What's new

Anybody good with electronic appliances?

lastofthepatriots

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I got a bunch of houseflies in my house so I pulled out my bug zapper.

The zapper killed a few flies but one of them seemed to stick to the electric grill and started to burn up and smoke. It smelled like hair burning.

I want to kill these flies but I don’t want to leave it on and set my house on fire.

Is the burning of the fly normal?

The zapper killed a few flies but one of them seemed to stick to the electric grill and started to burn up and smoke. It smelled like hair burning.

I want to kill these flies but I don’t want to leave it on and set my house on fire.

Its normal. Keep the zapper away from anything flammable and you be fine.

Upvote 0

if cannot be scrapped, the fly will burn out. it is a 'limited' fuel. The heavy fats and proteins will take time to completely burn into coal/carbon and then ash etc. So smell will continue.

Upvote 0
Its normal. Keep the zapper away from anything flammable and you be fine.

So it’s normal? I saw the fly burn up with like a literal orange flame.

if cannot be scrapped, the fly will burn out. it is a 'limited' fuel. The heavy fats and proteins will take time to completely burn into coal/carbon etc. So smell will continue.

Acha yaar kaam di gaal daas. Kaar nu aag te ne laag jani?

Upvote 0
I remember these bug swatter badminton racket type things

1661670427995.png

they'd get shocked with a very satisfying buzz/crackle.

doubt that's enough to burn a house down lol, it'll barely sting you.

Upvote 0

The fly sticking isn’t theoretically meant to happen, but it is possible that it could happen often.

The fly shatters work by electrically charging the threads, so that a fly coming into the middle would complete the circuit (The electricity always takes the shortest pathway possible)
It is completely possible for the burst of the static electricity to stick the fly to the racket. As for the burning, it only come part and parcel with the sticking, so there’s not much you can do

Upvote 0

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom