What's new

ANSF | Afghan National Security Forces

If they have such high trained soldiers, then why dont they take Taliban situation in there own hands instead of taking help from NATO

My friend serves with the Duke of Lancaster Regiment and just finished a tour in Musa Qala. He does not hold the ANA in good regard, obviously this is his own personal viewpoint but he told me that training and retention was a major issue for troops.

According to him there were incidents were ISAF troops on con-patrols with ANA would come under fire and the ANA would actually hide until the hostiles were either killed to bug out.

Another issue he said was frustating was internal shrinkage "stealing" the soliders (ANA) were issues with Chitosan Dressings: "a special powder used to seal large bullet wounds" and they were quote "Flogging, this down the market as novelty".

But this is his own personal opinion, i personally hope and pray that they develop and become strong. A strong afghan army is in the regions best interest.

If they have such high trained soldiers, then why dont they take Taliban situation in there own hands instead of taking help from NATO

Brother, they are not highly trained soldiers compare to the neighbouring countries. they dont even get paid properly, sometimes their wages dont come to their pockets in 6 months. they are new, but hopefully they get better within time. they cant get the situation in their hand, if pakistan, americans and other soldiers couldnt solve the problem of insurgency, it is not fair to ask them to contain insurgency. fighting insurgency is not that easy, they come out of a house and fire at you and disappear. if you fire back, you will mostly likey to kill kids and women in that house, these regular armies, be it PA, ANA or americans are facing the rock from back and hard place in front.

Try to have some respect, they are the uniformed men of a country. I know you hate us, but dont at least bring this hatred publically. Trust deficit and hatred is already in a high level, so dont try to worsen it.

Please don't be offended as far as i am concerned the Afghans are very important to the region and i personally want to see a strong and stable Afghanistan.

I am sure they are other Pakistanis like me. Don't be sad brother, with time all wounds will heal.

their main problem right now is training and stuff, there pilots went Awol at texas about seventeen of em..and that has been going on for two years

Nevertheless best of luck to these chaps, and that was a very poor and distasteful comment hammy007

Last edited:

Who said they were highly trained most of the recruits only do this for the money while the rest do it for nationalistic views. I have seen videos of the U.S. and Turkish Instructors trying to train raw recruits and it is sad to watch. You think if these guys were top of the line they would still require NATO help ? NATO has trouble fighting the Taliban how do you think these guys would fair ? They will get their eventually but highly trained army is far from what anyone should call these guys. Most people don't even trust them as some work for the Taliban.

Give them time though the as their are many in the ANA that want to help their country.

Last edited:
thanks for the pictures Jigs brother. I think that the Turkish soldiers are also involved in training them.

Please don't be offended as far as i am concerned the Afghans are very important to the region and i personally want to see a strong and stable Afghanistan.

I am sure they are other Pakistanis like me. Don't be sad brother, with time all wounds will heal.

Thank you brother. I know what you mean.

thanks for the pictures Jigs brother. I think that the Turkish soldiers are also involved in training them.

Yes we are. We do reconstruction work in Wardak and also train the police and army. We have 1,700-1,800 non combat troops stationed in Kabul to protect the construction teams and do patrols.

Afghan National Army while on patrol with Alpha Troop, 1st Squadron, 33 Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade, 101st Infantry Division, Khowst province, Afghanistan, March 11.2010

de0c658d.jpg

e18fc904.jpg

9db395e9.jpg

29d54f84.jpg

b9a82889.jpg

57cb18a7.jpg

US Air Force Captain David Penuela ( L ) mentors Afghan National Army Air Corps trainees who are learning modern aviation tactics and procedures inside a M I 17 helicopter simulator October 21, 2009 at the Kabul International Airport military base in Kabul, Afghanistan. The trainees priority is to learn how to fly a helicopter starting with the required nine hours inside the high tech simulator. The four year old Afghan National Army Air Corps is part of the ANA with 2,800 soldiers.

ae81fd72.jpg

b6793b8a.jpg

b01dad78.jpg

bf45fdd2.jpg

d34388b0.jpg

Brother, they are not highly trained soldiers compare to the neighbouring countries. they dont even get paid properly, sometimes their wages dont come to their pockets in 6 months. they are new, but hopefully they get better within time. they cant get the situation in their hand, if pakistan, americans and other soldiers couldnt solve the problem of insurgency, it is not fair to ask them to contain insurgency. fighting insurgency is not that easy, they come out of a house and fire at you and disappear. if you fire back, you will mostly likey to kill kids and women in that house, these regular armies, be it PA, ANA or americans are facing the rock from back and hard place in front.

Yeah I agree, you have stated some big Issues in your posts, I hope Afghanistan becomes stable

Ahmad you have to realize that there is much more hate on the Afghan side than there is on the pakistani side, so the best thing you can do is not pay much attention to such comments

man i really hope they come out of training with flying colours , forget Afghanistan future of the whole regions stability depends on then , Good luck ANA , and some very immature and idotic comments from a member here , one should be ashamed of such thing , and Ahmad brother you know there is no hate , even if you feel some there is none trust me when i say that .

Back
Top Bottom