What's new

ANSF | Afghan National Security Forces

Okay - I hope I didn't misquote or misrepresent you in any way because if I did I apologize ! :(

I had gathered the impression from your following posts that you reckoned that the Taliban will come back & the Afghan Establishment (Civilian + Military Executive) won't be able to hold their own :

Afghan wants 150 Battle tanks and 1 Squadron of Attack choppers from India | Page 9

Afghan wants 150 Battle tanks and 1 Squadron of Attack choppers from India | Page 5

Time has come to leave Afghanistan

The gist of those posts, as I understood them to be, came across as thus :

(i) ANA isn't suitable for fighting the insurgency but the ANP is however there isn't any intelligence sharing or coordination between the two of them for things to work out optimally !

(ii) The Locals are either rooting for the Taliban or are scared sh*tless of them; they didn't even let you guys bury one of their dead's decomposed remains out of fear of reprisal !

An extrapolation of that could be - How are the 'Forces' you built even if they're recruited from the Afghans are going to be viewed by the Locals ? Mercenaries or Sons of the Soil ?

(iii) Whatever was happening in Afghanistan in '01 is still happening there & nothing has really changed !

(iv) Unless one find's another country as strong as the US to take the 'beam' - what does that colloquial expression mean - you'd have a Civil War 2.0 happening in Afghanistan !

(v) One needs to bet on the right horse because it could go either way !

@Icarus - Some of that would seem eerily true for our side as well....no ? :fie:

Well, in the Prior post, you ask me how afghanistan force would fare against the taliban in the end, i told you the onlook is not good, but this post is different, you ask that how Afghan force perform. lol, Two different questions.

And indeed, if the Current Afghanistan Force did not expand in a number that can cover the absent of ISAF. Then they would be "Screwed", bear in mind Afghan soldier have 70-80% function of any ISAF soldier in term of competency (Not 100% match) so they actually would need more.

Buying tanks and APC and transport helo is one way for quick deployment to a limited force so you can cover more jar with less lid but A.) you cannot do it forever and B.) It would strangle the Afghanistan Logistic capability.

The problem as i see is, they need to work with all party to give them a compromise and work on their defence force post ISAF withdrawal. Otherwise it will be at constant civil war as different location from Afghanistan virtually have different perferrence to their local government. Or you have to invite the ISAF to stay until ANSF have grown to at least 500,000 strong.

And from your point ANA cannot deal with insurgence, well, it is and it isn't. For a country to fight insurgence, you need to build a basic networkk that you can work in and obtain intel that way, and that network would need a stablising force to secure the environment, or nobody is going to talk to you. (See my other article Jhungary guide to COIN). So essentially you need to form a secure environment first, then let the ANP to go to work. For that you need ANA and ANP both focus on equal term.

And i am quitting this forum a while, well, i was supposed to go yesterday but i forgot to bring my cable to transfer the file on my last work in here so i am going today. So, good luck and i am glad to have known you

BfoooaHCIAEMMQQ.jpg

Not lethal armor, but yes armor.

Our armored vehicles are listed below.
175 M113 A2
10.000+ heavily armored Humvees (4.000 to e delivered)
670+ M1117 (320+ to be delivered)

I think he meant tanks or offensive armour...

Humvees arent considered "Armour" ..

Yeah dude, they are representing ANA from head to toe you could see the matchings in the second post :)

The japanese stuff... and the spotless airsoft looking carbines... not to forget the "asian" features... and not "Hazara" .. gave me away.. :D

Last edited:
The japanese stuff... and the spotless airsoft looking carbines... not to forget the "asian" features... and not "Hazara" .. gave me away.. :D

No one has said they are Hazara; they are Japanese the photos are from 2011.

Back
Top Bottom