What's new

Another Opportunity Lost

Samlee

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
In 2022 After The Ukraine Russia War Started Many Russians and Ukrainians Fled Russia Due To War and Resulting Sanctions Also Fear of Sanctions Prompted Many Russians To Move Their Investments From The West To Dubai and Istanbul As These Countries Gave Many Incentives To Invest Including Passports, 3 5 Year and Even Permanent Residency

At The Same Time Chinese HNWIs Worth Billions of Dollars Were Fleeing China Due To Zero COVID Policy At That Time

We Could Have Said Buy Property Here,Invest in PSX Or Invest In Direct Project Heck Just Open A Forex Bank Account and Put Some Money In It.Construction Industry Would have Skyrocketed As Other Consumer Goods Industry

This Was The Opportunity Of A Lifetime To Attract This Diaspora.Just Imagine Them Buying Properties and Investing In Stock Market Would Have Solved Our Forex Issues and Stimulated Our Economy No End.More Later In This Thread

We Could Have Said Buy Property Here,Invest in PSX Or Invest In Direct Project Heck Just Open A Forex Bank Account and Put Some Money In It.Construction Industry Would have Skyrocketed As Other Consumer Goods Industry
Not really. By just saying it they wouldn't. These investors are trying to flee instability and trying to find a safe haven for their assets. What about Pakistan and its economy comes even close to sounding like a safe haven?

You would need 10 years of stability and rule of law before investors come in

Government holds some prime properties we could develop and sell them and earn some heavy revenue.

One big example is the lahore Central Business District and the New Blue Area of Islamabad

Not really. By just saying it they wouldn't. These investors are trying to flee instability and trying to find a safe haven for their assets. What about Pakistan and its economy comes even close to sounding like a safe haven?

So In your opinion a country with Inflation levels of 40% to 80% is stable????

Also why would Russians come to a country with an Inflation rate of 100% i.e Argentina

Russians want a country that is not hostile to them.They don't have what you call stable in mind

Last edited:

Pakistan and Especially Upto 9th April 2022 Was Much Better Than Many Countries on The Globe And We Have The Amenities To Attract Many Russians Who Are Now Missing Them Fast Food Chains,High End Accomodations,Supermarkets,Shopping Malls You Name It

Last edited:
Government holds some prime properties we could develop and sell them and earn some heavy revenue.

One big example is the lahore Central Business District and the New Blue Area of Islamabad

You Are Right Only In Pakistan You Will Find Mind Boggling Examples of Elite Parasites Feeding On The Blood and Flesh of The Common Man Like This

A Prime 100 acre Property Has Been Allocated By CDA For A Gun and Country Club Which Is Operating Without ANy Legal Framework

If This Wasn't Nauseating Enough Get This Land Worth Billions Of Lahore Gymkhana Located In The Choicest Location Has Been Leased For A Mere Rs 5000 per Year

There's More

Get Back This Land and Develop WOrld Class Mixed Use High Rises and Offer It To These Fleeing Russians Ukrainians and Chinese

@Samlee

Just Imagine Them Buying Properties and Investing In Stock Market Would Have Solved Our Forex Issues and Stimulated Our Economy No End.

And these investors are sure that there will be no eye Chief Justice who will declare these investments illegal? And no NAB will opened against these investments?

Anyway, first get Pakistanis and Overseas Pakistanis to invest, then we will see.

Regards

In 2022 After The Ukraine Russia War Started Many Russians and Ukrainians Fled Russia Due To War and Resulting Sanctions Also Fear of Sanctions Prompted Many Russians To Move Their Investments From The West To Dubai and Istanbul As These Countries Gave Many Incentives To Invest Including Passports, 3 5 Year and Even Permanent Residency

At The Same Time Chinese HNWIs Worth Billions of Dollars Were Fleeing China Due To Zero COVID Policy At That Time

This Was The Opportunity Of A Lifetime To Attract This Diaspora.Just Imagine Them Buying Properties and Investing In Stock Market Would Have Solved Our Forex Issues and Stimulated Our Economy No End.More Later In This Thread

Why would want Russians ? They do not blend in your society.

This is the most deluded nonsense I’ve ever read in my life.

Yes, invite the Russians when you have something to invite them too.

1. The COAS and his command are all American bootlicking scum.

2. The establishment is a corrupt group of leeches….you really think Zardari is the only Mr. 10% of the political elite?

3. Gated communities are nothing to be proud about…segregating our cities into these shitty little suburban blackholes not only promotes agricultural destruction but also movement of wealth out of the cities.

We don’t need more urban sprawl, we need urban regeneration….neighborhoods in Lahore and Karachi need to be redeveloped so as to encourage wealth back into the cities.

I still don’t get what some people like about Bahria Town or DHA. They segregate themselves off, purposely build gates everywhere and have road signs all in English only. They do this on purpose to the keep the ”commoners” out.

If I were in charge of urban development, the first thing i would do is tear down every god damn gate and wall in these housing societies.

So all countries that have citizenship by investment programs are "deluded" what I proposed is nothing out of this world but is a standard practice in many countries
Why would want Russians ? They do not blend in your society.

Let's kick every foreign investor out since they don't blend in our society and let's start with the Chinese the only foreign investors in our country right now

So all countries that have citizenship by investment programs are "deluded" what I proposed is nothing out of this world but is a standard practice in many countries

Let's kick every foreign investor out since they don't blend in our society and let's start with the Chinese the only foreign investors in our country right now

I am all for Russian investors. I would not want them in my country

1. The COAS and his command are all American bootlicking scum.

2. The establishment is a corrupt group of leeches….you really think Zardari is the only Mr. 10% of the political elite?

3. Gated communities are nothing to be proud about…segregating our cities into these shitty little suburban blackholes not only promotes agricultural destruction but also movement of wealth out of the cities.

We don’t need more urban sprawl, we need urban regeneration….neighborhoods in Lahore and Karachi need to be redeveloped so as to encourage wealth back into the cities.

I still don’t get what some people like about Bahria Town or DHA. They segregate themselves off, purposely build gates everywhere and have road signs all in English only. They do this on purpose to the keep the ”commoners” out.

If I were in charge of urban development, the first thing i would do is tear down every god damn gate and wall in these housing societies.

Citizenship by investment and Golden Visa programs are offered by countries all over the world countries even worse than Pakistan and helps them attract dollars

https://www.citizenshipinvest.com/e...nvestment programs&utm_campaign=GO-SN-PK-ALW-{FCP_GenericSN}:(EN)-[Exact]&utm_source=Google%20Ads&utm_medium=ppc&gclid=CjwKCAjwvpCkBhB4EiwAujULMm-sYLVRCQDXNkmYpoIxXNIdikysslyZUDoWNt3J1MiBLQLPFOxu8BoCvboQAvD_BwE

https://www.citizenshipinvest.com/e...nvestment programs&utm_campaign=GO-SN-PK-ALW-{FCP_GenericSN}:(EN)-[Exact]&utm_source=Google%20Ads&utm_medium=ppc&gclid=CjwKCAjwvpCkBhB4EiwAujULMhPVObTE4gxs7X7G___UAbChISmCavZGfCNY4CqPUASC7SO2fB1BHRoCuiAQAvD_BwE

I honestly don't know why people on this forum find this so hard to digest especially when Pakistan needs every dollar it gets

Citizenship by investment and Golden Visa programs are offered by countries all over the world countries even worse than Pakistan and helps them attract dollars

https://www.citizenshipinvest.com/en/programs/portugal-golden-visa-program/?utm_term=&utm_source=GoogleAds&utm_campaign=10072247697&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=new citizenship by investment programs&utm_campaign=GO-SN-PK-ALW-{FCP_GenericSN}:(EN)-[Exact]&utm_source=Google%20Ads&utm_medium=ppc&gclid=CjwKCAjwvpCkBhB4EiwAujULMm-sYLVRCQDXNkmYpoIxXNIdikysslyZUDoWNt3J1MiBLQLPFOxu8BoCvboQAvD_BwE

https://www.citizenshipinvest.com/en/programs/spain/?utm_term=&utm_source=GoogleAds&utm_campaign=10072247697&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=new citizenship by investment programs&utm_campaign=GO-SN-PK-ALW-{FCP_GenericSN}:(EN)-[Exact]&utm_source=Google%20Ads&utm_medium=ppc&gclid=CjwKCAjwvpCkBhB4EiwAujULMhPVObTE4gxs7X7G___UAbChISmCavZGfCNY4CqPUASC7SO2fB1BHRoCuiAQAvD_BwE

I honestly don't know why people on this forum find this so hard to digest especially when Pakistan needs every dollar it gets

:tup::tup::tup::tup:

This Was Infact Stated In The National Security Policy 2022 By PTI

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom