What's new

Apple CEO Tim Cook on "low manufacturing wage" in China

Lol, Apple squeezes the absolute maximum profits out from its manufacturers, leaving these companies to pay compensations to their workers as little as possible, if that' not exploitation then what. I know you typical Indian will go out all the way to defend your master US. I hope more Apple Iphones manufacturing will move to India since you love them so much.
Corporates squeeze maximum from every corner. It's universal.
Sorry our nation was not on rent as our neighbour. Our dealings with USA are one on one, on equal footing.
Majority Indians still use Android phones. Few years ago apple cried for special concessions to start manufacturing in India. But we didn't give a damn and they started manufacturing at our terms. That's what is called Sovereign nation.
Thanks for wishing about apple phone manufacturing in India.
The irony is that our beloved western neighbours will likely get only made in India phones, if and when they can afford

BUT that's just the way White trashes and White trash companies operate -- always more money grubbing than their Asian counterpart. When you fly for longer than 4 hours on a White trash airline, you're lucky to get a free coke. On a Chinese airline at least you're given a free meal. When the White trash invites you out for lunch, they expect you to foot your share of the bill. When an Asian man invites you out for lunch, he's too eager to pay the whole bill. White trashes are like Indians their whole purpose of existence to make Chinese look good (ie. common courtesy towards their fellow men)!
Explains why China gets all the contracts in CPEC and Pakistanis get a meal.

It is politically incorrect to say that East Asian has the highest discipline to pull of low defects at lowest possible lead time (this is fact). US wanted to give business to Hindus. Hindus are so irresponsible and selfish that they cant make it.

You cant produce Iphone in India even though wage level is just 20% of China when defect rate is 50%.
Besides the high defect rate and wages, Indian governments from local to central want to stick their hands into the foreign corporations' pockets. They want to feel the money in their hands and to pull out stacks of cash whenever they want.

Most of Apple's engineering talents is in Cupertino not in China
If Apple is that competitive, it doesn't require US government's assistance to crush Huawei. The truth is hard to swallow but Apple's innovative days are waning. What was a major innovation in the last three versions of iPhone? I'm not an iPhone user and I suspect there was nothing. They were just minor improvements or tiny steps. The last I heard was nobody wants to upgrade to iPhone 15 because of little or no innovations and of course the battery overheating problem.

Apple invented the iPhone. Not China. USA has produced electronics without China in the past. They can do so in the future.
You obviously don't know shit about electronic manufacturing. But here's something for you to understand: When prices go up in an inflation or whatever, they will almost never get back to their previous levels. That means manufacturing as a whole is gone from the US and will not return. In the field of highly skillful manufacturing, US never had a leg in the door. It was the Japanese, then the four little dragons carrying out disciplined, skillful manufacturing for the US. FYI, they are very different than making tanks and autos.

Last edited:
Most of Apple's engineering talents is in Cupertino not in China

What tells you China does not have equivalent talents as Cupertino does?

I have been to weekend swap meets in China where you can find parts and software to assemble an iPhone look-alike (Chinese version) in less than half-an-hour.

Does that happen without engineering talent ??

The country of your birth, India, can't even produce basic cellphone parts in-country (screens, circuit boards, SMD components, batteries) and has to import them from China and assemble local phones.

You think that happens without talent ??

The whole esoteric audio market is filled with Chinese products nowadays, priced a fraction of US and EU counterparts. I bought some myself (high-spec Valve amps), they are spectacular for the price.

Chinese precision optics (microscopes, telescopes, binoculars, consumer lenses) are sold all over the globe and sell at almost the same price as their Japanese equivalents. Out of all my camera lenses (some priced around $1000) half are Chinese (LAOWA, VILTROX). They work and look great - some are better performers than Japanese products at half the cost.

A talentless country can produce those ??

Take a lesson from Tim Cook - just give up this sad habit of bad-mouthing China.

Last edited:
If Apple is that competitive, it doesn't require US government's assistance to crush Huawei. The truth is hard to swallow but Apple's innovative days are waning. What was a major innovation in the last three versions of iPhone? I'm not an iPhone user and I suspect there was nothing. They were just minor improvements or tiny steps. The last I heard was nobody wants to upgrade to iPhone 15 because of little or no innovations and of course the battery overheating problem.

You obviously don't know shit about electronic manufacturing. But here's something for you to understand: When prices go up in an inflation or whatever, they will almost never get back to their previous levels. That means manufacturing as a whole is gone from the US and will not return. In the field of highly skillful manufacturing, US never had a leg in the door. It was the Japanese, then the four little dragons carrying out disciplined, skillful manufacturing for the US. FYI, they are very different than making tanks and autos.

Apple does not make cellular infrastructure equipment. That was Huawei main business. I worked in electronic manufacturing - I know a lot about SMT. Do not make it sound like China invented anything. There is plenty of manufacturing around outside of China.

What tells you China does not have equivalent talents as Cupertino does?

I have been to weekend swap meets in China where you can find parts and software to assemble an iPhone look-alike (Chinese version) in less than half-an-hour.

Does that happen without engineering talent ??

The country of your birth, India, can't even produce basic cellphone parts in-country (screens, circuit boards, SMD components, batteries) and has to import them from China and assemble local phones.

You think that happens without talent ??

The whole esoteric audio market is filled with Chinese products nowadays, priced a fraction of US and EU counterparts. I bought some myself (high-spec Valve amps), they are spectacular for the price.

Chinese precision optics (microscopes, telescopes, binoculars, consumer lenses) are sold all over the globe and sell at almost the same price as their Japanese equivalents. Out of all my camera lenses (some priced around $1000) half are Chinese (LAOWA, VILTROX). They work and look great - some are better performers than Japanese products at half the cost.

A talentless country can produce those ??

Take a lesson from Tim Cook - just give up this sad habit of bad-mouthing China.

Little off-topic but Sometime I really think India is doing something great which we should consider to do, Indian is basically linking West and their Allies with Russia and China and provide a gateway for things which west need from Russia, China and Co. This middle man role of India will get them lots of money for some good years till machines will become labor.

In case of Cell Phone, they were previously assembled in china with Chinese made parts (not debating where technology is developed) and now they are going to assembled in India with Chinese made parts. Same is true for Russian Oil etc.

Little off-topic but Sometime I really think India is doing something great which we should consider to do, Indian is basically linking West and their Allies with Russia and China and provide a gateway for things which west need from Russia, China and Co. This middle man role of India will get them lots of money for some good years till machines will become labor.

In case of Cell Phone, they were previously assembled in china with Chinese made parts (not debating where technology is developed) and now they are going to assembled in India with Chinese made parts. Same is true for Russian Oil etc.

Nothing stops Bangladesh and Pakistan from doing the same. VIetnam is making a killing here. Pakistan is a little messed up here to woo the business. Maybe in a few years.

If Xi does not watch out his behavior a lot of electronic assembly is moving out of China into other areas. A lot of component manufacturing will also move out of China. Pakistanis and Chinese members make it sound like China controls the Samsung's, Apple's, HP's of the world. They don't.

As far as Indian laborers goes I assume they will take 10 hour factory shift in climate controlled environment over working in the rice fields any day for 5x more $$$. Apple does not care if making an iPhone in India costs $x+y instead of $x in China. They will eat it for geographical diversification and hedging on China. Tim Cooks (an operations guy) has calculated the numbers and decided on that. Personally I would not have. But I am not Tim Cooks. Of course Mr @Bilal9 is a bigger authority on Apple's operations than Tim Cooks. What else is new on PDF ?

Nothing stops Bangladesh and Pakistan from doing the same. VIetnam is making a killing here. Pakistan is a little messed up here to woo the business. Maybe in a few years.

If Xi does not watch out his behavior a lot of electronic assembly is moving out of China into other areas. A lot of component manufacturing will also move out of China. Pakistanis and Chinese members make it sound like China controls the Samsung's, Apple's, HP's of the world. They don't.

As far as Indian laborers goes I assume they will take 10 hour factory shift in climate controlled environment over working in the rice fields any day for 5x more $$$. Apple does not care if making an iPhone in India costs $x+y instead of $x in China. They will eat it for geographical diversification and hedging on China. Tim Cooks (an operations guy) has calculated the numbers and decided on that. Personally I would not have. But I am not Tim Cooks. Of course Mr @Bilal9 is a bigger authority on Apple's operations than Tim Cooks. What else is new on PDF ?

Agreed except on Xi must have some plan which he knows better and last two lines. Name calling is bad, we are here to discuss, don't make it personal.

Apple CEO is made a very important point here, World need cheap skilled labor atleast for now (maybe in future machines will take over this role) and china is no more cheap labor country and India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Nigeria, Brazil, Egypt, Ethiopia, Philippines, Vietnam and whoever invest in and develop human resource have an opportunity here and will get the maximum out of this shift. World needs Cheap Skilled Labor for now.

Last edited:
Agreed except on Xi must have some plan which he knows better and last two lines. Name calling is bad, we are here to discuss, don't make it personal.

I do not think Xi has a plan if USA gets the EU, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia under a single bloc, I do not expect USA to be successful here. Chinese are counting on disunity and chaos in rest of the world to advance their aims. If you believe the Chinese somehow meritocracy driven technocrats will be superior to non-technocrats in the long run - damn market forces and damn the masses. The Covid-19 was a good demonstrator of Chinese incompetence. Numerous pathogens far more deadly than Covid-19 have been bottled up at place of infections by Western medical teams that operate under open information regime. The CCP in its infinite wisdom botched the early response. This whole idea that Xi can fashion a response to American plans without making errors is laughable. To be fair I expect USA to commit blunders in their attempt to isolate China. The real question is what blunders will the CCP make in response. The BRI and CPEC are all good examples of Chinese inability to plan things.

Apologize for that @Bilal9

I do not think Xi has a plan if USA gets the EU, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia under a single bloc, I do not expect USA to be successful here. Chinese are counting on disunity and chaos in rest of the world to advance their aims. If you believe the Chinese somehow meritocracy driven technocrats will be superior to non-technocrats in the long run - damn market forces and damn the masses. The Covid-19 was a good demonstrator of Chinese incompetence. Numerous pathogens far more deadly than Covid-19 have been bottled up at place of infections by Western medical teams that operate under open information regime. The CCP in its infinite wisdom botched the early response. This whole idea that Xi can fashion a response to American plans without making errors is laughable. To be fair I expect USA to commit blunders in their attempt to isolate China. The real question is what blunders will the CCP make in response. The BRI and CPEC are all good examples of Chinese inability to plan things.

Only India needs to be integrated, rest are all part of a bloc (almost) and to be honest even if USA won't be fully successful, the damage it make would not be small. Chinese right now far behind US and that a reality. No doubt in that. But that doesn't mean they are not improving. They keep getting better with time.

And apologies for general response, I was only looking for opportunity from your comments.

Only India needs to be integrated, rest are all part of a bloc (almost) and to be honest even if USA won't be fully successful, the damage it make would not be small. Chinese right now far behind US and that a reality. No doubt in that. But that doesn't mean they are not improving. They keep getting better with time.

And apologies for general response, I was only looking for opportunity from your comments.

Even a limited shift from China to India can be disruptive in ways I (or that matter Xi or Biden) cannot comprehend.

Oh yeah, which countries have millions of their citizens died in the pandemic, none other than the la la land and dreamland, talk of incompetence, lol.

Chinese work hard.

Chinese government allows people to work 12 -16 hours a day.

This is not possible in other countries.
It's applicable to most of workers / line leaders and to some extent technicians. If they do not work for 12+ hours they will not make enough to survive urban China and spare money for family at their home town.

They can all go work for Huawei if they feel exploited...
Foxconn (Apple manufacturer) is equally evil if not worst. I must say working for Huawei will be better than Foxconn.

Oh yeah, which countries have millions of their citizens died in the pandemic, none other than the la la land and dreamland, talk of incompetence, lol.
again ur dirty lil commie brain has been behind firewall too long

no one outside of china blames anything other than china for covid

no one asked for lockdowns or any measures like chinese concentration camps

we do not blame our own government

and if we do we’re allowed to

try blaming chinese govt for anything

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom