Asian Games, but you are right, Team China also underperforms this time, also pathetic.

Are you trying to troll?

Everyone knows that india was never a sports hub, expect hockey and cricket.

Sports culture is being developed in India only from 2014, fully supported by Modi.

Before, there were only a few individual, they were used to perform.

It will take sometimes for india to reach at equal level or in top sides

Last edited:
Also,

Rest of the medals are mostly swimming or aquatic sports. I already told you majority of Indian population lives in landlocked: Ganges planes. Unlike China where majority live in coastal areas.

These always have a disadvantage. Similarly, Uzbekistan, Iran also never win swimming medals.

Among the rest of the medals. Some of the sports we are winning: Squash, Kabaddi, Men's hockey, cricket, Badminton (close).

Some sports you are winning: Women Hockey, Table tennis, Badminton (close)

Among the rest of the sports.

There are 10-15 traditional Chinese sports which you are clearly dominating: Breakdancing, Ji-jitsu, Wushu, Dragon Boat, Xiangqi.

There are 10-15 traditional Indian sports where we are winning medals: Yoga, Mallakhamb, Jallikatu, Silambam.

Like how you are winning tons of medals in breakdancing and Dargon Boat. We are also winning 20 Gold medals in Yoga :P
There are two more sports where both India and China play equally: Shooting and archery.

Shooting and archery also finishing as expected:

1696504456149.png

1696504481600.png

Last edited:
@beijingwalker

Any comments about the performance of your taller than mountain, deeper than ocean, sweeter than honey friends?

Regards
Didn't see any threads about other countries, this thread in on the top of this forum, India just overtook China and became the world most populous country, and you are celebrating this result? it indeed puzzles me big time.

Rest of the medals are mostly swimming or aquatic sports.
What..? how many of them do you think are from swimming and aquatic sports?
微信图片_20231005191049.png

Back
Top Bottom