What's new

Another Tamil refugee ship comes to Canada

Few Tamil refugees have family members in Canada. This means this was financial help may be provided for them from Canada. There is immigration system and they should have followed rules. But some people rather pay money risk lives to come quickly to Canada. This will create temporary backlash in Canada against Tamils and Tamil Tigers. The Tamil Tiger's front organization have became active to support these refugees. These refugees if given permanent status in Canada will be be contributing to Tamil Tigers rest of their lives.

Child Charity Report: 30-50 Tamil Children Seek Refugee Status in Canada

30-50 Tamil Children Seek Refugee Status in Canada
14/8/2010 - At least 30 and as many as 50 of the 490 Tamil refugees arriving in Vancouver yesterday are children.

Even while the 490 Tamil refugees aboard the MV Sun Sea were far from the shores of British Columbia, provisions were being made on how to house and house the asylum seekers. Including large numbers of women and children, the refugees set sail from Sri Lanka.

As of current information, 30-50 of the children are thought to be children. Officials will have to make decisions as to whether or not the children will be placed in foster care while the adult are being processed.

In search of solutions, many have looked backward in time to precedents set in 1999, when 600 people from China's Fujian province arrived in B.C.. These refugees were temporarily housed outside Vancouver, before the children came under the protection of the Ministry of Children and Family Development and elderly refugees were admitted to seniors’ homes in Burnaby. The children were given English lessons, food and shelter at the cost of approximately $8 000 per month.

Thankfully, most of the refugees were in a fine state of health and did not require urgent medical attention. Two pregnant women, one six year-old infant and five others were admitted to Victoria General Hospital.

Activist groups are already mobilizing on behalf f the refugees. Canada, as a signatory to the binding United Nations Convention on Refugees, has pledged that it will not return refugees to a country where they do indeed face persecution (an illegal practice in the international community known as renfoulement).

Men will be temporarily housed in the Wilkinson Road Jail, before being transferred (likely to the Fraser Regional Correctional Centre) until their applications for asylum are approved or declined. The women will be housed at the Alouette Correctional Centre for Women. Like in the case of the Chinese refugees in 1999, women accompanied by children, as well as any unaccompanied minors, will be kept together and will come under the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development.

Arriving yesterday, B.C. authorities continue to process their arrival in Esquimalt. How long this process will take is difficult to estimate, but could take anywhere from days to weeks. CBC reports that the refugees are expected to attain refugee status, given the persecution they may face in their homeland.

After processing, the refugees are bound for detention centres on Vancouver Island and parts of mainland B.C. Detention hearings, slated to being on Monday, will seek out whether or not any among the refugees have links to the Tamil Tigers, which is deemed a terrorist organization in Canada. The RCMP is likely to assist.

dabong1 said:
Like the post before me am pretty sure every ethnic group can be brushed with the same stroke.

Is this a veiled way of claiming I am racist or insensitive to ethnic minorities?

I was actually supportive of this refugee boat until I learned of more details and another two boats on the way. No, not every single ethnic group can be brushed with the same stroke. You don't seem to realize how much human traffickers profit from human suffering, and if this boat is successful their business will boom.

50k USD per family member is enough money to live an extremely comfortable life in India with a large non-oppressed Tamil community. The only reason why they didn't take a plane to India is their passports would probably be denied because they have associations with Tamil Tigers. Think about why they had to take a boat and not a plane.

Is this a veiled way of claiming I am racist or insensitive to ethnic minorities?

Are you called Nahraf?

I was actually supportive of this refugee boat until I learned of more details and another two boats on the way. No, not every single ethnic group can be brushed with the same stroke. You don't seem to realize how much human traffickers profit from human suffering, and if this boat is successful their business will boom.

If you are that concerned about human traffiking tell your govt to have an open border policy.

50k USD per family member is enough money to live an extremely comfortable life in India with a large non-oppressed Tamil community. The only reason why they didn't take a plane to India is their passports would probably be denied because they have associations with Tamil Tigers. Think about why they had to take a boat and not a plane.

Its easier getting on a boat then a plane if you want to "emigrate" to the west.

dabong1 said:
If you are that concerned about human traffiking tell your govt to have an open border policy.

USA and Canada can never have an open border policy because we guarantee citizenship to anyone born on our soil, with no other requirements at all such as residency. A mother can be in Canada for five minutes, have a baby and that baby would be a Canadian citizen. An open border policy would create a huge community of individuals who are citizens but have zero loyalty to the country.

Other countries which have open borders such as the EU have very specific requirements to become a citizen to prevent such abuses. Because we do not and never will due to our constitutions, we must be selective who we allow entry to. Or else Canada becomes a dumping ground for citizenship tourism, individuals who want citizenship only for the benefits.

Individuals do not have the right to live wherever they want without consequences. For example I do not have the right to live in your house, and you do not have the right to live in mine. Unless you let in perfect strangers into your house all the time, you're a hypocrite if you advocate open borders.

P.S. It is not easier to do it on a boat than a plane. Canada takes in 5 - 10 thousand refugees a year and only a few hundred by boat and the rest by plane.

Last edited:
As long as they leave their personal baggage back home and start a new life its all cool.. Multiculturalism goes down the crap hole when people bring archaic cultural crap that doesn't belong in todays society...Plus people need to be loyal to the country they live in.. unfortunately I've seen my share of leeches who go to places like Britian and Canada just to get the passport and not really give a rats arse about the country as a whole...

Britian for some reason attracts the worst kind of people

As long as they leave their personal baggage back home and start a new life its all cool.. Multiculturalism goes down the **** hole when people bring archaic cultural crap that doesn't belong in todays society...

Tamils have a huge organized crime and gang presence in Canada especially Ontario and BC. But fortunately they mostly target each other. However it is a huge burden on the system and taxes get sucked up paying for police to investigate which Tamil gang member ran over whose body and then left it to rot. Apart from that I think their culture blends in fine...

Last edited:
tamil gangs get up to LOADS in the uk aswell

random and crazy acts of chopping people's arms up, killing with swords and a lot of crime as well

also in paris my uncle told me how a tamil gang tried to shake his restaurant down

certainly in large numbers their youth cause alot of problems

tamil gangs get up to LOADS in the uk aswell

random and crazy acts of chopping people's arms up, killing with swords and a lot of crime as well

also in paris my uncle told me how a tamil gang tried to shake his restaurant down

certainly in large numbers their youth cause alot of problems

I will have to agree just based on what I have seen with my own eyes and what you and your uncle have also witnessed. We can't let their rotten core paint their whole nationality in a negative manner but they as a community are doing nothing, have done nothing, and will do nothing to curtail this serious crime and gang issue.

USA and Canada can never have an open border policy because we guarantee citizenship to anyone born on our soil, with no other requirements at all such as residency. A mother can be in Canada for five minutes, have a baby and that baby would be a Canadian citizen. An open border policy would create a huge community of individuals who are citizens but have zero loyalty to the country.

You your saying that if your not born in canada you cant be trusted?

Other countries which have open borders such as the EU have very specific requirements to become a citizen to prevent such abuses. Because we do not and never will due to our constitutions, we must be selective who we allow entry to.

Change your constitution.

Or else Canada becomes a dumping ground for citizenship tourism, individuals who want citizenship only for the benefits.

So people put there lifes at risk to get canadian benefits.

Individuals do not have the right to live wherever they want without consequences. For example I do not have the right to live in your house, and you do not have the right to live in mine. Unless you let in perfect strangers into your house all the time,

Where not talking about somebody moving into your house but rather give them the opportunity to bulid there own house.

you're a hypocrite if you advocate open borders.

Why?

P.S. It is not easier to do it on a boat than a plane. Canada takes in 5 - 10 thousand refugees a year and only a few hundred by boat and the rest by plane.

well done canada:cheers:

Tamils have a huge organized crime and gang presence in Canada especially Ontario and BC. But fortunately they mostly target each other. However it is a huge burden on the system and our taxes get sucked up paying for police to investigate which Tamil gang member ran over whose body and then left it to rot.

The same can be said about any ethnic group in any country.

The same can be said about any ethnic group in any country.

I've tried hard to not generalize in this thread, but I have yet to see Estonian gangs or French mafia having shoot outs in the open like Tamil gangs. It's easy to generalize an issue and to leave it be until it consumes the whole nation. It's an internal issue for the countries involved and most take these things very seriously. Just imagine if Uighurs were Tamil and all governments were China.

I know sum tamil people and who have some links to LTTE tamil gangs who do fraud and use the cash to fund the tamil freedom movement most the money comes from UK, Canada, and other places with tamil people.

The Sri lankan army commited genocide on the tamil people and destroyed hundreds of hindu temples they are war criminals.

The Sri lankan army commited genocide on the tamil people and destroyed hundreds of hindu temples they are war criminals.

Sri Lanka was hailed for destroying the LTTE which was a terrorist organization, they were killing Sinhalese and innocent Tamils for decades in cold blood. Now all the tigers can do is hide behind their community. lol kittens.

Back
Top Bottom