What's new

Apocalypse in Uttarakhand

No youtube hre.. what is it about?

Rescue operation by Indian Military in Uttarakhand, deep into himalayas during flash flood and land slides.
Wasnt this the one in which IAF pilots had to push their Heli's to dangerous limits in terms of fuel and time without servicing?
I remember an earlier video and it is commendable of any pilot to go beyond the call of duty. Not just as a national of India..but as a humanitarian.

Wasnt this the one in which IAF pilots had to push their Heli's to dangerous limits in terms of fuel and time without servicing?
I remember an earlier video and it is commendable of any pilot to go beyond the call of duty. Not just as a national of India..but as a humanitarian.
yeah right. the support of Indian Military could be known through this operation and it is far beyond imagination.

Very touching video :tup:

Bot men and machine, military and civilian helpers literally went beyond their limits to save people.

Salute. This video has just around 1,400 view, but it deserves so many more!

Make sure to share it on FB, Twitter and co.

Last edited:
in the address bar type, www.google.ca
Press enter
click apps icon on the right of the screen
select you tube
voila and don't forget tp remember me in your prayers

note: you can use any country suffix instead of .pk

Don't know about servicing (might have been relaxed standards but this is something the Mil is pretty tight on) but yes the machines were operating at the very extremes of their performance- at altitude, in treacherous and ever changing weather, in valleys and landing at hastily erected foreword helipads. The pilots too were working at the peak of their abilities, pushing themselves beyond what could be expected of them- flying at their own discretion into conditions that would usually be a no-go.

Why no youtube?

Not just in terms of fuel and preparations, but the fact that they operated in very adverse weather and geographical conditions. Heavy rains and howling winds, sometimes with near zero visibility. They had to land and take off from the middle of nowhere, on the edges of cliffs, or thick jungles - wherever survivors were detected. They had to fly through narrow valleys and gorges to hunt for survivors. They flew mission after mission non stop, by night and day, because more heavy rains were expected in 72 hours, and they were racing against the clock.

Landing in places like this is not for the feint of heart:

india-airbase.jpg

To take nothing away from the army's central command and the paramilitaaries, whos men trudged on foot across every inch of the affected region, rescuing stranded pilgrims literally with their bare hands:

Indian_Army_Uttrakhand_Badrinath_tsunami_2.jpg

Indian_Army_Uttrakhand_Badrinath_tsunami_4.jpg

1371913566-rescue-operations-by-indian-army-at-uttarakhand-flood-_2181331.jpg

Endangering themselves, that others may live:

na7u8e9e.jpg

in the address bar type, www.google.ca
Press enter
click apps icon on the right of the screen
select you tube
voila and don't forget tp remember me in your prayers

note: you can use any country suffix instead of .pk
Whoaa.. that was simple.. and I was wasting my time with proxy sites.

On the other hand, youtube opens.. but no video plays.

Last edited:
Whoaa.. that was simple.. and I was wasting my time with proxy sites.

On the other hand, youtube opens.. but no video plays.
You could try downloading the videos you want, using keepvid.com or youtubedownload.altervista.org. It will or will not work, depending on what sort of censorship your govt has enforced.

Back
Top Bottom